** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wednesdays internationals

Guest Da Hannanah

Guest BarrowMike

Israel? My own fairly big double was also blown by Denmark. Or so I thought, until I noticed Russia had earlier managed to lose 2-1 at home to the unstoppable footballing machine that is Israel. :eek I suppose sometimes you just have to laugh. :rolleyes :lol :rolleyes :lol :rolleyes :lol :rolleyes Bring on the weekend - back to the domestic footie for me. I'm sure I decided to stop betting on friendlies a while ago...:o

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heniek31

Re: ...

Price for Peru win is 5.00 and for draw 3.30!Worth of try or not?
Great call Kojic. Mexico 1 - 3 Peru "If quitters never win, and winners never quit, then who is the fool who said, "Quit while you're ahead?"

Guest peter orchard

Portugal Pinnacle had Khazakstan at an amazing +2¾ goals 1.86 or something. They think the Khazakstanis still play football on horseback with a dead goat for a football. For all I know they do but I thought it was a very generous offer given the uncertainties of International friendlies. :hat

Guest johnny

what happened in the Portugal match what happened in the Portugal match? i only had livescore.com to follow the scores (no ceefax etc here). needed portugl to come in to finish a small accie (see 'Midweek bers here pls' for details). it was 0-0 at half-time, and then they seemed to have a two hour half-time. is there some kind of half-time entertainment in portugal that i don't know about (such as another match taking place!!). any portugese supporters out there with answer?? Also, i can't beleive some of you still bet on russia. i use to advice strongly about the fixed matches here but received a bit of flack because of lack of evidence. the players yesterday decided that they wanted rid of the coach, and put in such a poor performance that it had to be seen to be beleived (at least a dozen shots inside the penalty area in the second half - none on target!!). for the 2004 qualifying matches next month they will try hard as more money can be made from the matches in the tournament. i know some of you don't beleive that such things are fixed here, but let me point out one thing that shows the difference between the mentality in Britain and in Russia. Do you remember your driving test? All the lessons you had to take and the nerves on the day. When my wife wanted her russian driving licence she took one lesson, paid the instructor $50 and received her licence that day. I then had to teach her to drive. Such things are common place here. Everything is driven by money. Si if you are having a bet please think carefully before chosing russia - but do shout for us to win of course :)

Re: what happened in the Portugal match Just Saw Johnny's comments, and I totally agree (also see my thread on next months prices). I really wish I had noticd peoples plans to back Russia before it was too late, so that I could have dissuaded them. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Russia are a very poor side. Still you'll get your money back if you go against them when the meet Rep. Ireland at Landsdown Road.

Guest crowie1969

Re: what happened in the Portugal match Peter, I made a post earlier on the thread saying why I took the Portugese at -2.5 (at the time) with Pinnacle and still don't understand how they managed not win by more. Portugal beat Bolivia (better than Kazakhstan surely) 4-0 last time out while Kazakhstan managed to lose twice in the space of 3 days to the bloody Faroes!! That takes some doing!

They think the Khazakstanis still play football on horseback with a dead goat for a football.
:rollin - I thought they did, maybe thats why I thought it was a good bet;) Still, as you say, thats international football for you isn't it?