Rugby League: Super League - Round 14

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 14 I was wondering when you guys were going to start up,MASSIVE weekend of Super League,fantastic round,Giants/Bulls,Wovles/Quins,Hull/Leeds,very intrested to see your guys opinions over the weekend. At present I think the Giants are looking rather good with a full squad and the Bulls having no Hape and Cooke,Harlequins did look good,untill I saw no Paul or Hill,but i'm sure yoiu guys will have opinions on that.And I actually fancy Salford with the start and Hull to get very close the Leeds,if not get a bit of an upset,but i'll stay tuned for your guys words of wisdom. Good Luck for what looks to be a very intresting round in the SuperLeague.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 14 No much to get excited about but id take the obvious bet again. Salford to lose by more than 10. Dragons dont exactly hand out thrashings all the time but they are very strong at home as Leeds and Huddersfield have found. Catalans are quite strong up the centre of the ruck and thats where Salfords problems are, as long as they can turn it into points.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 14

Well done Alan! and also RL for Quins. I was'nt on either so that's probably the reason they came in ;)
Cheers mate, only had 1pts on Quins today....was put off going any bigger because of the better and from what I read.....unlike me that.

Geez,I love comming here,everyones so friendly and answers questions. Or maybe NOT.
Sorry Jumbo mate....had a mad busy weekend, but all is good ;) Not looked too much at tomorrow's game, but it seems to be one where I might just fancy the underdogs. Will have a look tomorrow but apologies for the lack of response this weekend....if you knew why, you would fully understand! BTW - Harlequins +14pts was a crazy handicap, I had it down as a +6/8pts.....what had Warrington done to deserve such a handicap? Lost four games on the bounce and then beat bottom side Salford on a massive pitch, big wow! Kicking myself now....still can't grumble (Pays for one night in Berlin ;))

Geez,I love comming here,everyones so friendly and answers questions. Or maybe NOT.
Cut the attitude Jumbo. It's 11pm Saturday night over here, and you give no more than an hour for your question to be answered. It doesn't take a genius to work out there might not be anyone around to answer your question.

Sorry Jumbo mate....had a mad busy weekend, but all is good ;) Not looked too much at tomorrow's game, but it seems to be one where I might just fancy the underdogs. Will have a look tomorrow but apologies for the lack of response this weekend....if you knew why, you would fully understand! BTW - Harlequins +14pts was a crazy handicap, I had it down as a +6/8pts.....what had Warrington done to deserve such a handicap? Lost four games on the bounce and then beat bottom side Salford on a massive pitch, big wow! Kicking myself now....still can't grumble (Pays for one night in Berlin ;))
Nice work mate. That was a decent win for us tonight without Paul and Hill. Danny Orr was superb, definitely his best game for us and maybe his best for a good while. Macca's got us ticking along nicely especially away from home. Hopefully we can keep it going and make the playoffs :hope

11pm or not,I have asked a number of questons on here and never got a response,only from Punto83 and Rugby Lad,thank you to those two,But Partridge means profit was here when I asked as he has been on other occasions and has never even said a word. If I have an attitude in your opinion and I do,but for me it's a respect thing,not attitude,I respect all TIPSTERS on here,but find it annoying when people just plain don't answer,at least I give people the respect of a response,whether I know them or not.
I've gotta say Jumbo how on earth can you possibly expect to get a reply within 53 minutes of posting up?? This is the other sports forum, lively but hardly that active, expecially when you consider that it's about midnight here in Europe. To give 53 mins in any thread for a reply is absolutely farcical IMO. As for the attitude, well I dont like to see criticism of good posters on this forum. If people cant answer then they cant answer, not everyone has their eyes glue to a screen for 24 hours lol. It may also be worth considering that some people might not want to respond for whatever reason, I hardly blame them when i see this sort of sillyness.............

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 14 Jumbo mate, it's not a case of us leaving us alone, keep posting. There have been many times where I have asked a question or posted up thoughts on a selection and have got no response. Don't take it personally or anything, I don't :lol Unfortunately there are not that many people who take interst in Rugby League for betting purposes on this forum. It's slowly building and we've got to be patient. I don't what it is like "Down Under" but predominately Rugby League betting is not popular in Europe as there is so many sports. As you will know, Rugby League is played generally in the North and I would say many of the people who do like the odd flutter on the handicap go into their betting shops personally and even then it will be vey small stakes just for a bit of interest in either a game they are going or TV game to add a bit of interest. It's a different culture mate, I'm sure Rugbylad would back me up on that and knows exactly what I mean about the "typical RL fan" There are very few "big hitters" in the world of RL betting, I know a couple but they are few and fair between. Just look at the liquidity on betfair on Super League games and National Leagues over here, it's virtually non existant isn't it? Rugbylad does an excellent job getting the weekly thread going but they are less than a dozen of us ( I would say) who are active on the RL threads. Keep posting mate, one thing is for certain Punters Lounge is not "cliquey" and the same goes for Rugby League threads. I know it's frustrating but if questions aren't answered it's not intentional or personal. Keep in there mate :ok Sorry for the waffle :lol

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 14 Gateshead vs Featherstone Haven't posted any national league tips for while and very rarely do now for my own team featherstone :lol Featherstone have had a good 3 weeks and seem to be going in the right direction after a indifferent start to the season. Comprehensive wins against Blackpool and London were backed up against Hunslet last week where depsite terrential rain we beat them by 24 points (a try by them in the last 5 min buggered up the handicap of 28 :wall ). We had were down to 12 men for 65 minutes of the game also. Today we face Gateshead who have lost a couple of decent players compared to last year when they looked like an improving outfit. They lost their coach to Salford (I think) to do fitness work and was replaced by Dave "fatty" Woods. Woods coached Castleford when they were last in the national leagues in 2005 and went unbeaten throughout the season but he still lost his job when they got promoted. He is full time up there but recruitment is always hard for these guys. They rely heavily on imports of questionable ability. Their best player is probably half back Kevin Till, a 24 year old from Castleford. He was in my college and has played most of his rugby in the amateur leagues, he had a spell down at Fev but never progressed. He'll be up for it today but I think we'll have enough to beat -28 at Skybet. Gateshead have shipped a whopping 191 points in their last 3 games. Only one today and it just depends on how much. We have the same team out as last week apart from a new addition from Doncaster Lakers. Loz Wildbore has been one of the Doncaster's shining players (a league above Featherstone) but has been released due to Donny effectively going. He has good pedigree coming through the ranks at Hull. So... 0.5/1.0 pt on fev (-28) at Skybet is my tip:hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 14 For Dumbo. There are 2 reasons why i may not have answered you. 1 Last night i was not here, im always logged in, it does not mean im sitting here 24/7 waiting to see if theres a post on here. 2 If i didnt in the past, maybe i didnt have the answer. Would you prefer people to say, yeah fire all your cash on something that they dont even fancy themselves. Get over yerself.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 14 Hull FC v Leeds So much is in Leeds' favour today, so much so that it almost prompts one to take a contrarian bet on the game and back this season's underachievers. Last season's beaten Grand Finalists are currently 9th in Super League and with their playmaker (Cooke) jumping ship for the red half of Hull, play-off hopes are vanishing fast for the black and whites. They have the 2nd worst attack in the league another factor which won't be helped by Cooke's departure.....their defence is good but that doesn't win you games. Today they face an almost full strength Leeds side, who proudly sit top of the table. The dry weather conditions will favour the Rhinos as well as the large surface, the likes of Webb and McGuire are ideal players to pick gaps to run into. Not much else to say really....except people were saying exactly the same only a few weeks back when Saints travelled to the KC Stadium, and were turned over. Stranger things have happened in Rugby League and I wouldn't advise anybody to go in heavy on the Rhinos this afternoon. If I was to bet it would be Hull +8pts & Hull 2.87 to win the match, and perhaps unders on the points :ok Good luck folks....

Hull FC v Leeds So much is in Leeds' favour today, so much so that it almost prompts one to take a contrarian bet on the game and back this season's underachievers. Last season's beaten Grand Finalists are currently 9th in Super League and with their playmaker (Cooke) jumping ship for the red half of Hull, play-off hopes are vanishing fast for the black and whites. They have the 2nd worst attack in the league another factor which won't be helped by Cooke's departure.....their defence is good but that doesn't win you games. Today they face an almost full strength Leeds side, who proudly sit top of the table. The dry weather conditions will favour the Rhinos as well as the large surface, the likes of Webb and McGuire are ideal players to pick gaps to run into. Not much else to say really....except people were saying exactly the same only a few weeks back when Saints travelled to the KC Stadium, and were turned over. Stranger things have happened in Rugby League and I wouldn't advise anybody to go in heavy on the Rhinos this afternoon. If I was to bet it would be Hull +8pts & Hull 2.87 to win the match, and perhaps unders on the points :ok Good luck folks....
I was looking at Hull Myself. They haven't reached the heights of last season and if there to make any imression need to start winning soon, especially their home games. HUll with 8 looks pretty decent. Might double up with Fax who get 12/14 (depends who you bet with ) away to Whitehaven. Whitehaven are my home side and I very rarely bet against them but this looks a toughy. Fax always give us a close game and they've just added Holroyd to their side following his departure from Donny. His last game for Donny was actually against us and he kicked us all over the park that day. Haven also have 2 key players out plus 2 back from long term injury so there bound to be a bit rusty. Prediction......A close Whitehaven win by 4-6.:ok