How many tables at once?

Washman

I'm reasonably comfortable playing up to 3 tables at a time - 4 is a bit much with my current screen, but I do like to keep myself occupied surfing the web if I'm only playing 1 table. Anyway, I'm playing a $650 WSOP main event qualifier at the moment, and thought I'd see which Pokerstars sponsored players were around. In the main lobby you can click on requests/find team pokerstars players - first player on the list is called Bertrand Grospellier (ElkY). At the moment he's playing 10 tables: 3 x 5/10 NL cash 1 x 10/20 NL cash WSOP qualifier (the one I'm in) $100 NL tourney $200 NL rebuy tourney 3 x $1100 heads up SNG Crazy or what :loon :loon :loon

Re: How many tables at once? I certainly couldn't do it, I struggle beyond 3 or 4. If you readed 2+2 you'll find people there playing 20 tables at a time. I guess it can be a learned skill if you get there in gentle steps.

Re: How many tables at once? Playing ten games at once means that you must essentially be just playing the cards. It must be impossible to get a read on players, unless you have loads of notes on them already, but then how would you have time to take notes or even spot something noteworthy? So where does all this advice to know your opponents come from then? From single table real play that's where! The internet, bringing with it the ability to sit down at many tables, makes this a whole new ballgame. I personally am comfortable playing two tables, with both almost fully in view. Four tables and I'm starting to panic at times. Ten and I'm sure my brain would seize up!