Newmarket (July) 30/6/07

3.35 Major Cadeaux Wanted to back it at Ascot, but back now and conditions seem just about right. Tough race to win for a 3yr old but has all the minerals and I hope it romps home tomorrow. 4.10 Kings Bastion EW Back to preferred 6f where was runner up 3 runs ago in a class 4. Fairly weak race and seems to be some value here in an average horse. :hope

Re: Newmarket (July) 30/6/07 Right lads, first time in a while I've had a chance to sit down and go through a card in some detail...... here are my selections - good luck all! :hope 14.35 Newmarket – Loch Jipp (E/W)

For my money, the class horse of the race. Unfortunately she suffers from inconsistency. Didn’t disgrace itself last time out at Ascot and should come into this race in decent shape. Takes top weight this afternoon which may be a problem, but on her day should be in contention. Price looks far too high IMHO.

14.35 Newmarket – Presto Levanter (E/W)

Very impressive winner last time, albeit a much lower grade. However, this win came on soft ground and I’m reading “quickened” within its race notes. Steps up to 6f this afternoon, and as it’s usually a strong finisher, she should find herself in amongst it… ---------------------------------------------------

15.00 Newmarket – Munsef (WIN)

With take off with rubbish price, but this horse is a worthy favourite. Won over this distance last time, although the win came in an easier race, it was manner of the win that was impressive. Has a bit of winning form over this trip and class last season and has been growing in strength this season. Today could be the big one.

15.00 Newmarket – Grand Passion (E/W)

Has three second place runs in the top class to its credit already this season, however these came over a shorter distance…. 1m2f. Has a history of weakening late on in races, but looks to have gained in strength this year. Needs a good start. ----------------------------------------------------

15.35 Newmarket – Munaddam (WIN)

An absolute corker of a race here….. I list 5 cracking horses who could take this one, Dunelight, Mine, Munaddam, Bahia Breeze and Major Cadeaux. I’m backing Munaddam here though, great form this year – 1121 and trip won’t be a problem.

15.35 Newmarket – Bahia Breeze (E/W)

Taking this horse as the outsider, as its shown a bit of form in the past on soft, good to soft….. Looked in very good nick at Epsom at the beginning of the month, chasing Echelon all the way. Has run two very strong races thus far this year – will need something extra today if its going to win.

---------------------------------------------------

16.10 Newmarket – Big Noise (WIN)

Current favourite Beeeater hasn’t proved anything yet, despite a good win last time out in its maiden and the horse mighten like todays conditions. Big Noise however, has some form in a group 4, finishing a narrow 2nd last time over todays distance. I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t in the mix.

----------------------------------------------------

16.40 Newmarket – World Spirit (WIN)

Like Froisee, this horse gets away with very small weight despite its cracking recent form. All this horses form has come in the lower grades, however, there is nothing to suggest it won’t handle the step up this afternoon. Won with real style last time out taking the lead with a furlong left and burning off it opponents late on.

16.40 Newmarket – Lavenham (E/W)

Has had an extremely good June and looks to have run into a bit form. Has finished extremely strongly on the last two occasions, that last of those coming on good to soft ground. Should have the form and strength to find itself there or thereabouts when the places are being handed out. ---------------------------------------------------

17.10 Newmarket - Vegas Boys (E/W)

This doesn’t look a particularly strong race to be honest, and despite the fact Vegas Boys carries top weight, it’ll still be hard to beat. The only other opposition I can find are Quantum leap and out for a stroll, however none really convince me. Vegas Boys rarely finishes out side the places at this sort of level and indeed it hasn’t done this year. If it wasn’t for the big weight, I’d call this one a cast iron E/W shot…… Take this horse each way, as long as the price isn’t too short…. At 6/1 it’d be a fairly safe E/W to nothing bet.

Re: Newmarket (July) 30/6/07 Nice write up sonoftherock :ok It is very rewarding to sit down for a couple of hours and analysis a meeting then sit back and see your selections perform well (fingers crossed!). 13:35 - Gheto (7/1) Impressive debut over 6f. Came home 4th out of 11 on gd / firm ground. Kept on as if todays 7f would suit. Down in class today and the the on-form Hughes doing the steering pretty confident of a place at least. 14:25 - Cake (7/2) I fancied Cake to take the Queen Mary stakes at Ascot last week and was not disappointed by the effort. 5th from 21 that time (1l back) in the obviously hot class 1 over the minimum trip. Heavier ground and the step up to 6f may be the key that umlocks the entry to the winners enclosure today. Good luck, Haitch

Re: Newmarket (July) 30/6/07 Newmarket 1:50 ... Prince Desire ...E/W @ 14/1 Stonking value for a Hills/Hills combo - 2nd time out and far from out of it on it's first run 9th but beaten only 6 lengths over 6f and with 7f this time looks better suited ... should place at a nice price.

Re: Newmarket (July) 30/6/07 Froissee 4.40 Newmarket Was up 6lb at Pontefract after destroying the Yarmouth field by 11 lengths and had Jimmy Fortune on board. I was worried about 2 out when it was stuck behind a wall of horses but needn't be as it got the gap and flew home. Looked like the only progressive horse in that field and although up in class and weight it has a fine chance to get the hat trick. Very good 5lb claimer William Buick claims back 5lb of the extra 6lb it is raised. Still looked to have something in hand last time and loves the soft ground.

Re: Newmarket (July) 30/6/07 Cheers Haitch.... nice winner with Ghetto! Loch Jipp is an N/R in the 14.25..... I also had Cake shortlisted for that race - its got a big chance I reckon! Liberty Belle could also be big value in that race @ 15.00 - providing it handle the ground... and thats a big IF!

Re: Newmarket (July) 30/6/07

13:35 - Gheto (7/1) Impressive debut over 6f. Came home 4th out of 11 on gd / firm ground. Kept on as if todays 7f would suit. Down in class today and the the on-form Hughes doing the steering pretty confident of a place at least.
Well done Haitch, 100/30 winner:clap :clap

14.35 NewmarketLoch Jipp (E/W)

For my money, the class horse of the race. Unfortunately she suffers from inconsistency. Didn’t disgrace itself last time out at Ascot and should come into this race in decent shape. Takes top weight this afternoon which may be a problem, but on her day should be in contention. Price looks far too high IMHO.

14.35 NewmarketPresto Levanter (E/W)

Very impressive winner last time, albeit a much lower grade. However, this win came on soft ground and I’m reading “quickened” within its race notes. Steps up to 6f this afternoon, and as it’s usually a strong finisher, she should find herself in amongst it…
Both Non Runners!

3.35 Major Cadeaux Wanted to back it at Ascot, but back now and conditions seem just about right. Tough race to win for a 3yr old but has all the minerals and I hope it romps home tomorrow. 4.10 Kings Bastion EW Back to preferred 6f where was runner up 3 runs ago in a class 4. Fairly weak race and seems to be some value here in an average horse. :hope
Both beaten in photos :wall But little place money on Kings Bastion