Royal Rumble

I thought I'd make an effort and post today as I'm off work, not that it will be worth the effort I'm sure! The most interesting thing about the first race on the card for me is the fact Henrythenavigator is 2/1 and Pencil Hill is 7's. If the two runners in question were from the other one's yard I'm sure the prices would be the other way round as well. Particularly impressive in a fast time at the Curragh, I think Pencil Hill will take a lot of beating here. Everything will be crossed for Pivotal Point but I'd be hopeful rather than confident of a big run where he is concerned. The one I like a lot is the filly Enticing. Ok, it was only a Listed race she won last time at Bath but it was the manner in which she did it that really took my eye. The ground was a concern but it's been fairly dry here for the last 24 hours, the sun is out and Spencer can often give that extra bit of magic in this type of race (ok, I know he can also do the exact opposite!) Hard to pick any holes in Cockney Rebel, the price is about right. If he hit 7/4 I’d be tempted into a bet. I was struggling to make a case for any of the outsiders but I would say Astronomer Royal at double the price of Excellent Art may be worth a small interest. Excellent Art was unlucky in running last time but nearly 3 lengths worth of bad luck, I’m not so sure. Cesare looked an improved performer over course and distance last time and is certainly value at 5/1 with the question marks surrounding George Washington. I had a long peruse over Racinger and Turtle Bowl but their best form appears to be with a lot more cut in the ground. Again I think the ground will be ok for Enjoy The Moment. Very much suited by the step up in trip at Chester and with the 2nd best jockey in the business on board ;0) The same tactics can be employed and he can come through and pick them off late. I still believe Kasthari retains some abilty and if Holland can get the old boy settled early on, he may be able to sneak into a place at big odds. Just two rides today for Seb and in all honesty, this looks like his best chance of the two. Although a beaten favourite at Leicester last month, that has turned out to be quite a hot race and if you consider Hatta Fort finished fifth there and is vying for favourtism today while Western Art is 14/1, I know where my money is going.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.