** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Martingale Madness.............

aldric

I have suffered from a huge lack of discipline recently which has had a massive dent in my 'betting' bank balance. I created a thread a few months back which was based on Martingale staking with a few twists: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42007 I started with £300 and more than doubled the bank before giving some back. Again I lost a bit of discipline with that system which tried to gain big profits in a short space of time. So, what this time? A similar martingale strategy, however with a more sensible (martingale sensible? NEVER!?) and disciplined approach (I hope!) Rules: Starting Bank £100 (real money) 1) There is no need to rush so, first bet to be 2.5% of the bank (£2.50) until (hopefully) the bank doubles to £200. 2) If the first bet loses the 2nd bet will be placed to recoup the loss, however not to make a profit. 3) If the 2nd bet loses the 3rd bet will be placed to recoup the loss of the first 2 bets. eg a losing betting sequence will be, £2.50, £2.50, £5, £10, £20, £40 so I can have a maximum of 6 losses in a row, very possible! The above example is assuming the odds are evens. 3) Bets will mostly be placed on events where there are only 2 outcomes, such as Baseball, tennis or football over / under etc. 4) Bets will be placed with bwin (until I manage to withdraw some money out of there) Hopefully the above makes sense, I know it isn't a sensible approach, however I enjoyed this the last time I tried it and its only 100 quid :ok

Re: Martingale Madness.............

I practise Martingale as well, there isn't a foolproof system in the world so far... Hence just know when to stop, Aldric... Best of luck!
Thanks, Its just a bit of fun.... hopefully keep me entertained for a while ;)

Re: Martingale Madness............. I am not sure what is going to happen with bet 6 due to the continual rain, Jankovic was losing 5-0 and got it back to 5-4 before rain stopped play about 4 hours ago! Bet 7 Baseball Philadelphia v St Louis OVER 9.5 £3.00 @ 1.91 to win £2.73

Bet 6 Tennis WTA Jankovic v Chakvetadze Jankovic to win 2-0 £2.50 @ 1.90 to win £2.25
LOSER - Jankovic lost the first set 7-6 :wall Bets: 6 Won: 2 Lost: 4 Profit / Loss: -.43 Bank 99.43

I am not sure what is going to happen with bet 6 due to the continual rain, Jankovic was losing 5-0 and got it back to 5-4 before rain stopped play about 4 hours ago! Bet 7 Baseball Philadelphia v St Louis OVER 9.5 £3.00 @ 1.91 to win £2.73
WINNER - 11 runs scored :ok Bets: 7 Won: 3 Lost: 4 Profit / Loss: 2.16 Bank 102.16

Re: Martingale Madness............. Bet 7 looks like a loser, only 2-1 bottom of 7th. I am going to change the strategy slighty and aim to gain a massive £1.25 profit when chasing a loss. I should still have 6 chances to win before the bank runs out. Bet 8 Baseball NYY v San Francisco OVER 9 £4.52 @ 1.83 to win £3.75

first post so obviously very naive' date=' what if you only bet on 2/1 and above favs, i ve done no research into this and i admit some will suggest i should be shot out of hand for suggesting this! like i say i m a newbie to the concept of systems.:spank[/quote'] :welcome Well, to be honest this is just a bit of fun as the martingale strategy will always end in tears eventually!! In terms of betting on 2/1 and above favourites that will mean betting on events which have more than 2 results. I believe this 'fun' will last longer if I select bets which have only 2 outcomes and the draw etc doesn't come in to play. Does that make sense?

Bet 8 Baseball Cleveland v Washington OVER 10 £2.50 @ 2.00 to win £2.50
LOSER - 4 runs :wall
Bet 9 Baseball NYY v San Francisco OVER 9 £4.52 @ 1.83 to win £3.75
PUSH - 9 runs scored. Bets: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 5 Push: 1 Profit / Loss: -0.34 Bank 99.66

Re: Martingale Madness............. sorry i should of mentioned on the horses, without trying to hijack your thread i did it tonight on the evenings meet so far my next bet will be £256! and i ve already wagered £255 still quids in when the fav comes in! If only i was using real money. Good luck:clap

Bet 10 Baseball St Louis v NYM OVER 9 £4.52 @ 1.83 to win £3.75
LOSER - 3 runs scored :wall (lowest scoring match of the night!) Bets: 10 Won: 3 Lost: 6 Push: 1 Profit / Loss: -4.86 Bank 95.14

Re: Martingale Madness............. Bet 11 Tennis Henman v Moya MOYA £8.70 @ 1.95 to win £8.27 This match was held over from yesterday and it is 5-5 in the decider. Henman had 4 match points yesterday and will have had all night to think about how he failed to take any of them. I just cant put my money on Henman, he has only won twice this year.....

Bet 11 Tennis Henman v Moya MOYA £8.70 @ 1.95 to win £8.27
LOSER - HENMAN WON 13-11 :wall Bets: 11 Won: 3 Lost: 7 Push: 1 Profit / Loss: -13.09 Bank 86.91 What a pathetic strike rate.............

Bet 12 Cricket - Twenty20 cup Kent v Sussex KENT £25.00 @ 1.80 to win £20.00
LOSER - SUSSEX win with almost 3 overs to spare. :wall Mainly due to this guy:
Runs Balls 4s 6s
Wright b Arafat103 45116
No more bets for me, I give up - lol.