** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague

Rome draw: http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/416/mds.pdf The surface at Rome is regarded as the fastest of the major clay court events and as such is Federer's best hope of getting that elusive clay court win over Nadal. He came close last year losing in 5th set tiebreak in a classic final after wasting a match point with a forehand that he would normally make 99 times out of 100. Nadal has looked completely unbeatable on clay this year and is best priced 1.62 (William Hill) with Federer at 4.5 (Stan James). It's hard to see any other final.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague these are mine toughts: murray-simon murray to win 1,4 great price imo,murrey is much better player and there should be no problem for him to win this one Safin - Delic 1,35 i really hope that safin will start play real tennis becouse he didnt do anything on last few tours and it is now time to prepair for rollan garrois Almagro - Henman 4,2 a little stake on this one cause henman is player who know how to play tennis and maybe he wants something on this tour,,that we just have to see

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague Blake vs Monflis BLAKE @ 1/2 Betfred Both players have been struggling for their best form this year but Monflis looks completley out of sorts as he has only done one worth of note this year and that is when he won a challenger tournament. He has the talent but on the main tour his best performance is last 16 this year, and he had to quit against Stephanek in Rome. Blake has won a tournament this year and made the semis on the green clay court event at Houston recently so at least he is showing some form.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague ***ROME SELECTIONS 08/05/07*** :cow:cow *** WARNING - THE FOLLOWING BETS MAY SERIOUSLY INCREASE YOUR WEALTH *** :cow :cow LAY SAFIN v DELIC@ 1.39 Ridiculous price for Safin tomorrow; Marat is a RACKET-SMASHING NUT-JOB :loon And at some point the HOT-HEADED Tatar will spit his dummy out :wall and trade nearer evens. LAY VOLANDRI v GABASHVILI@ 1.29 Gabash's form on paper doesn't represent that he's been playing some decent stuff recently, coupled with the fact that Volandri can be a MUG :\ at times, and shouldn't be anywhere near a 1/4 shot. BACK BLAKE v MONFILS@ 1.46 Blake can be an infuriating player to back at times :@ but anything above 1.2 is a gift against the Frenchman, who appears to have developed a taste for BAGELS in recent times :$ BACK BAGHDATIS v MOYA@ 2.80 Now, don't get me wrong, Baggy is a bit of a MUPPET :eyes on clay, but Carlos is showing his age a bit in recent weeks, so the Cypriot is a tentative selection at this price :hope BACK HAAS v STEPANEK@ 1.62 Any price like this is a decent bet for Tommy to beat the HAPLESS Mr. Hingis :unsure BACK FISH v GAUDIO@ 2.26 Gaston has an unnerving ability to throw away winning situations, and I'm taking MARDY Mardy to prevail over the Argentine. LAY BERDYCH v NIEMINEN@ 1.41 The Czech's has some good form under his belt, but I feel his price should be more in the region of 1.6-1.7. I've been quite impressed with Jarkko as well, and I'm backing the Finn :tongue2 BACK YOUZHNY v BENNETEAU@ 1.37 No words can describe how much of a class A MUG :\ Benneteau can be at times; and assuming Youzhny has no Munich hangover :beerhe should comfortably dispatch the Frenchman. GOOD LUCK :cheers

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague ***BERLIN SELECTIONS 08/05/07*** BACK DANIILIDOU v MULLER@ 1.91 One of the great mysteries in the world, is how on earth Muller is Number 39 in the world ( only 1 place behind the exceptionally talented Kirilenko :) :dude ) Muller's tiresome MOON-BALLS shouldn't be able to get the better of the experienced Greek. LAY DEMENTIEVA v SANTANGELO@ 1.64 Elena recently back from injury + her serving + on clay + talented Italian = 1st round exit. Back Mara and FILL YOUR WELLINGTONS :nana LAY SCHNYDER v VINCI@ 1.25 NO WAY is Patty a 1/4 shot here :eek BACK HANTUCHOVA v ONDRASKOVA@ 1.20 Daniela wins this one; nothing more to be seen here. There is NO WAY in a million years that the Czech can beat the SEXY SLOVAK :tongue2 :ok

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague Hi guys, following picks for today: ATP TOUR, ROME MONFILS TO D BLAKE @ 3 at sportingbet / sportingodds WTA, CZECH OPEN, PRAGUE AZARENKA TO D SUCHA @ 1.3 at pinnacle BARTOLI TO D PLISKOVA @ 1.14 at sportingbet / sportingodds (double stake) Blake, like all Americans hates European clay, and in any case needs some 2-3 matches to adjust to it. Monfils is at his best on clay. The two played last year at French Open with Monfils winning a very close match. Importantly, Blake was at his best last year and is not playing well in 2007. Looks like a 50/50 match for me which definitely makes it a value bet at the odds of 3. 17 years old Azarenka was a junior world no.1 and should be top 10 ladies player very soon. She reached a final in Estoril last week and is a clear favourite against an out-of-form Sucha. H2H is 1:0 to Azarenka who won as a 15 y.o. Bartoli vs. Pliskova is almost like a "sure bet" for me so I suggest putting double stakes on it. Pliskova is just 15 y.o. and is not playing particularly well even at juniors level (ranked 554! at juniors). Pliskov is 1175 at WTA level and has no victory over top 200 players.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague Ljubicic vs Acasuso LJUBICIC @ 1.94 Betfair Ljubicic here. Has much of his best form in the clay, semis in French Open last year, and won in Dusseldorf 2006. Also his form on hard court in USA was very solid, lost a very tight match against Roddick in Indian Wells and got to semis in Miami. I know Acasuso beat Ljibicic last year but imo does not matter here. Ljubicic better player. Acasuso not in great form, best performance this year a quarter final in Casablanca, and possibly low on confidence going into this match.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague Ferrero vs Starace FERRERO @ 1.95 Betfair I'm amazed Ferrero is 1.95 Starace is improving player but Ferrero is the man in form, a semi final in Monte Carlo last month, and he came back to beat world ranked 25 Hrbaty in 1st round here and repeat of that should be good enough, he is one of the best clay courters around.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague

MaKiri what about Chakvedatze vs Safarova. Can Chakvetadze win here? H2H is 0-0' date=' but both players haven't impressed :wall:puke[/quote'] Oh, sorry didn't catch this one in time. Without AFTERTIMING here, I wouldn't have bet on this one. Å afarova far from impressive in the tier IV at Estoril, and Chak clutching victory from the jaws of defeat against Stosur. :$ But, I've taken some heavy hits in the last few days - and I've been too greedyand let my bets run, when I should've 'greened out' in the Safin, Dementieva games yesterday, and the Montanes game today. :@

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague Oh, incidentally, I hope you all got on Peng to beat Ondraskova this morning. ;) Unfortunately, I got up too late to take advantage of this one... Ondraskova beat Daniela in the 10am start, then because of the rain delays yesterday, had to start her second round match against Peng about 30 minutes later. :eek So Ondraskova had to play 4 sets in 3 and a half hours ! :rollin

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague *** SELECTIONS 10/05/07 *** ROME RODDICK v CHELA * BACK [email protected] OK, so obviously clay doesn't really suit his game, but the odds variation to what I had is enough for me to have a small punt on A-Rod :hope I hope I don't end up looking RODDICKULOUS :$ DAVYDENKO v STARACE * BACK [email protected] I was expecting something in the region of 1.7 for Davy here, so 1.93 looks good value for a large helping of MASHED POTITO :dude GONZALEZ v MASSU * BACK [email protected] Massu has been quite frustrating to back in recent weeks, and Gonzo was impressive beating Tursunov the other day, so I'm backing Gonzo at a reasonable price to win this all Chilean affair - Not a match for MASSUVE stakes, though :unsure BERDYCH v ACASUSO * BACK [email protected] In the last two rounds I've layed Berdych because I thought his price was too low, now when I think his price should be 1.3-1.4ish, he's 1.68! Make no mistake, Acasuso is no MUG:\ on clay, but I can see the in-form CZECH BOUNCING here:ok PRAGUE PIN v MEUSBERGER * BACK [email protected] When I priced this one up, I actually had Pin down as favourite, so backing her at odds-against looks a sound bet to me and I'm PINNING my hopes on Camille :) MORIGAMI v SEQUERA * LAY [email protected] Morigami's price is far too short here, Sequera returning to fitness had a decent enough win in the 1st round, while the scoreline in Morigami's match flattered her somewhat. I'm confident the Venezuelan can give Morigami AKIKO in the teeth... :cow BERLIN SCHNYDER v HINGIS * BACK [email protected] Martina's price looks quite generous in this all Swiss clash. Schnyder's good on clay, but I don't think that's enough to justify these odds - so I'm backing Martina :) A.BONDARENKO v IVANOVIC * LAY [email protected] Alona's in great form on clay recently, and as much as I like Ana, her price is just too short, so I'm definately LAYING the Serb this morning;) GOOD LUCK :cheers

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague :eek Fed's on the drift:eek Nothing to serious, though - when I looked an hour ago he was 1.05, and Volandri was 19; Now Roger's being matched at 1.08, and you can get Volandri at 14.5 :loon I did actually price Federer at 1.05, so if his odds move out anymore; I'll have some of that

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague Bet of the day for me is Gilles Simon to beat Tommy Robredo. Simon has been playing very well this week beating two solid players in Murray and Canas. Head to head is one apiece with Simon winning their most recent meeting on a hard court and Robredo winning last year on clay, 6-4 in the 3rd set. Definently a big chance today Gilles Simon @ 2.50

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague *** ATTENTION PLEASE *** For those that have got an interest in Nadal; apparently he's been to hospital this morning, and his outright price is drifting like the proverbial barge. He's been trading at around 1.65 all week - and now he's about 2.40, and Federer is the new favourite at evens.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSchnyder - Hingis
SelectionSchnyder
Strength10/10
Date10/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.14 (Back)
ReasoningIt's raining now at berlin but I hope they will play today.Thanks to this I have time to post it here at SP :) Schnyder is favourite for me here.She impressed me much when I watched her against Vinci.Great serve, awesome forehand.Vinci had nothing to say against Schnyder.In the next match Patty demolished Ruano Pascual 6:0 6:1.She seems to be in good form.Hingis struggled against Bondarenko and she seems not so good at the moment after this injury she had.But carefull with stake as it's Patty and she can always play awfull match in the most unexpected moment :) GL.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague Randall what about today these matches? Kuznetsva vs Petrova(H2H 2-1 for Kuznetsova(all on hard)), Ivanovic vs Schnyder(H2H tied 1-1 on clay, Ivanovic took last one).

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague I'm on Petrova because I think this will be a good match and anything + money to me is worth a shot. Both are good clay court players and both are playing well this year. But Petrova won here last year and should be worth the shot.

Re: Tennis: ATP Masters Series Rome, WTA Berlin and Prague took over 23 games in Davydenko vs Robredo(IMO this one has all over written on it, in H2H all meetings but 1 went over). What about Berdych can he defeat Volandri today, then Gonzo can he beat Chela? H2H is in Chela favor of course, but Gonzo can trouble him for sure, last meeting was taken by Gonzo, but not played on clay at all and Chela is better claycourter IMO of course.