My First Time

Guest tranmerekev

Guest tranmerekev

Hi everyone. I have only recently found this site and this is my first post. I am like every other punter, trying to get an edge over our old friends the bookies. It seems its a good little community on here with plenty of help and tips flying about. I don't bet on the horses as much as I used to, though I do enjoy a decent punt now and again. I think sports betting can be more profitable though sadly I don't have the time I would like to do the studying. Thats why this seems a good site. Everyone chips in with their titbits and it seems some have more knowledge about certain teams/leagues etc. Is there any particular people on here who's views are very much well regarded? Anyway I notice there has been a few posts about the point I was going to make. I don't usually bet on correct scores unless its on international games, and qualifiers in particular. Its almost a gimmee that some international teams just don't score goals. The qualifying groups are usually lob sided with big boys playing minnows. I tend to do combination doubles or trebles with the small nation not scoring. In the Premiership or Coca Cola leagues even the poor side manage to score sometimes so correct scores are made more difficult. Not so at international football, with the likes of Andorra, San Marino & Lichtenstein amoungst others very rarely finding the net against strong opposition. So half of the bet is sorted. The tough part is to find out how many the minnows will concede. Thats why I do combination bets - 2 or 3 different scores. To be fair on the smaller nations and it can be a pain for us punters, some of them are improving, albit very gradually. Faroe Islands as proven against (admittedly a poor) German side. Luxembourg are managed by ex European footballer of the year Alan Simmonsen, and though they invariably get beat, the cheeky s*ds have the habit of scoring occasionally and confining all bets to the dustbin. Saying all that, I wouldn't expect Spain, Holland, Finland and Serbia to concede this weekend. Add to that Ireland, Wales, France and maybe even Estonia might get away with clean sheets. Anyway I will be taking a closer look as the weekend draws closer, but I don't think I will be giving out any tips. Afterall I'm a newbie on here:\ I look forward to everyone's opininons on this weekends games and hopefully I will be regular visitor and maybe even a contributer. Cheers. Kev.

Re: My First Time Hi Kev and welcome to the PL, good first post. You're right to say the site only works well when people chip in with their thoughts, everyone has an opinon on matches, it's good that people post and share them. Correct scores are very hard bets to get right, a lot of people here will tell you that singles are the way to go. I think they're right but we'ev all got different ideas. You said "Anyway I will be taking a closer look as the weekend draws closer, but I don't think I will be giving out any tips. Afterall I'm a newbie on here" come on and give us your tips please, just because you're new doesn't mean your ideas will not be valued. There's a lot of people on here with many thousands of posts that couldn't pick a even money home win if it kicked them in the arse. Please post your ideas. "Is there any particular people on here who's views are very much well regarded?" Everyone has different opinons on this, read back over old posts, you'll quickly realise who knows what they're talking about

Guest tranmerekev

Cheers Thanks for the kind words. I only do correct score bets on internationals for reasons that have been pointed out by others on here. ie: Smaller nations rarely score. Though some of them are improving and I for one will give them a wide berth. I usually pick three games with two results per game. I do 12 X £1 Doubles & 8 X £! Trebles, though each to their own concerning the amount of games and scores per games. Whilst I don't always win, in the long term it can be profitable. I have picked six games for this weekends bets of which I will reveal my first bet as it contains tonights friendlies. 12 X £1 Doubles 8 X £1 Trebles. Holland v Liectenstein 4-0 5-0 Spain v Scotland 3-0 4-0 Ireland v Cyprus 2-0 3-0 Not all bookies are pricing correct scores for the Dutch game, but it looks like Sportingbet and Tote are best priced. Cheers.