** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf 16-19 Aug - Wyndham Champ/Scandinavian Masters

Interested to hear the views of the regular golf tippers on the above tournaments. Both have pretty poor fields as the top players prepare for the Fedex Cup playoffs starting next week. The backdrop to this is that the top 144 players on the FC standings after this week's PGA tournament make their way into a 4 week playoff culminating in a 30-strong final event. The current standings for the players competing in the Wyndham can be seen next to their names on the leaderboard (http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/2007/r013/index.html) At this stage I am very tempted by Anders Hansen for several reasons, firstly he seems to be playing solid golf and has registered T22 and T12 finishes at the WGC and USPGA events where the field was infinitely stronger than this one. He's also won on the European Tour this year at the BMW Champs. Secondly he is ranked 151 on the FC list and will need a strong showing to work his way into the playoffs. On the European Tour the bets that appeal are Mikko Ilonen (33/1) and Nick Dougherty to be Top GB/Ire at 16/1. Ilonen is capable of shooting very low and has performed well in much better fields. Dougherty is a frustrating young talent but has done ok in regular tour events and 16/1 looks good for an each way dabble. Final bets to be confirmed before tee-off tomorrow.

Re: Golf 16-19 Aug - Wyndham Champ/Scandinavian Masters Charlie Wi @ 101 Cameron Beckman @ 175 Stephen Allan @ 67 Brian Gay @ 101 Kent Jones @ 151 Sorry no explaination. All players playing relatively well and stats in recent events have suited this course i.e. straight driving, decent GIR and good putting. Also had a week off last week and didnt have to endure the incredible heat in Tulsa. GL

Re: Golf 16-19 Aug - Wyndham Champ/Scandinavian Masters Bets for this week based on above: European Tour 4pts Mikko Ilonen Top 10 finish @ 3/1 (bet365) 3pts N.Dougherty Top GB & Ire (E/W) @ 16/1 (Boylesports) PGA Tour 2pts A.Hansen to win Wyndham Champs @ 55/1 (bet365) 4pts A.Hansen Top 10 finish @ 5/1 (bet365)

Re: Golf 16-19 Aug - Wyndham Champ/Scandinavian Masters

Bets for this week based on above: European Tour 4pts Mikko Ilonen Top 10 finish @ 3/1 (bet365) 3pts N.Dougherty Top GB & Ire (E/W) @ 16/1 (Boylesports) PGA Tour 2pts A.Hansen to win Wyndham Champs @ 55/1 (bet365) 4pts A.Hansen Top 10 finish @ 5/1 (bet365)
All 4 looking very good going into Sunday mate. Nice one :ok. Going to go against one of your picks in a 2 ball though :$. 10pts P.Broadhurst to beat M.Ilonen 11/10 Bet365 Paul Broadhurst shot a superb 64 on Saturday to put himself right in contention and has every chance of winning this event on Sunday. Mikko Ilonen's 67 on Saturday stuck him right in the business end of the tournament but Broadhurst's 64 was full of quality. He has a good record overall in this event with numerous top 15s to his name while this is the 1st time the Finn has made the cut in this event. Broadhurst has been a regular top 10 player in events over the last couple of years and knows how to play Sunday when in contention. Ilonen has also won tournaments on tour but his poor record in the event worries me. Broadhurst should be full of confidence after his round of the week 64 and I'll take the Englishman to see off his Scandinavian opponent here.

Bets for this week based on above: European Tour 4pts Mikko Ilonen Top 10 finish @ 3/1 (bet365)....Won:clap 3pts N.Dougherty Top GB & Ire (E/W) @ 16/1 (Boylesports)....2nd:clap PGA Tour 2pts A.Hansen to win Wyndham Champs @ 55/1 (bet365)....currently 2nd:hope 4pts A.Hansen Top 10 finish @ 5/1 (bet365)....currently 2nd:hope
Some serious good bets there, mate:clap:clap:clap 16pts staked (if Dougherty was 3pts EW) and already 31pts returned, with another 24pts looking nailed on with Hansen in Top 10, and :hope for the big 112pts from him winning:ok Superb weekend, hope you had a big wedge on them.

Re: Golf 16-19 Aug - Wyndham Champ/Scandinavian Masters Cheers lads, unlucky with your bet Kev as there were many scenarios where we both could have won and I was hoping for one of those. Bit gutting that Ilonen went and won but I had some doubts over his nerve after the way he blew up in the last round at Loch Lomond, and when he doubled the 16th I felt somewhat vindicated. Regardless of that I am trying to be a bit more sensible with my golf bets rather than backing big-priced winners so you just have to accept there will be times when you could have made a lot more from a different bet (as always I suppose!) Russ, re-reading my post I should have noted that the bets on Hansen and Dougherty were both E/W with the stakes noted being the total ones (i.e 1.5pts and 1pt E/W). From this I make it 13pts staked in total and a total of 49pts back so far (as Dougherty was top GB), certainly makes a nice change on the golf betting!

Cheers lads, unlucky with your bet Kev as there were many scenarios where we both could have won and I was hoping for one of those. Bit gutting that Ilonen went and won but I had some doubts over his nerve after the way he blew up in the last round at Loch Lomond, and when he doubled the 16th I felt somewhat vindicated. Regardless of that I am trying to be a bit more sensible with my golf bets rather than backing big-priced winners so you just have to accept there will be times when you could have made a lot more from a different bet (as always I suppose!) Russ, re-reading my post I should have noted that the bets on Hansen and Dougherty were both E/W with the stakes noted being the total ones (i.e 1.5pts and 1pt E/W). From this I make it 13pts staked in total and a total of 49pts back so far (as Dougherty was top GB), certainly makes a nice change on the golf betting!
I had Loch Lomond in mind when backing Broadhurst too mate. Ilonen held himself together though. You gave yourself the best chance of winning mate and even though the price wasn't as good, you always had a stress free Sunday with regards Ilonen. Nice one :ok

Russ' date=' re-reading my post I should have noted that the bets on Hansen and Dougherty were both E/W with the stakes noted being the total ones (i.e 1.5pts and 1pt E/W). From this I make it 13pts staked in total and a total of 49pts back so far (as Dougherty was top GB), certainly makes a nice change on the golf betting![/quote'] :okSorry mate, didn't look at the GB&I part:$ Superb going mate and really hope Hansen comes in for you tonight:hope

Re: Golf 16-19 Aug - Wyndham Champ/Scandinavian Masters Well, Anders couldn't oblige in the end with a bogey on the last to finish T11. Disappointed that he couldn't get going today on a birdie-friendly course but nice for it not to be the difference between a good and bad weekend. Also, Dougherty won by virtue of a bogey from Broadhurst on the last so these things even out. Convinced that there is money to be made from betting the outside markets rather than the outright winner, just got to try and resist the huge odds on offer with the golf.

Convinced that there is money to be made from betting the outside markets rather than the outright winner, just got to try and resist the huge odds on offer with the golf.
maybe but i backed ilonen to win that tourny after u tipped him for top ten so either way!! thanks :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap