Poker Stars WCoOP

Valiant23

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP :lol The Pros on Stars are legends. DeadShadow [observer]: barry how much money do u have in ur account? barryg1: not very much, shadow FossilMan: you looking to lend to him, dead? DeadShadow [observer]: just like 50k barryg1: I need to make the final table here to pay the rent barryg1: but I received a promising offer in an e-mail from Nigeria danny73 [observer]: hahaha PEAHEART [observer]: lol FossilMan: barry, can I buy half that action from you? barryg1: no, but I may need a good lawyer to help me once I get all the money :rollin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP Thanks for the support on Friday Ladies/Gents. Bit disappointed not to make the cash but had a lot of fun playing and there was a lot of fun natured banter on my table. Was quite slow of fthe mark but once I got going was feeling pretty confident, although I'm sure the few cans I had, were assisting with that. The guy who I was having the main banter with - Whitfield74, is a previous sunday million winner, so no mug, but had a bit of luck against me early on.When I went out I wished him all the best, so fair play to him for making the cash. i would mind playing a few more of these events, but to be honest there a bit outside by buyin range at the moment.

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP Ok - own up - which of you is it? http://www.pokerplayermagazine.co.uk/pokerlife/pokernews/2874/wcoop_winner.html

WCOOP Winner PokerStars online poker final UK player wins $1.2 million - the biggest ever prize in an online poker championship
By Jenny Southan October 2007
The main event of the highly anticipated PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker has been won by British player theVOid. He claimed not only the first place, title and a WCOOP bracelet, but an eye-ball popping $1.2 million – the biggest online prize in history. Almost 3,000 players logged-on, including JC ‘area23JC’ Tran and Chris ‘Money800’ Moneymaker, to sign-up for the $2,600 tournament which created a $7,495,000 prize pool. The game started on Sunday September 30 and by Monday night the new king of online poker had been crowned. Those making it to the final table included sponsored Team Poker Stars player Vanessa Roussso - a.k.a LadyMaverick - who did well to battle it all the way to third place, taking down a $463,940.50 prize, but couldn’t quite make it to the top. HelmetSky was awarded $382,245 for his fourth place finish and mpg1000 in fifth, was credited with $307,295. A tense heads-up battle took place between ka$ino, who started with the chip-lead, and theVOid, who managed to win two all-ins to gain command of his opponent. In the end, ka$ino re-raised with AK and theVOid pushed with KQ. The board came 3 10 J 3 9 giving theVOid a straight, and a bitter-sweet second place consolation prize of $850,782.50 to ka$ino. Since winning the biggest online poker event of the year, theVOid has been receiving a lot of of attention online not only because of the amount of money won, but because of rumours about his actual identity which remains a mystery, and that it was the first tournament to have been played on this account. The WCOOP took place over two and a half weeks and involved 17,000 players from 107 countries, 23 independent events and roughly $24 million in prizes. The most successful countries represented at the world championship were the US and Sweden, who receieved nine and four bracelets respectively.

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP On the user's name it had the destination as 'Monte Carlo' .... Yet PP claim they were British.... :unsure ... Also much discussion about the fact it was the person's first event. Now, i'm probably over-simplifying this to most people but it seems to me they're either a Pro who was having a first time dabble, or it's a PokerStars Bot.... I do know though that Gus recently moved to Monte Carlo... The only thing i'm pretty sure of really is that Rousso had someone else playing for her... Chad Brown anyone?

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP 17 Page thread on 2+2 :loon Haven't read beyond post 1 yet which claims:

I heard some gossip from a reliable source that the winner 'TheVoid' is under investigation. Apparantly the winners real name is a sister of Mark Telscher and both him and his "sister" played in the same event under the same IP.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=12334017&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP The main theme running through the thread is that this guy had about 5 accounts playing in the tournament, allegedly. Another main thought in the thread is that there is a hell of a lot of multi-accounting that goes on in online with some admitting it and plenty of other theories about who does it. Other than that most of the posts aren't useful (as usual ;))

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP I've no idea. I doubt they could prove that one way or another, but if those rumours were true about there being 5 accounts on one IP then that is an issue big enough to be able to freeze all the accounts and therefore all monies they could have won i would have thought.

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP Pokerstars will probably close his other accounts and let him keep the winnings...I dont think they can prove anything else .... I wonder how many more online pros have more than 1 accounts at Pokerstars,Fulltilt,etc. Rumors Josh Arieh got caught colluding and has been banned from Pokerstars... PokerStars has a huge history of people playing multi accounts (in the same tourney),People buying other peoples accounts (when they are deep in major tourneys) Bigger the prizepool ,more people will cheat.....

Re: Poker Stars WCoOP

I played against Mark Teltscher once when he was a teenager ... though not at poker. He was an arrogant little brat then ... sounds as though he may not have grown out of it.
Hope you whipped his ass at whatever sport you took him on at ...:spank .. I'll guess it was Dwarf Throwing (before it became an official Olympic event, and the Chinese began their domination of the sport, of course)