Sierra Vista

Bowles, I know its one of your to follow as it is mine also but what do you think now with the race yesterday. A career high mark now its looking like the handicapper has finally caught up with her or was it just bad riding from Frankie. Id like to see her drop a few before I back her again. Thoughts mate?

Re: Sierra Vista good point mate, it is a horse i have championed over the years as i knew it had the ability & a shrewd trainer it closed the 2005 season winning off a career high mark of 97 in a class 2 event over 5f on soft going. in 2006, it was racing off marks of 100/101 & just wasnt getting there. It was at this point i was waiting for it to drop to 97 again & its favoured ground & in it went at Haydock in September at 16/1. this season it has surpassed all expectations winning off 101, 102 & 108. That last one was at Sandown in the temple stakes when it made all much like the rest of its wins. It prefers to have no other horse around it & maybe that was the problem at Sandown as Reverence stayed with it also. I personally felt the 3yo's were in control at the weights yesterday with nearly a stone advantage for both. They finished 1-2 so i wasnt wrong. it favoured track is Haydock on g/s or soft. It has won its last 4 there with Cosgrave, Eaves & Hanagan all in the saddle. Dettori had never ridden it before so surprised to see him on the horse. I would be interested if it runs at Haydock but cannot win off this mark (110) unless perhaps it gets into a conditions race where somethimes this suits the higher rated horse. I hope he puts it away now until September & we get 3 or 3 more runs out of it then. It also likes Newmarket so would be interested if it goes there late in the season.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.