Jamie Spencer - Rated / Over rated

Obviously we all have reviews and suggestions on Jockeys, but from my point of view i really think Jamie Spencer is so over rated. We all cheer him whem he rides a winner, but the stats are there to see this year, his form on the turf in 2007 is poor, i believe he was the worst jockey in the ratings when he won his jockey title, and showed a -£212.79 over the course of that year despite winning the title He has been more effective on the AWT this year, and we have to look into some of his rides this year He rode Rique Heights this afternoon, a heavily backed favourite into 5/4 now he was not to blame for missing the break and they went a good clip he came there after making headway three out, go into contention, but the horse found nothing, but that does not give him the excuse to drop his hands and let the horse finish last against some terrible platers.. Risque Heights is most definetly becoming very exposed with 8 races under his belt and if cannot beat these types the owners have to look to off load him in a seller, which is probably the only place it will win. Jockey's should be slammed for not riding to the line, and dropping his hands and giving up should also be punished, JP Guillembert was given a 42 day ban for doing just the similar, but that was at the line. So again as i stated yesterday, where does this leave the punter, the layers are screaming thankyou Spencer you came through for them, but for the punter it is coming fustrating when jockeys do not ride out. I know i am leaving myself open for criticism on this matter, but i think you have to be bold in this game and state things you see and need addressing professionally. Wups - Thats my gripe of the day

Re: Jamie Spencer - Rated / Over rated Swings and Roundabouts mate. Ive backed Spencer many times, cursing him for poor rides, and other occasions thinking he's a genius. Plenty of rides by other jockey's can be put into the 'dodgy' category. It's always going to be a grey area when dealing with horses, who aren't machines and as such can always have excuses made for their performances.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.