N Ireland V Spain = Nail in my coffin

Guest Da Hannanah

Guest Da Hannanah

Truly understand how you feel, mate. Spain cost me a fortune yesterday, and that was the umpteenth time recenty I marginally lost a big bet. Only thing I can say is - it goes up and down. During thi season I hav had amasing highs and lows, and there always is a good bet around the corner. Still - sensible decission, I guess, if you can stick by it. My bet is you cant... ;)

I Know - It's Crazy >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: £"%£!^$! Spain!!!!!!!!! I watched most of that match - it was a joke! Spain had the ball all the time - but preceeded to pas it about rather that shot in the Northern Irish penalty area. Maik Taylor was inspired - though I alway viewed him as their best player, he's an excellent goalkeeper. Spain were completely devoid of ideas, and scared to shoot unless they were six yards out or closer to the goals. You'd think they'd learn in 20 minutes or so but no, it took them all 90 and injury time. Incopmetant tactics. Lost a large chunk of profit too - AGAIN (following on from their awful display of finishing vs Greece). At least it looks like they too will be punished by failing to get top spot. Don't Greece just have Armenia and Northern Ireland left to play now? Such inept tactics from Spain................ >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >:

. Everything that went wrong for Spain against Greece seemed to go wrong against Northern Ireland too. So I can't say I have too much sympathy for Spain backers at such a short price because the signs were there that as a team Spain are currently struggling to show much creativity and invention that their club sides display to such great effect.

Guest thetwotwins

not after eventing! the appropriateness of threads is a relevant point here: I tipped the NI match to be 0-0 in the correct scores thread and I did see someone start another dedicated ni v spain thread but were advised to discontinue it: I guess though a/ you may not have listened to me!! b/ how many threads can you research?!!

Guest Postman Pat

Re: .

So I can't say I have too much sympathy for Spain backers
Can someone give me alittle pity please. My Mrs was wondering why I was in such a foul mood.

Guest Da Hannanah

... Luso - get a grip, man. This is Northern Ireland we are talking about, and they weren't even in their strongest line-up. Furthermore, the fact that the Spanish lost at home to Greece IMO made it more, not less, likely that Spain would win this game as they now needed to points - all 3 of them. To think that they are now quite unsure of participating after drawing such a medium group. Oh man...

Re: N Ireland V Spain = Nail in my coffin no, just a long term £200 with a school mate (made after euro 2000) that Spain willl win a major tournament by 2010 (inc world cup) I am thinking next year is my best chance :(

• 5 months later...

N Ireland V Spain = Nail in my coffin Well thats me done im afraid, Im gonna give betting the elbow Spain cost me too much last night. Im going to have to find a new hobby or jump off to barber college or something. Ill keep popping back, to see how your all getting on, and laughing in the general chat room. Good luck everyone!!!!! Oh if its in the wrong forum, feel free to move it. Cheers