Pontefract 29th July Selections

Re: Pontefract 29th July Selections Horse: Blue Ksar 20070729Pfr155001.png Course: Pont Time: 3.50 Ted Durcan is 2/2 on Blue Ksar and just gets the nod from the stable mate Tam-Lin. Ground will suit and he proven over this distance as he beat Army of Angels by 2'1/2L's at Newmarket on GS. Horse: Twilight Star 20070729Pfr155001.png Course: Pont Time: 4.55 Looks like we are going to have a Durcan Double with his Godolphin rides today. Should come on for his debut at Folkstone and the step up to 1m might just suit. Bit of a no brainer from me afriad

Re: Pontefract 29th July Selections Contentious 3.50 Pontefract Blue Ksar looks worthy of favouritism but I can't back it at that price. I don't like Tam Lin as it is a quirky, unreliable horse so I think 2nd place can be filled by Contentious and I also see Flying Clarets running a big race but maybe being outclassed. It was 2nd in a class 4 maiden on soft over 7f when it tracked leaders, stepped up on that to win a 1m race, on good to firm, again tracking leaders. Ran at listed level last time out and change of tactics to see it held up in 7th saw it finish 5th of 9. Dunlop is in great form and I always keep an eye on his sole runners at Pontefract as he is often the longest traveller, that applies today. Available at 12-1 with various bookies and worth a small ew if you want to avoid the fav at a short price. Obviously has to improve but is going the right way and progressing well.