** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Africa - World Cup Qual - 4/5/6 Jun

Guest mr onemore

Guest mr onemore

Africa - World Cup Qual - 4/5/6 Jun Thankks Tulenos - great site Have printed the odds given here, sorry if messy World Championship - qual. CAF (15 matches) The highest odds n 1 X 2 Zambia - Togo Sat 05-06-2004 - 15:00 10 1.77 3.50 4.75 Malawi - Morocco Sat 05-06-2004 - 15:00 11 5.50 3.50 1.75 Kenya - Guinea Sat 05-06-2004 - 15:00 6 2.05 3.20 4.00 South Africa - Cape Verde Sat 05-06-2004 - 15:00 9 1.20 6.50 12.90 Uganda - Dem Rep of the Congo Sat 05-06-2004 - 15:30 11 2.50 3.10 3.06 Gabon - Zimbabwe Sat 05-06-2004 - 17:00 10 2.90 3.20 2.50 Nigeria - Rwanda Sat 05-06-2004 - 17:00 11 1.22 7.00 13.00 Senegal - Congo Sat 05-06-2004 - 18:30 11 1.35 6.50 12.90 Burkina Faso - Ghana Sat 05-06-2004 - 20:00 11 2.25 3.20 4.59 Algeria - Angola Sat 05-06-2004 - 20:00 11 1.65 4.00 6.60 Tunisia - Botswana Sat 05-06-2004 - 20:15 11 1.25 7.00 14.10 Cameroon - Benin Sun 06-06-2004 - 16:30 11 1.22 7.50 14.10 Cote d'Ivoire - Libya Sun 06-06-2004 - 18:00 10 1.85 4.50 6.50 Liberia - Mali Sun 06-06-2004 - 18:00 10 3.60 3.20 2.75 Sudan - Egypt Sun 06-06-2004 - 19:00 10 3.75 3.40 2.39 Notes: n - number of bet companies, from which the highest odds are calculated.

Guest mr onemore

Africa - World Cup Qual - 4/5/6 Jun Going to look into these in a bit more detail later; Initial thoughts... Tunisia look great value at 1.25, unfortunately the online bookies only giving about 1.12 which is still generous. Botswana are a hopeless outfit, and aren't even going to have a full strength squad sent for the game according to their local press. This is just about the banker home of all time... Malawi look attractive at 5.50. Their club champions put Orlando Pirates out of the African Champs league last weekend, and I'd like to see how many of that team make up the national one. Add to that Malawi have a decent record at home of late, so home adv definitely a factor here (66,000 at that champs league game) Would leave RSA v Cape Verde alone - RSA obviously should win, but Cape Verde have pulled a few surprises recently, and South Africa don't usually score too many. Burkina Faso - Ghana.....going to look at this a lot more. Tie of the round I'd say, could go either way. I'll be looking for evidence to put on BF though, Ghana Football in shambles at moment. Cameroon - Benin, easy home win here. I watched Benin in Nations Cup, useless, and there 3-0 win over Zambia to qualify was totally ref assisted. This is another banker, but I'll check out who is turning out for Cameroon first. Liberia - Mali...don't know a great deal here, but Liberia are a good team, Mali overrated a bit IMO, especially away from home. Liberia odds look attractive - but need to check out a lot here - not even sure where the game is being played (Ghana again?? last time that meant the National team was completed with guys from the refugee camp in Accra) Will be having a bigger look at some of these later on - any more odds sites please let me know - as it's actually going to be difficult for me to get some money on these as ot stands!!!:)

Africa - World Cup Qual - 4/5/6 Jun mr onemore - as you have found, there is a problem with the highest odds available and as you will find out, Czech and Slovak books are not taken into account on the subpage - the reason is you pay a 10 per cent fee to even place your bet here so the real odds are much lower than they look like. Thanks for your input.:)

Guest mr onemore

Tunisia - Botswana After looking at the ties again, and the odds I can get (Betfair have books now on most of the ties), I'm taking Tunisia to beat Botswana. Botswana have very little experience of playing against teams like Tunisia, and are traditionally very poor travellers. (I remember them losing 6-0 in a WCQ to Cote d'Ivoire in Abidjan some years back when CIV were also Nations Cup holders). I can't see the Botswana defence holding up against the kind of pressure that will build up tonight, crowd and referee big home advantages in African football. According to the local press, Botswana are not able to send their strongest team (allafrica.com), and might field three debutants also. Tunisia are without Trabelsi, but it's not their defence that will be troubled in this tie, as Botswana are said to be playing just one up front. BBC are talking up Botswana's chances by talking about recent performances in the COSAFA cup where Botswana have qualified for the Quarter Finals. Well there are only about ten countries that enter this and even then the countries can never get their overseas players in for the game making all games except the final a bit of a farce. I see Tunisia putting in a professional performance tonight, with their more experienced and talented team taking full use of the home advantage. I'm going to take anything I can get from 1.14 on this.:ok Of the other games today, I'm steering clear. Have a gut feeling that Malawi might hold Morocco, but can't get the sort of odds I want on this. Certainly would be wary of backing Morocco here.

Guest mr onemore

results Malawi 1-1 Morocco FT:ok South Africa 2-1 Cape Verde Islands FT Zambia 1-0 Togo FT Gabon 1-1 Zimbabwe FT Nigeria 2-0 Rwanda FT Senegal 2-0 Congo FT Burkina Faso 1-0 Ghana FT Algeria 0-0 Angola FT Tunisia 4-1 Botswana FT:ok By all accounts, South Africa only just held on too. The only game I can get on today is Cameroon - Benin. Benin have some useful players, and reportedly have flown in ten professionals. At the nations cup they were outclassed in the group of death - Nigeria 1-2, South Africa 0-2, and Morocco 0-4. Although they recently beat Burkina Faso 1-0. I was at the game where Benin beat Zambia 3-0 to qualify for the Nations Cup Finals (for the first time). It was a massive home crowd, and the referee gave two very dubious penalties. You can bet they won't get that kind of fortune in Yaounde today. Benin are just not good enough against quality opposition. As for Cameroon, well it seems everybody thinks they know about this team, so there is little new to say. The players are extremely strong and at home they will surely intimidate the opposition somewhat. Interestingly, the local Cameroon press is talking up a new striker, Tum Herve, who plays for Basel. He scored a hatrick in a 4-2 training ground win for Cameroon against Canon Yaounde, and is touted as the kind of goals poacher Camreoon has been looking for. On the downside, BBC state that Song and Lauren are not playing today. The coach, Schafer, has also not been paid since December - not sure if that affects things??? Cameroon also got their 6 points back which were going to be deducted because of those crap one piece kits they wore at the Nations Cup. That decision was touch and go. Cameroon are very strong at winning the ball, and rarely give it away. Against a team like Benin, they will create plenty of chances, and Cameroon will score a few today. I don't see Benin even getting one against a tight defence and playing away from home. Betfair go 1.11 Cam, 8 draw, 13 Ben but there is very little money around. Anyone seen odds on this at other online bookies. I'd like to put a decent sized bet on Cameroon here.