Bangor 3/08/07

Couldn't find thread for Bangor so started this one.

arrow_previous_race.gif 3:40 arrow_next_race.gifCHESTER RACES FAMILY FUNDAY NOVICES' HURDLE (DIV I) (CLASS 4)
Pigeon Island for me. Likes the faster ground and has done well over the year in hurdles, with his last 7 races not being outside the top three. Main threat is Cape Greko but with only one race on jumps i do not believe he has the experience.

Bangor ~ Friday 305 Earl Of Spectrum (25/1) EW Got to give a mention to this outsider who i think has a chance of a place in this handicap chase. The fav is a solid improving horse who won on this ground last time but at 7/4 and with a 7lb penalty i'd sooner watch than bet this one. Of the others there all pretty moderate which is why i give the Earl a chance. Promised but didnt deliver over hurdles on a few occasions so the switch to bigger obstacles may be the key. On his debut he finished 5th beaten a fair way and made a few mistakes and on the face of it looks only a moderate run, but Daldini was third which rane well at Perth this week and The Stickler was second who went on to run Bagan close next time and the winner Litron is rated over 100 in Ireland, so the race was pretty useful. This looks easier so i'll take a chance.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.