** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Brazilian Serie A - Aug 15, 16

Just two games this mid-week on the Brazilian Serie A, with both matches having being postponed from their original dates due to the Pan-American Games which took place last month in Rio de Janeiro. Tonight, Botafogo faces Corinthians and tomorrow we have the Rio derby between Flamengo and Fluminense. I'll post a preview for tonight's game first, and wait until tomorrow for the other match: BOTAFOGO-CORINTHIANS Botafogo faces Corinthians tonight at the Maracana Stadium, in a game postponed from the 7th round of the Brazilian Serie A soccer league. A win takes the team to 36 points, four less than current leaders Sao Paulo. The visitors are trying to build up on the comeback win over Gremio, 2-1, which took them out of the relegation zone. They will have a tough time against a team determined to show it's still in the chase for the league title. Corinthians has won two out of its last three games, but both wins came at home. Botafogo will have several players back to its lineup. Juninho, Luciano Almeida, Tulio and Lucio Flavio return after serving a one-game suspension on the 1-1 away draw with Figueirense. But Renato Silva and Andre Lima are out of the team, suspended. For Corinthians, Finazzi returns to the starting lineup after scoring one goal and giving an assist coming out of the bench against Gremio. Defender Zelao is suspended, while left-back Carlao is sidelined with an injury. Good luck to all, Carlos

Re: Brazilian Serie A - Aug 15, 16 Ok so I am certainly thinking about Fluminense for tomorrows match... likely to be on the -0.25 (already on for small stakes, but will increase to medium should I get good news)... while this will be a derby which can produce strange results but mostly here Flum seem to have the upper hand.... overs @ 1.9 also looks tasty... however I feel that a low scoring game will produce a loss of 1/2 loss in the -0.25 bet so should I decide to go with that the 1X2 bet will take a back seat and remain small stakes...:ok

Re: Brazilian Serie A - Aug 15, 16

I'm going to go with Fluminense on this one' date=' straight win. I tried to do some research, but with limited time and an even more limited grasp of Portugese, I'll go with a low stake.[/quote'] Might be worth checking out fejas great blogspot site!;) Putting some in for a home win myself tonight!:ok

Re: Brazilian Serie A - Aug 15, 16 Due to the intense nature of this match I will stick with the AH.... 10 units Fluminense -0.25 @ 1.98 (Combined figure from 2 bets) Much of the stats point to this team coming up victors however a little something in case of a draw for a small price concession I am happy to make...:ok

Re: Brazilian Serie A - Aug 15, 16 Fejas... would just like to know what happened to this match... we can all assume that the red sent all Flamengo players scurrying for the defense line and the second even more so... yet I rated this match 47/35/18... and with red cards involved surely tips in favour of Home team... was it pure random occurrence or did I get this one wrong from the start... started 2 get worried when everybody agreed with me...:tongue2 ...Anyone with knowledge I would appreciate their input...:ok