Womens Poker Tour Courtesy of BetFred

Valiant23

http://www.womenspokertour.co.uk/
Here you will find all the information you need on the UK's first ever female poker tour, including venue details, news, results and reports, leaderboards and photographs from all six events and the live TV final. We are looking for the UK's top female poker player and are offering a £20,000 sponsorship package for 2008 to the winner. Tour dates:

For more information contact us at [email protected]

Online qualifiers will be running soon or are running now?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Womens Poker Tour Courtesy of BetFred So are Betfred saying that women are inferior and not able to compete with men at poker? Only reason I can see for them to have their own tourney!! (I know we've had the conversation before, but I really hate it!!! Women are more than capable of playing poker with men, so why get sexist about it and ban half the population from their tourney? When's the mens only event? Can you imagine the uproar?)

Re: Womens Poker Tour Courtesy of BetFred :( oh dear, my obviously not so humourous quip was supposed to mean that although the women may play fewer games they may not be lesser ones in quality, thus justifying the equal pay. :eyes (although actually I tend to agree the prize -at Wimbledon - should be smaller than the men's.) ...and now i'm off to watch Balderdash & Piffle, presented by the lovely, and fabulously talented female poker player, Vicky Coren.

Re: Womens Poker Tour Courtesy of BetFred

So are Betfred saying that women are inferior and not able to compete with men at poker? Only reason I can see for them to have their own tourney!! (I know we've had the conversation before' date=' but I really hate it!!! Women are more than capable of playing poker with men, so why get sexist about it and ban half the population from their tourney? When's the mens only event? Can you imagine the uproar?)[/quote'] Is it any different from UK-Island-People-Notbeingeuropean tournies???? ;) :tongue2 I agree... we don't need our own leagues.... maybe men do, but not us! :cheers

I agree... we don't need our own leagues.... maybe men do, but not us! :cheers
We do have our own leagues sweety-pie. If you could come out of the kitchen for 5 minutes and ask your Husband to work your computer for you, you'd find out about them. ;) Of course it would take a long time for him to explain it all, but part of being a good Husband is taking some time out of their hectic life styles to help those not fortunate to be born male.

Re: Womens Poker Tour Courtesy of BetFred Another forum says, women only can enter these satellites, yet last night there were apparently 10 registered 7 of whom were male? and the owner of the forum won it "male btw", how is he going to play, when the sat seats are sold as non transferable? FCKN joke if you ask me.

We do have our own leagues sweety-pie. If you could come out of the kitchen for 5 minutes and ask your Husband to work your computer for you, you'd find out about them. ;) Of course it would take a long time for him to explain it all, but part of being a good Husband is taking some time out of their hectic life styles to help those not fortunate to be born male.
Another one here who needs rescuing :dude You know, I am glad you have Sam to help you through these difficult times of delirium :D May God help you see things clearer one day my beloved friend :hope My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Womens Poker Tour Courtesy of BetFred Betfred Poker is proud to announce the inaugural Betfred Women’s Poker Tour. Online satellites are open to both male & female players, with the option to transfer ‘Live’ main event seats to the woman of your choice. The eventual BWPT Champion will receive a £20,000 sponsored package Come on guys lets win the girls a seat. :loon I'm now called stagderek, if any of the girls ask. :rollin

• 4 weeks later...

71 runners ( now down to 69 ) started at 3.30 first prize is £2.5K, I think the major name in the tourney is Lucy Rokach.
I can see why that may be a problem!!! :loon She's quite good, probably good enough to play in a Mens game - don't know why she's taken herself down to that level :tongue2 :moon :moon :moon