Slovenia 20th-22nd July

Re: Slovenia 20th-22nd July Final tables of 2006/07 1 Domzale _____36 __21 12 3 __64:29 _75 2 Gorica _______36 __17 7 12 __66:63 _58 3 Maribor ______36 __15 12 9 __64:50 _57 4 Drava _______36 __15 10 12 _61:52 _55 5 Primorje _____36 __15 10 11 _52:47 _55 6 Koper _______36 __10 15 11 _51:46 _45 7 Celje ________36 _11 12 13 __54:51 _45 8 Nafta ________36 _12 9 15 __45:59 _45 9 Interblock ____36 _5 11 20 __34:68 __26 10 BKrajina _____36 _5 10 21 __38:64 __25

Re: Slovenia 20th-22nd July Interblock - Nafta interblockgx5.gif ...VS... 101px-NK_Nafta_Lendava.JPG Introductory game to the Slovenian championship. Number 9 vs number 8 of the last season. Therefore no high spirits... don't think so. Interblock (again) invested most among all teams and with it the expectations are quite high. Let me just mention Rakovic, the imo best Domzale forward and Pregelj the key player of Maribor and there are some (many) players with "names" that signed for Interblock and are already entitled to play today. With Pavlovic staying in Ljubljana and the mentioned reinforcements Interblock (playerwise) surely belongs to the upper table teams. As I already mentioned in the 2007/08 previews, thay'll also need some time to become a team, not just some single great names. The game vs Zagreb (2-0) showed they can win as well (they mainly lost their preparatories earlier), although Zagreb was playing with a mixed team. Nafta lost their two best strikers (Benko and Eterovic, maybe there's still some chance for the second) and their new signings from HUN Kocsardy and Sebök will most probably miss today's game, as their certificates still haven't arrived. Best news is they managed to get the young Bolivian Ortiz, who signed in Germany yesterday, but he'll be ready for the next game and not today. This means Nafta will be able to field a team with players that know each other but without the usual 2 attackers. The fact they are used to play together and know each other's moves is good news of course. There's no doubt imo about the favs of this introductory game of the season but then the lack of playing together in Interblock and as the opposite goes for the Nafta team I see quite some difficulties for the HW. In fact I see almost no value in odds @1.60-1.70 for HW and therefore will try a small stake on the DRAW version. DRAW @3.50 3/10 sportingbet

Re: Slovenia 20th-22nd July Gorica - Domzale ND_Gorica.gif ...VS... 99px-NK_Domzale.png Number 2 vs number 1 of the last championship. Not the best thing for this game to be planned so early, plus both teams are (still) concentrated at their European qualifiers. Legs are still heavy and these kinds of important games are not easy to be played at this time and having 3 days between them. Domzale had an extra day, but then Gorica can fully concentrate at the game tomorrow, as they don't have another game midweek, while Domzale has their 2nd CL qualy leg already Wednesday, meaning they travel Tuesday latest. Gorica lost their introductory UEFA Q game very unluckily, but imo also deservingly 1-2 and they can't lose another important game at home in the next 3 days too. Whether they are able to win vs Domzale is another question. Domzale won their premier CL Q game 1-0 and with it partly fulfilled their plan. The important thing for this game is surely the fact they again showed how difficult it (still) is for them to score. To make it short (it is not pleasant to write long previews in this heat icon_surprised.gif ) both teams can live with the DRAW version and my estimation for this game is exactly 50-50 therefore all but a 0-0 or 1-1 result would honestly surprise me. I see a defending (on both sides) game with taking care of own net, adding the heat and the fact they have a long history of DRAWS... DRAW @3.25 4/10 Skybet

Re: Slovenia 20th-22nd July Drava - Maribor nkdrava.gif ...VS... NK_Maribor.gif One of the 3 Styrian derbies. Both teams ready and "sharpened" for this clash. Drava had time to prepare in a peaceful situation and we all know the fuss going on around Maribor. Must say I like this kind of situation a lot, as it is always a basis for great odds at the books. Drava made favs here and we get odds @1.88 for MB+0.25 (Pinnacle) . I can't imagine Maribor losing yet another important (for fans, coach and players...) game. Coach Pusnik (generously) took responsibility for their undergoing in Belgrade (0-5) knows it is maybe his last chance to show it was only a bad moment (90') which is reparable when playing concentrated and I'm sure they'll play more than concentrated and motivated infront of at least a 1000 fans. Drava finished at history high 4th place in the last championship and with their great form at the end, they almost reached a UEFA place. I wouldn't rely on that form though as they weakened from back then (imo) and their preparatories were not very convincing. Maribor with already some competing spirit plus the fact they need to prove badly and Drava with official game number 1 this season... Maribor +0.25 @1.88 Pinnacle 8/10

Re: Slovenia 20th-22nd July Koper - Livar LogoFC.gif ...VS... 11381050606011510210-2-55-4-1.jpg The Euro travellers vs the relegation candidate. Seems all simple and the odds showing it so, but... Koper returned from a Bosnia journey (guess) on Friday and playing the next important game already on the (hot) Sunday afternoon. Let me again remind us it's the season start and besides Koper having serious player problems it is also a tough task to play important games in 3 days time. Livar on the other hand ready for their 1st game in the highest SLO division (as ready they can be...) and motivated to fight throughout the game tomorrow. Again I'm less than sure the Koper players will be highly motivated for the game tomorrow. They had an unecessary high loss in Siroki (1-3) on Thursday and exhausted after that game they have to attend vs the "nobody" tomorrow. I see much trouble for them to handle the player shortage and the favourite role as well. I see a dull game where Livar is going to defend and Koper without the necessary power to attack. Therefore the odds for the guests and the X2 version has a nice value. The 1.40-ish for the home side has certainly none. Livar +1 @2.11 5/10 Pinnacle

Re: Slovenia 20th-22nd July FTs HiT Gorica : Domžale 1:1 (0:0)Demirović 66.; Komelj 62./a.g. Drava : Maribor 1:3 (0:3) EmerÅ¡ič 60.; Makrijev 2., 39., Mezga 36. Koper : Livar 2:0 (1:0) Galun 39., 85. MIK CM Celje : Primorje 2:1 (0:0) Pečnik 51., Mlakar 84./a.g./; Zatkovič 76. Interblock : Nafta 1:0 (0:0)Rakovič 92./11-m; RK: Zemljič 91./Nafta

Re: Slovenia 20th-22nd July

Great picks, FeriB! Fortunately I didn't take Livar +1.25 at bet365, because it was gone by the time I saw your post. But I took the draw at Gorica - Domzale :clap
Thanks CL! Generally it was a very good 1st round. If it wasn't for after 85' it would've been perfect. :cheers btw, I forgot to paste my other pick here Celje-1 draw (finished 2-1)... sorry won't happen next time...