Would you play this differently?

mattywallace121

Entered a daft $3 mtt today just to fill some time in. Didnt expect to do so good and with 13 left I was in 2nd position. I was in the BB (5000) and one player went all in for 5700 and there was one caller. I had 82os, for 700 chips I thought i'd jus make it up. So there was me(121,000) and the chip leader, who had me covered by 2000 chips. Flops comes 8j2 rainbow, im not chasing middle pair on the flop and just check. He checks. Turn 8, no flush draw on, now ive hit my trips, What would you do here? I lead out for 15,000 chips into a 14,300 pot Get a call River 3 No flushes no straights. I think I must be in a strong position, lead out for a pot sized bet, get re raised all in. Should I be calling here? What would you put him on?

Re: Would you play this differently? would only be worried of jj, you said you got reraised all-in? So it must of been the chip leader who put you all-in. The call would depend on if you had already made the money or you were very close to the bubble, I could understand the chip leader going all-in if you were on the bubble thinking you would have to of had the nuts to call.

Re: Would you play this differently? :unsure bollox think ive wrote the flop down wrong :loon End of thread......................................................... The two on the flop must have been wrong because I only had trips. The other guy ended up holding 77, giving him a fullhouse 7's full of 8's Must go easier on the Strongbow:spank

Re: Would you play this differently?

How would I do that Gaf' date=' it was on VC[/quote'] Just been looking, it seems VC (or any other iPoker site) only provide a hand history whilst you are still in the tourney, however they are stored on your hard drive in XML files - great for PC's to read, but not particularly good for us mere mortals ...... never tried it before, but googled it and this might do the trick....http://www.talking-poker.com/hands/converter.aspx

no need to get involved with the other big stack' date=' unless you have the absolute nuts, check it down to the river, and knock the other guy out.[/quote'] DOnt necessarily always agree with that - this is an MTT, not an STT - it has a steep payout structure (I presume) - a double up here can significantly increase your chances of winning.....

DOnt necessarily always agree with that - this is an MTT' date=' not an STT - it has a steep payout structure (I presume) - a double up here can significantly increase your chances of winning.....[/quote'] Agreed. When you're one of the chip leaders, whether you knock out one more player really doesn't make much difference. And with trip eights, it's extremely unlikely that if you bet it's going to make any difference to whether the short stack is eliminated anyway (the other hand would have to fold a hand that was going to beat your trip eights, and the short stack would have to have a hand that would beat your trip eights but lose to the other hand ... that's just not worth worrying about!). It's a lot more likely that by betting, you get rid of the other hand when he might have drawn out on you.

Re: Would you play this differently? Thanks, ive found it, a bit different to the 1st post I must admit :\. I was probs too shocked too take everything in properly. Ok, the TRUE hand Blinds 2500/5000, Me in the BB 6 People left at table Player on the button goes all in for 5188.3, the chip leader calls, I have 10d8s (First decison do I call the extra 188 or let them battle it out?) Ok I call, Flop comes J82 rainbow. (I check, correct or not?) I check, other player checks Turn 8h I lead out out for 15,000, he calls. (Bet the correct size, just over pot size, I would be happy to take this to heads up with the BB for his 5800) River 7 I lead out for 15k again, he reraises all in. (Whats your call now? Ive put about 36,000 in, with 74,000 left No flushes but a possible 9,10 straight) Sorry for the absolute cock up on the hand, no point me asking for help if I cant even get the bloody hand right :wall