PL Poker Night - Birmingham - Sat May 26th

Sir Puntalot

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Poker Night - Birmingham - Sat May 26th Ok, a little bit more information about this night coming up on May 26th. I'll put this in the first post too. We will be charging £15 per person that is coming. What do you get for this £15? Free drinks all night, as well as a buffet and a curry a bit later on. This also goes towards paying for the venue and the hire of the superb dealers. There will be STT's running after the main event too. It's cheap as chips at £15, the only reason we've put it that cheap, is because we haven't had a poker night for quite some time. Next time will likely be £25, which is still ridiculously cheap and still subsidised by PL. The main event will be a £10 buyin and we'll decide on the night how that is split up. The winner will also receive a trophy. :ok Rules: 1. Don't take it too seriously, this won't be the WSOP, if you want serious poker, than I believe Las Vegas is your preferred venue - PL Poker nights are fun, but of course we all want to win at the same time. ;) 2. Verbals - There have been instances of some pretty bad verbals on previous occasions. Some so bad, I have had to say something and in 2 cases, ban them from future events. I don't really want to do this, so let's stay away from any personal comments that cross the line. ;) 3. Dealers - Don't argue with them, these dealers have seen more hands than you lot have seen pints of beer, believe me. They are top notch. :ok 4. No walkmans please, this aint the WSOP! :lol 5. Anyone who tries to get on the karaoke when it's my turn, will incur a 5 year ban from PL. ;) Looking forward to this and meeting a few more newer members. :nana

Re: PL Poker Night - Birmingham - Sat May 26th

5. Anyone who tries to get on the karaoke when it's my turn, will incur a 5 year ban from PL. ;)
Mr Ross has forgotten Rule 6; It is ALWAYS Paul's turn on the karaoke... :eyes :puke P.S. On the bright side it almost drowns Kev out. ;)

Re: PL Poker Night - Birmingham - Sat May 26th Actually, I suspect Jaded has a perfect poker face. Except when he has pocket aces and has to call an all-in raise pre-flop ... when a look of utter confusion crosses his face as he tries desperately to think of a creative way to play them.

Dealers - Don't argue with them, these dealers have seen more hands than you lot have seen pints of beer, believe me. They are top notch. :ok
Well, you can try and argue, but they are trained that the TD will make the rulings, so they will pass the arguement on to me, and i will just get the sawn off out :loon

Well' date=' you can try and argue, but they are trained that the TD will make the rulings, so they will pass the arguement on to me, and i will just get the sawn off out :loon[/quote'] Rich, if Taxmonkey is still in those bin bags outside can you tell him it's his round please :ok

Re: PL Poker Night - Birmingham - Sat May 26th walkmans????? hmmmm someone is showing their age........ :tongue2 Really looking forward to this, especially the the fact that I am paying for egg and chips, just like others before me :) I am REALLY impresssed by the way punterslounge treats their members - WELL DONE PAUL :clap :clap :clap Damo 4. No walkmans please, this aint the WSOP! :lol

walkmans????? hmmmm someone is showing their age........ :tongue2 Really looking forward to this, especially the the fact that I am paying for egg and chips, just like others before me :) I am REALLY impresssed by the way punterslounge treats their members - WELL DONE PAUL :clap :clap :clap Damo 4. No walkmans please, this aint the WSOP! :lol
I knew when I wrote walkmans, it would get a response like that! :lol I couldn't think of mp3 player for some reason. :unsure Big Andy does most of the organising for these poker nights, so he should get most of the credit. ;)

Re: PL Poker Night - Birmingham - Sat May 26th I refer you to my earlier post..... :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 of course the thing is I wouldn't know how to use an mpthingy even if I had one :rollin Cheers Andy for all your hard work :clap :clap :clap this is the best forum to be on - without a doubt, everyone works so hard for everyone else :ok Damo

I couldn't think of mp3 player for some reason. :unsure

Mr Ross has forgotten Rule 6; It is ALWAYS Paul's turn on the karaoke... :eyes :puke P.S. On the bright side it almost drowns Kev out. ;)
Kevsul (Can we gag him?) 5 Looking forward to this and meeting a few more newer members. :nana
Whats this gang up on Kev..