** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lay of the Day 28/7/07

hope i get this right as i've not been in here for a while... 28/7/07 - Ascot, 4.20 Dylan Thomas - taken odds of 2.98 favourite for the race based upon good racing last year. has won 7/13 turf races. racing post reports goes well on expected soft ground. just reading a little deeper into the stats. murtagh has riden 3 times, without a win. DT has had a ride on G-S and one on heavy, finishing 4/7 and 6/7 respectively. imo, the odds here represent value to lay, and under 2/1 is worth laying.

Re: Lay of the Day 28/7/07 4.30 York Last Flight Although bottom weight will need to seriously improve as upped in class and the only 3 year old in the race. There are at least 2 better priced and more experienced horses in the race and I could never put money on this horse to win so it has to be a lay for me.

Re: Lay of the Day 28/7/07 13:40 York Moonlight Man Hasn't won a race in over 2 years and never run on heavy ground previously. He steps back down in class and this isn't the strongest race around so he stands a chance but at a price of 9/4 or 3.4 on BF I think it's a good value lay.

Re: Lay of the Day 28/7/07 Yes DP, all wins on GF, and did like it as a lay myself, just worried about what else barr the fav. can beat him, always like to have 2 or 3 on my side... anyway, good luck. edit having said that, i wouldn't be too confident about waterside, so nevada desert may get your selection stuffed mate!!

Re: Lay of the Day 28/7/07

Yes DP' date=' all wins on GF, and did like it as a lay myself, just worried about what else barr the fav. can beat him, always like to have 2 or 3 on my side... anyway, good luck.[/quote'] Danny, I reckon Nevada Desert has a good chance of beating Moonlight Man also :hope. Although laying is relatively new territory for I'm very tempted to lay Moonlight Man also.

always like to have 2 or 3 on my side... anyway' date=' good luck.[/quote'] Me too. I think Efidium has a good chance as well as the favourite - all it's recent races have been on heavy ground including a good second place finish over C&D 2 races ago (14 days ago) at a grade higher.

13:40 York Moonlight Man Hasn't won a race in over 2 years and never run on heavy ground previously. He steps back down in class and this isn't the strongest race around so he stands a chance but at a price of 9/4 or 3.4 on BF I think it's a good value lay.
:clap

4.30 York Last Flight Although bottom weight will need to seriously improve as upped in class and the only 3 year old in the race. There are at least 2 better priced and more experienced horses in the race and I could never put money on this horse to win so it has to be a lay for me.
It ran well but fortunately not well enough!! 2nd 2-1 :)

hope i get this right as i've not been in here for a while... 28/7/07 - Ascot, 4.20 Dylan Thomas - taken odds of 2.98 favourite for the race based upon good racing last year. has won 7/13 turf races. racing post reports goes well on expected soft ground. just reading a little deeper into the stats. murtagh has riden 3 times, without a win. DT has had a ride on G-S and one on heavy, finishing 4/7 and 6/7 respectively. imo, the odds here represent value to lay, and under 2/1 is worth laying.
hope nobody followed. lost a bit myself on this. :sad