** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5)

Wednesday 9 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
KooTeePee v AC Oulu (16:30 BST)2.383.403.40101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct Score1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Thursday 10 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
FC Inter v TPS (16:30 BST)2.703.302.89102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct Score1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
IFK Mariehamm v Haka (16:30 BST)2.823.352.78102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct Score1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
MyPa v Jaro (16:30 BST)1.664.006.50101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct Score1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Tampere United v Viikingit Hsk (16:30 BST)1.405.0011.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct Score1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Friday 11 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
FC Lahti v HJK Helsinki (16:30 BST)3.803.502.20101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct Score1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Vaasa v Honka Espoo (16:30 BST)3.603.552.25101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct Score1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Monday 14 May 2007
Viikingit Hsk v MyPa (17:00 BST)2.803.202.30111% Related markets...Match Result- - -Correct ScoreOver/Under

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) KooTeePee - AC Oulu under 2.5 goals @ 1.85 (Nordicbet) KooTeePee had a tough start to this season, two losses, but they met Tampere and HJK, so no shame in that really. They won last match vs Viikingit away, 1-0, scored the winning goal really late, nevertheless a good result and three well needed points gained. Newcomers Oulu have started good, although 1-1 ay home to Viikingit maybe a bit of a dissapontment, but 0-0 away to HJK and 2-0 at home to Inter must be considered great results. Imo opinion KooTeepee are a bit underrated, I rate them at about the same level as Oulu, so I expect this match to be a close one. After 1-3 vs HJK KooTeePee have been solid at the back, Tampere scored their winning 2nd goal in 78th minute, and they kept a clean sheet vs Viikingit. They have scored three goals from three matches, and that's where their weak spot is imo, I don't think they will start to score many goals all of a sudden, so if they want to keep out of the relegation zone this season they will have to stay solid in the defense. Viikingit kept a cleasn sheet vs HJK away and vs Inter at home, so I don't doubt their defensive abilities. I doubt that they will score easily in this one though, I expect a tough match with few scoring opportunities.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5)

FIN Veikkausliiga, Injuries, May 10 - 10.05.2007
IFK Mariehamn 24 VAJANNE Justus F ** INJURED questionable IFK Mariehamn 9 CARLSSON David F ** INJURED IFK Mariehamn 6 AHNSTRÖM Daniel M ** INJURED IFK Mariehamn 3 RIKAMA Patrik D * INJURED Haka 4 OKKONEN Jarkko D *** INJURED Haka 14 POPOVITS Valeri F ** INJURED doubt Haka 3 VILJANEN Petri D ** INJURED Inter Turku 8 TUMANTO Touko M ** INJURED Inter Turku 11 FURUHOLM Timo F * INJURED Inter Turku 30 SARPARANTA Iiro F - INJURED TPS 10 ADY M ** INJURED MyPa 13 KARHU Tero M ** INJURED MyPa 23 OKSANEN Ville M * OUT MyPa TANSKA Jani D * INJURED Jaro - Tampere Utd 30 NIEMI Jari F *** INJURED doubt Tampere Utd 6 KUOPPALA Jussi D ** INJURED Tampere Utd 11 SAVOLAINEN Jussi-Pekka M * INJURED Viikingit 3 JALAVA Petri D ** INJURED Viikingit 1 RAHKAMAA Mikko G ** INJURED Viikingit 20 MOLLBERG Janne F * INJURED Explanation of stars (*) after the player names. There are four different categories and they describe the importance of the player. Higher the importance, bigger the effect on estimations. *** = Irreplaceable Key Player, high importance ** = A starting XI player or an often used rotation player, medium importance * = Rotation player, small importance - = A youngster or a very rarely used player, no importance

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) TPS dnb @ 2.12 (Betdaq) This is a derbymatch and anything can happen, but i rate TPS as the sligtly better team, more solid in he defence and also more even, not so many results like Inter, who smashed VPS 5-0 and then lost to Oulu, 0-2. Inter are strong at home, but in this case the homeadvantage less important imo. TPS don't have the most powerful attack, but I hope and believe they can handle Inter's attacking and score a winning goal. IFK Mariehamm v Haka Under 2.5 goals @ 1.72 (Betfair) IFK have started with three draws from three matches, 0-0 twice and 1-1 away to Jaro last round. IFK are very toothless atm, imo they suffer a lot cause of attacker Carlsson's absence. Haka have started rather good, two wins and one loss, goal total 4-3. Today they will miss Viljnen and Okkononen, and Popovitch is questinable again. If Popovitch won't be able to play it's a huge loss for Haka, he is very important for their attacking. I think that midf. Fowler will play in the defence today cause of the missings, making Haka's midfield much weaker. Imo they will not create many chances vs IFK's solid defence, so under my bet. TOTTI : Good info, but It's really beyond me how Popovitch can be ranked as " ** = A starting XI player or an often used rotation player, medium importance"

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) Nice picks as usual G:G, you know I'm with you on TPS ;) In addition I can say that home advantage does not excist in this game, both teams play at home stadium Veritas. MIFK-Haka seems very probable under to me as well. Haka has some troubles with injuries, what gives MIFK an additional edge. I'm not good in judging odds on over/under, so I will not bet on this one. But as said, your chances to win are not bad at all imo! EDIT: Popovitch is Haka's most important player...

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) Soccer - Tampere/Viikingit - total Over 2½ (-139) for the regulation time held on May 10 at 10:30am [pending] V had a great road record last year in the Ykkonen, primarily because they played balls out, and Tampere has a tendency to win their games 2-1. It's a game I think could go either way with the handicap, but I'd be surprised if either team played tentatively...it's a chance for Tampere to solidify their high table position and a chance for V to assert itself. I think the V 3-2 win against Honka probably opened some eyes.

Nice picks as usual G:G, you know I'm with you on TPS ;) In addition I can say that home advantage does not excist in this game, both teams play at home stadium Veritas. MIFK-Haka seems very probable under to me as well. Haka has some troubles with injuries, what gives MIFK an additional edge. I'm not good in judging odds on over/under, so I will not bet on this one. But as said, your chances to win are not bad at all imo! EDIT: Popovitch is Haka's most important player...
Cheers, Peral ! Nice to see you here at PL, would appreciate some more punters who really know these leauges, like I know you do ;)

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) Lahti FC - HJK Helsinki Both teams coming of a road win, Lahti managed to win Haka (1-2) and HJK beat TPS (0-1). Don't know exactly what happened in that Haka-Lahti game but I think it was more of Haka's poornes on homefield rather than Lahti's excellence. TPS on the other hand is expected to be a very tough team this year but HJK did deserve to win the game (I watched most of it) although they scored the only goal from a penalty. Both teams missed a punch of excellent scoring chances (1on1, empty net etc.) but the finishing was very poor. So today I'm leaning to the fact that Lahti should be much easier opponent (on both ends of the field) than TPS and HJK should be able to continue producing many quality scoring chances which are destined to end on the scoreboard sometime :tongue2 So Lahti to lose it's second straight home game (lost the first 1-4 to poor Jaro) and HJK to continue it's excellent road performance (2/2 won atm). Notes: HJK has won the same matchup two years in a row HJK Helsinki @1.95 Best of luck to everyone :ok

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) Agree with FinlandiaFish (nice to see you back at PL!) on this one HJK -0.25 @ 1.85 (Expekt) HJK have been better on the road so far, 2/2 wins, while Lahti lost their only home match, 1-4 vs Jaro. I for one am impressed by HJK's win 1-0 away to TPS, it's not an easy match to get three points from, and even though 1-0 doesn't look like much it's a really good result. Lahti won 2-1 away to Haka last round, the gamewinning goal scored in 90th minute, a lucky goal thanks to Haka's gk in my book. I rate HJK the better team, Lahti can beat HJK on a good day, but they are not very solid and I favour HJK, although their somewhat toothless attacking lately worries me a bit.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) Honka -0.25 @ 1.98 (Betdaq) Honka have had a troublesome start of this season, only one win, in the first match vs MyPa, from three matches. I think they will get their act together soon, despite their injury problems, they have played well, but a mix of bad luck and defensive mistakes have brought them down. There's some talk about the fact that 1st gk Peltonen is injured, and that's a problem of course, but today Maanoja will be available, imo a positive change from last match when Vesterinen played. It's not exactly like VPS' attacking have been very sharp either, 1 goal from 3 matches. VPS are a tough team who play a simple kind of football, and they might be able to destroy Honka's attempts at playing their more creative football today, but I think and hope that Honka can handle this, as they did last season when they won 2-1 both at home and away.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) Finland Veikkaausliga: FC Lahti (+1 EH) v HJK Helsinki 2 @ 4.0 @ bet365 10 points

Lahti are hosting Helsinki for the third time in this season. The two previous games were in the Liiga Cup. In February Helsinki won by 3-1 but in March Helsinki lost by 1-0 and Lahti went on to win the Liiga Cup two weeks later. This time for the league match Helsinki will again look for a win and they will bank on their apparent good form to avenge the last defeat.

In three games Helsinki won two away games and at home drew one goalless against promoted but good AC Oulu. They have done better on their travels up to now and having that game in hand Helsinki are boosted to get win which will bring them to the top seat thanks to a better goal difference than current leaders Tampere United.

Lahti have been only average in their three league games with one heavy 4-1 defeat at home by Jaro, a goalless draw at Mariehamn and a 2-1 win on ex-leaders Haka last week. This last away win is commendable as it’s the only one of Haka who won their other three games. But against Helsinki today, matters will be different as Helsinki are rather consistent in their play and will play to win. I believe Helsinki much stronger than Lahti and can repeat the February 3-1 and beat the -1 EH. I would go for the away win here with the -1 EH @ 4.0 @ bet365 10 points.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) Soccer - Draw (Lahti vs Helsinki) - moneyline (+235) for the regulation time held on May 11 at 10:30am [pending] Soccer - Draw (VPS vs Honka) - moneyline (+230) for the regulation time held on May 11 at 10:30am [pending] Two beer money bets. Two favored road teams, but the line separating the teams is very narrow IMO, especially in these expected low-scoring games.

MyPa -0.25 @ 1.96 (Betdaq) Viikingit got a good start with a draw away to Oulu and a win at home to honka, but their true colours have begun to show now, they lost at home to KooTeePe 0-1 and then away to Tampere 0-1, in a match were they did their best to defend 0-0 and kept Tampere from scoring until the 81st minute. MyPa started with two losses, but then got 0-0 away to VPS and then won 2-0 at home to Jaro, making this match look like a match between two teams on their way in different directions in the leauge table. Imo MyPa must be considered the better team, and if they can handle Viikingit's very physical game, I think they will win this one.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliga (9 - 14/5) FIN Veikkausliiga > Injuries

FIN Veikkausliiga, Injuries, May 14 - 13.05.2007
Viikingit 1 RAHKAMAA Mikko G ** INJURED questionable Viikingit 20 MOLLBERG Janne F * INJURED questionable MyPa 17 KANGASKOLKKA Aleksei F ** INJURED MyPa 13 KARHU Tero M ** INJURED MyPa TANSKA Jani D * INJURED