Golf Betting Confused.

I dont bet big stakes at golf just 50pence and pounds here and there to add a bit of extra interest. Anyway im really confused about each way betting. Last week I had R Sterne at 33/1 each way (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) and he managed to place, so as a result i won around £4 from a 50p each way bet. Ok, so this week I picked sterne again at 33/1 each way as before. I also picked els each way (i actually ment to put him to win) at 11/2 . and Bubba watson at 50/1 ew . All 3 of them placed so i thought I was due to win at least around 15 pounds. My return was a total of £3.73 . I dont understand this so i sent stanjames an email and i got this reply.

Thank you for your recent email. I have checked the bet for you and it is settled correctly. In the BMW Asian Open R Sterne and E Els were both in a 4 way tie for 5th position and in the Zurich Classic B Watson was in a 3 way tie for 5th place. This means that in the BMW you received 1/4 of your place stake and in the Zurich you received 1/3 of your place stake
I can kind of understand what it means, so if players are placed, but are tied then you dont get paid??? :cry :@ :cry i probably shouldve known this, but I am gutted that I picked 3 players who made the top 5 and got nothing for it!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.