** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The '54 Trebles' System

The Floorwalker

Just trialling this to see how it gets on. The idea is to pick 3 horses in 3 different races which ideally have 8-10 runners (ie each way is paid to 3 places but their aren't many runners). The 3 horses are then permed into 3*3*3 = 27 E/W Trebles (54 Trebles in total). I'll test using sp and £1 stake, so total stake is always £54. Todays selections :hope are : York 2.40 Prospect Court York 2.40 Pick A Nice Name York 2.40 Ingleby Princess Asc 2.50 Cesare Asc 2.50 Dunelight Asc 2.50 Heaven Sent Ches 4.45 Madaarek Ches 4.45 York Cliff Ches 4.45 Pret A Porter

Re: The '54 Trebles' System

Just trialling this to see how it gets on. The idea is to pick 3 horses in 3 different races which ideally have 8-10 runners (ie each way is paid to 3 places but their aren't many runners). The 3 horses are then permed into 3*3*3 = 27 E/W Trebles (54 Trebles in total). I'll test using sp and £1 stake, so total stake is always £54. Todays selections :hope are : York 2.40 Prospect Court:clap :clap York 2.40 Pick A Nice Name York 2.40 Ingleby Princess Asc 2.50 Cesare:clap :clap Asc 2.50 Dunelight Asc 2.50 Heaven Sent Placed Ches 4.45 Madaarek Ches 4.45 York Cliff Ches 4.45 Pret A Porter
Good Luck for the last lot.:hope

Re: The '54 Trebles' System

thanks very much Kev :ok It looks like in my rush to post, I didn't realise that Pret A Porter was a non runner in the last :wall . I will replace it with the next best which is Acuzio. Hopefully one of these can win to get up the win treble :hope
I think you would have to stick with it been a non runner, as you would not be able to change anything after posting, unless non of the events have taken place, then you would just do a fresh post, as editing post's does no look good, to other's as they may think you are after eventing. only way to have been able to change this would be that you post up as you have, but state you will be doing it as a rolling bet with selected bookmakers . I.E first race 2.40 £1 e/w on each returns are say £12 then next race it would be 3x £2 e.w Then in the last you state non runner and any returns from the last race could just be placed on the three selections with the N/R been changed.

Re: The '54 Trebles' System thanks again Kev - must admit I wasn't sure of the etiquette regarding non runners but I thought since it was only 'paper testing' then it would be ok to replace it with another runner. I take your point though and I'll adhere to this in future. Likewise if non runners mean less than 8 runners in the race, then the results will still stand (although obviously only 2 placed would be paid). Anyway didn't quite manage the win treble - returns are £20.63. Loss of £33.37 on the day.

• 3 weeks later...