** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dutching the distance's.

kevsul

Distances and how they work. short head = 0.10 head = 0.20 neck = 0.30 1/2 L = 0.50 3/4 L = 0.75 1L = 1.00 The rest is pretty straight forward example horse wins by 2 1/2L = 2.50 over 4L it is on times, Every second = 4L Each meeting is different as you take into consideration, The going, Jockeys instructions that you hear. I.E:: don't let it win to far. make sure you produce it late ETC. Also some meetings you know there is going to be competition, So hopefully horses should be fighting out the finish. The jumps and sometimes the flat get really annoying!! 2 horses jumping the last and one falls leaving the other to win by a distance. On the flat winner way in front and they ease it up to win by a 1L These are things that can help you or go against you. Which depends on what you have covered. Under-In-between or Over prices are generally 6/4--13/8--7/4 or 15/8 more often that not it is 13/8 under 6/4 in-between and 15/8 over Also if it did finish on exactly 18.5 you would only get money back if you backed in-between as that is inclusive And you only get the distance betting about an hour before racing for all meetings Sometimes only 1/2hr before. You can bet on line with >William Hill and Coral. I will put up my selections for meetings as often as is possible. (work commitments) so some days I will not select any at all. You may follow me if you wish. Albeit at your own risk, I used to do this bet in doubles only. Untill i listened to the good advice on here. So for me all bets will be SINGLES ONLY. Selection for meetings will appear here at least 1/2 hr before race meetings start... ================================== Right this is an idea I have been toying with for some weeks now. On speaking with Valiant (Mr V),About My idea of dutching the distance spread of the meetings. I would start with 20points and dutch this on the 2 selections of my choice. The odds would be any of 6/4 7/4 13/8 15/8 and now and then 21/10. But generally it will nearly always be 13/8 and 6/4 My aim is to have 7 winning bets on the bounce. But depending on the odds I may stop at 6. With above odds mentioned total return would be after 7 bets 133.89. With only 3 results to choose from for each meeting and I am picking 2 the odds should be in my favour, but as we all know if it was easy as that everybody would be doing this bet. Or has no one looked into and i am the first.:hope I intend on banking once i reach around the 100point profit mark everytime. and then restart with the oringinal 20point stake. So if i did have 7 straight winning bets of above odds. Bank would become 113.89.and the 20 points start the next turn. Aim is to have around 200 points or more banked every month.:hope First selections are proably going to be Saturday eveing or Sunday as back to work tomorrow.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Dutching the distance's. Cheers Guys.:ok Well Today I have decided to go with Ayr at Ladbrokes aa they offer 13/8 for under and 13/8 for middle others are 6/4 so the first choice is 10 points on each to return 26.25.:hope So under 7L @13/8 for 10pts and inbetween 7-11 @ 13/8 for 10pts

Re: Dutching the distance's.

Cheers Guys.:ok Well Today I have decided to go with Ayr at Ladbrokes aa they offer 13/8 for under and 13/8 for middle others are 6/4 so the first choice is 10 points on each to return 26.25.:hope So under 7L @13/8 for 10pts and inbetween 7-11 @ 13/8 for 10pts
Looking very dodgy today. very unlikely to get this up today:sad

Re: Dutching the distance's. A loser. Shall try again tomorrow. I also fancied Mkt Ras today. But strongly fancied Ayr. A 16runner Handicap wins by 5L over a sprint distance.:( and the race that I thought would unearth me was a good result for me.:\

Musselboro today with coral as they have it at 7.5L to 11L so middle 7.5L to 11L @13/8 for 10.23 Over 11L @7/4 for 9.77
:clap :clap certainly a winner today so returns will be 26.86.:ok And will dutch this tonight so back later.

Re: Dutching the distance's. Cheers Hodgey.:ok Having ago with Pontefract this afternoon, risky call with the 4 handicaps but going is good to soft, and we have 4 races over a mile, so with willhill and coral offering same distance 8.5 to 12.5 but slightly better odds with willhill so its 18.85 @6/4 for 8.5L to 12.5L @willhill and 16.40 @15/8 for over 12.5L @ willhill

Re: Dutching the distance's. All down to the last race . with one race to go I need at least 1L and a 1/4 in the last a big handicap to secure the win, It was looking very good untill the last race finishing a SH. :hope for the last.

Cheers Hodgey.:ok Having ago with Pontefract this afternoon, risky call with the 4 handicaps but going is good to soft, and we have 4 races over a mile, so with willhill and coral offering same distance 8.5 to 12.5 but slightly better odds with willhill so its 18.85 @6/4 for 8.5L to 12.5L @willhill :clap :clap Returns 47.12 and 16.40 @15/8 for over 12.5L @ willhill
Still going strong returns are now 47.12. Taking a look at uttoxeter

Re: Dutching the distance's. Fooking amazing, last 2 races win by 10L and an 18runner handicap wins by 23L.:@ :@ Any other time they look behind an ease up that far in front. So down to ZERO 2 lots of 20pts loss so far with this.:( :( Amazing how one race can win it or lose it for you.

Will be attempting more than 1 meeting tomorrow, to try and bring this back to even's. will sort out in the morning,as currently at work.
Well after having a good study I am decided to do the 2 meetings of york and chester. But firstly I must say that i have never put up a starting bank. I would almost certainly have only started with 100 points. As i would have expected to be winning pretty quickly with this, but that has not happened. So with that in mind I now have a bank of 60pts. On to today. York is with will hill 14L to 20L Coral have 13.5L to 19.5L and stan James have 15.25L to 21.25L So we will have 10.23 on under 15.25 @ 13/8 9.77 on 15.25 to 21.25 @ 7/4 R.O.I is 34.30% amounts to 6.86

Re: Dutching the distance's. Chester willhill and coral have 11L to 16L stan james have 12.5L to 16 .25L Odds are slightly better with willhill so I will do 11L to 16L @ 6/4 for 10.70 and over 16 @ 15/8 for 9.30 R.O.I is 33.72% amounts to 6.74

Re: Dutching the distance's. York looking good,with one race to go.:hope Chester I think will be down unless the last wins by 6L, never does when you need it in a handicap. but last week it happen twice to go against me.:hope

Well after having a good study I am decided to do the 2 meetings of york and chester. But firstly I must say that i have never put up a starting bank. I would almost certainly have only started with 100 points. As i would have expected to be winning pretty quickly with this, but that has not happened. So with that in mind I now have a bank of 60pts. On to today. York is with will hill 14L to 20L Coral have 13.5L to 19.5L and stan James have 15.25L to 21.25L So we will have 10.23 on under 15.25 @ 13/8 9.77 on 15.25 to 21.25 @ 7/4 R.O.I is 34.30% amounts to 6.86
Only winner today.:clap

Going on to Hamilton tonight. Best Place for tonight is with willhill 11L to 16L So under 11L @ 13/8 for 13.10 and 11L to 16L @ 6/4 for 13.76 R.O.I 28.05% amounts to 7.53
:clap :clap winner, Earlier on today I wanted 6L in a Handicap, tonight i wanted less than 9L in the last. but amazingly the last 2 handicaps were won by 5l and 7L, amazing how horse distances perform

Re: Dutching the distance's. Todays selection will be perth And Stan James offer 22L to 35L others are 24L and 25L start to 35L and 36L so bets will be 16.80 @7/4 22L to 35L with Stan James and 17.59 @13/8 over 35L with Stan James R.O.I is 34.30% which amounts to 11.80