** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Swing swing baby

Nade

Over the last one and a half to two weeks i've experienced big swings in winning and losing every single day, some days ending up a lot, some days down a lot, others break even. I play cash games 25/50 and 50/1 as usual, nothings changed apart from these big swings which i can't explain as i haven't changed my playing style. Just wondered if it's normal to go through the occasional swing and is part of variance or i should look at changing my game, which is TAG! I'm too concerned at the moment, just intrigued if it's a common thing really. :ok

Re: Swing swing baby

Over the last one and a half to two weeks i've experienced big swings in winning and losing every single day' date=' some days ending up a lot, some days down a lot, others break even. I play cash games 25/50 and 50/1 as usual, nothings changed apart from these big swings which i can't explain as i haven't changed my playing style. Just wondered if it's normal to go through the occasional swing and is part of variance or i should look at changing my game, which is TAG! I'm too concerned at the moment, just intrigued if it's a common thing really. :ok[/quote'] yes its very common and yes you should always be examining your game, and perhaps more importantly your opponents - maybe you are losing to the same 1/2 doz players perhaps? or maybe the ones you were fleecing have got you figured out and are not playing against you anymore? Just a thought Damo

Re: Swing swing baby

yes its very common and yes you should always be examining your game, and perhaps more importantly your opponents - maybe you are losing to the same 1/2 doz players perhaps? or maybe the ones you were fleecing have got you figured out and are not playing against you anymore? Just a thought Damo
I'll have a big think about my game in the next couple of days just as i did a few weeks ago and sort it out. Just found this great article which i've found useful on bankroll swings :ok http://www.inside-edge-mag.co.uk/poker/strategy/1839/bankroll_managament.html