Tennis 11-17 June

ATP Gerry Weber Open halle07_90x88.jpg Place: Halle, Germany Date: June 11-17, 2007 Draw Size: 32 Surface: Grass Oficial website The Artois Championships artoischamps_150x100.gif Place: London, England Date: June 11-17, 2007 Draw Size: 56 Surface: Grass Oficial website WTA Barcelona KIA barcelona.jpg Barcelona, Spain June 11-17, 2007 Tier IV Draw: 32M/32Q/16D Surface: Red Clay/Outdoors Oficial website DFS Classic birmingham.jpg Birmingham, England June 11-17, 2007 Tier III Draw: 56M/32Q/16D Surface: Grass/Outdoors Oficial website

Re: Tennis 11-17 June The Stella Artois Championships kick off today in the warm up to Wimbledon in 2weeks time. I like the look of Ginepri, Bjorkman, Johansson in a treble today. Ginepri at odds of 1/5 arent great but up against 172nd in the world Briton Ricky Bloomfield. Johannson plays 18yr old Argie Del Porto and should be much too experienced and savvy for his younger opponent. Anyone have any thoughts on todays matches?

Re: Tennis 11-17 June IMO there is standout bet tomorrow should win. KARLOVIC to beat Fish 1.50 Betfred Karlovic leads H2H 3-1. An amazing 7 tiebreaks in all those meetings together and Karlovic has won all seven (he is a tiebreak king, lets admit it!) and espically on grass where his serve is so fast, very hard to return with, he is runner up at this tournament in 2005 before losing to Roddick, he likes it here. Had good run to final last week in Surbiton but that was very poor tournament, his concentration will be much better here. Match scheduled for Tuesday. Good luck all.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June Mardy fish is seeded 9th here. His ranking in the world is 31. Karlovic is unseeded and his world ranking is 78. How come the bookies have Karlovic as the odds on favourite????? Am i missing something here. I know he's a big serve but obviously Fish is a bloody handy player isnt he?

Re: Tennis 11-17 June I know henmans had a bad year, but at 1.25 to beat cilic in the first round looks a good bet. Does anyone had any opinions. I believe Henman will have the crowd behind him and with his game ideal for grass he will surely be looking to put a good run together on the surface before Wimbledon starts. Also, Nalbandian at the poor odds of 1.17 will be way too good for Gicquel.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June I've decided to take Roddick in a single against Stepanek tomorrow also, odds of 1/4 available in Coral. Roddick will really be looking forward to Wimbledon. He has won the title at Queens in 2005, 2004 and 2003. He enjoys playing here. Stepanek is a big player and he has pushed Roddick before but Roddick should be too strong for him here. Any opinions folks?

Re: Tennis 11-17 June Hi guys, following picks for today: ATP TOUR, STELLA ARTOIS MELZER TO D DAVYDENKO @ 1.9 at pinnacle TSONGA TO D PLESS @ 1.4 at interwetten KUZNETSOV TO D NIELSEN @ 1.53 at paddypower Davydenko just can’t play on grass – last year he lost all 3 grass court matches without any fight and this season he even thought of skipping the grass court season. Melzer is an accomplished grass court player with much better serve-and-volley skills. The two played on clay twice with Davydenko winning two close 3 set matches. On grass, Melzer should be a favorite. Tsonga, who many said is the most talented French players of the last years, struggled with injuries but he has a much more improved 2007. He already won 4 Challengers including grass court Challenger in Surbiton last week defeating Karlovic in the final. With 5 winning matches on grass anybody has an advantage over somebody who is not at his best on fast surfaces as Pless is. In the match-up between 2 qualifiers Kuznetsov, who is a former junior number 1, is simply a better overall player – more talented, much higher ranked (122 to 324), has good serve and has much better baseline game.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June I'm trying to find information on Radek Stepanek, Andy Roddicks opponent today at Queens in the second round. It seems to be the battle of the big serves. Roddick apparently didnt play well in Surbition last week, he only played the doubles. Turned up 30mins before the match and lost. Is Stepanek a good player? I think he made the quarter finals a Wimbledon 2years ago. With Roddicks record at Queens you'd imagine he will be too strong for his opponent. Although is Roddick in the right frame of mind???

Re: Tennis 11-17 June Here are a few of my tips for the day...

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Henman vs Cillic
Selection Henman
Strength 10/10
Date 12/06/2007
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.20 (Back)
Reasoning Henman had a disappionting Clay court season, but he can definatly bounce back here and progress far in this tournament. I dont know much about Cillic and he is a wildcard entry to the tournament, but I feel that Grass is Henmans bets surface and he will have a chance against anyone. I think he will find some much needed form before Wimbledon and realise this will be one of his last chances to make a lasting impression upon the tournament, with his retirement edging ever closer.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Gulbis vs Kendrick
Selection Gulbis
Strength 5/10
Date 12/06/2007
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning I think Gulbis is a good player and he showed this in his brief stint in the French Open where he comprehensivly beat Henman is straight sets. Because of this, I think odds of 2.50 to beat an on and off player in Robert Kendrick are good value. They have not played each other before and Gulbis is 5 places above Kendrick in the ATPtour rankings.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event F Dancevic vs S Roitman
Selection Roitman
Strength 10/10
Date 12/06/2007
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning Despite Roitman being ranked 41 places above Dancevic, he is a big outsider for the match, something I don't really understand. They are both mainly challenger event players, but Roitman has proceeded furthur in the top tour events getting to the Vina del Mar Quarters and also he has won a challenger event. Whereas Dancevic has yet to make an impression on the top tour and has not even won a challenger, only getting to the final in Bermuda, a strange price, thats why I am backing Roitman to win.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Tsonga vs Pless
Selection Pless
Strength 10/10
Date 12/06/2007
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning Pless is a decent player and progressed through well at the French Open until being beaten by a seed (Marcos Bagdatis). I think he is no pushover and he can be a tricky customer for anyone. And, he is also ranked over 30 places higher than Tsonga, which makes this another strange bet. I think this will be a win for Pless as he is much more experienced and has the serve which can upset Tsonga - a player which I don't know much about

Re: Tennis 11-17 June He compares results on clay, RG when they don't mean much on this new surface, I think Pless doesn't stand a chance agaisnt Tsonga , who just won a challenger tournament on Grass, 10/10 stake? no way mate Gulbis never played on grass, anda I mean never 0/0 while Kendrick already had some matches on grass not long ago.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June Yeah, I do have realised the grass season has started. I bets werent that bad on grass are they :cry. lol O, sorry if that was confusing, on sports punter the strength relays to how much is staked for profit. I don't actually think these are 'dead certs' to win, but that they are worth a punt at the price. Obviously, no bet is certain to win - 10/10. As we have just seen - I think Tsonga has beaten Pless and Gulbis has lost a tight one to Kendrick on 2 tie breaks.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June Henman seems to have left a number of people down today. I was on Riddick mainly and he came through a tough match 6-4 6-4. His service game was simply awesome. Tomorrow matches here are my picks. I fancy Bogdanovic to get the better of Baker in the battle of the British wildcards. Bogdanovic is 100places odd higher in the rankings and is rank 3rd British player. His odds are 1.33 are present and I feel he will win the match. Djokovic will win against Kendrick who came through a very tough match today. Djokovic serve will be unstoppable if he gets it going. Odds of 1.17 are low however, they can be added to others to make a good double perhaps. A match that I feel offers good value is Nadal versus Del Potro. Nadal is in most bookies at 1.25 however the exchanges have him trading at 1.40. Nadal has rented a house close to Queens and has been practising very hard since arriving. He wants to get used to the faster surface that is grass. He sees this as helping him in his bid to challenge Federer in Wimbledon next month. Nadal played Del Potro in Paris 2 weeks ago and won in straight sets. He also played him on hard court in America and won in straight sets. Nadal is buzzing i'd imagine after Roland Garros, while 18yr old Del Potro I simply cannot see him stopping the wily skillful Nadal. To be honest I only expected the exchanges to trade around 1.27 mark with the bookies at 1.22. The exchanges at 1.40 should be snapped up. My last tip is a no brainer. Hewitt to beat Tsonga at 1.15. Poor odds I know but this one should be safe in straight sets. Tsonga hasnt won a ranking event match this year. He plays mainly in the Challenge events in which he's won 29 outta the last 30matches. He has also won his last 9 matches on grass, however his opponents havent been top ranking players. Hewitt has won in Queens in 2000, 2001 and 2002. He also won for a fourth time last year. No player in the history of Queens has won the tournament 5times. Hewitt is in with a chance. With only one defeat on the challenger circuit since March, Tsonga is an up and coming player from France. However, his ranking remains at 121st. In March his ranking was 214th. The gulf in class should show here. Hewitt to win in straight sets would be my guess. Therefore, in conclusion: Bogdanovic in straight sets against Baker Djokovic to win against Kendrick @ 1.17 Nadal to win against Del Porto @ 1.40 Hewitt to win in straight sets against Tsonga @ 1.56

Re: Tennis 11-17 June NADAL to beat Del Potro @ 1.41 Betfair Nadal does not lose 1st match in tournament & the odds here look generous. Nadal leads head to head 2-0, both matches this year in straight sets. Del Potro best performance against Nadal in a set is 7-5 which he lost. Del Potro was visually impressive Monday against Johansson but the swede is on decline, Nadal should have too much class here.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June Safin - grosjean 1 2.1 I can't see why Grosjean is favourite in this match. Safin is ofc very unstabil, but he has a good serve and he hit the ball very hard and flat, which is good on grass. Grosjean is a fast player and can play on most surfaces, and he has a fast forehand. I think Safins better serve can make the different in this game, so I think the odds is very good on Safin today.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June Very interesting match today between Hewitt and Tsonga. The first will have his first appearance on grass this year, although it is one of his favourites surfaces (9-1 last year). He is the former champion here in London, so he must have a strong motivation to advance. Otoh, Tsonga comes after a remarkable streak of wins, 24!, with only one loss between. He has won 4 challengers last of them on grass after defeating Karlovic in final in straight sets. His last win over Pless (7-6, 6-0) recommends him as a very tough nut to crack. I think that Hewitt will win this, but not an easy game for him. However, my opinion is that 1.20 is quite low.

Re: Tennis 11-17 June J.Nieminen - Gicquel i watched nieminen match yesterday and bet on pavel, and match was very closed nieminen played bad really bad but pavel couldnt run,he is totaly out of form and still nieminen struggeld on the other side gicquel beated two favorites and cant see reason why is nieminen favorite in this one gicquel to win 2,25

Re: Tennis 11-17 June KARLOVIC to beat Clement @ 1.40 Paddy Power Last match on main court today. Head to head tied at 1-1 but Karlovic is in better form at moment. Beat two seeds, Fish & Safin both in straight sets and his serve is fully effective on this surface, very hard to break when in good form which he has been in this week. has won all three tiebreaks here this tournament/ Clement is not in good form, Djokovic strugged against Kendrick and possibly Clements earlier win today flattered him as when Djovicic is in best form he would have won that. Clement had to play that match today (not sure how much of it) so must have taken bit of fitness out of him wheras Karlovic got fresh legs.