** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007

Colo Colo - LDU Quito Pick: Colo Colo This is an interesting game , the whole group is really interesting , because each one of the four teams can qualify for the next round . Colo Colo and Caracas have 6 points , LDU and River Plate have 5 ... I believe this one is a 'must win' match for the home team , who is traditionally strong in such cups team . After Colo Colo started very poor , with 2 loses , they achieved 2 wins , and now have chance to finish their work with a win here , against a not very strong away team , like LDU . The ecuadorians are strong home team , and as it is said : "their home is their fortress" . So I think that in their last match , they can win againts Caracas , and if they are lucky , then can qualify as a second team from the group . But for Colo Colo , this is their last chance , because they will play against River Plate in Argentina , and it would be very hard for them to earn even a point against them . River needs these three points , they beated Colo Colo in the opening round , and they can beat them again . So , tonight , I`m going for Colo Colo straight win , the odds for that are around 1.60 ... ;) Good luck ! If someone has any interesting team news , it could be very useful ... :ok

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007 Well you have pretty much said it all. In the last three years LDU have played 11 home games in the Copa Libertadores. 8 wins, 2 draw and only one defeat. But away from home, LDU have played 12 CL matches. Only 2 wins, 4 draws and LDU has lost 6 away games. LDU has Escalada back in the starting 11. COLO COLO: Sebastián Cejas; David Henríquez, Miguel Riffo, Arturo Vidal, Gonzalo Fierro; José Luis Jerez, Arturo Sanhueza, Rodrigo Meléndez, Giovanni Hernández; Alexis Sánchez, Humberto Suazo. LDU QUITO: Cristian Mora; Jairo Campos, Norberto Araujo, Arlín Ayoví, Enrique Vera; Paul Ambrossi, Pedro Larrea, Luis Bolaños, Christian Lara; Luis Miguel Escalada, Franklin Salas. The best bet on this game is more than 2,5 goals. (odds 1,73 Sportingbet) 17 of the last 20 Colo Colo matches has ended with more than 2,5 goals. And Colo Colo has scored in 38 games in a row, with and average of around 2,5 goals scored by Colo Colo in those 38 matches.

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007

Sport Football (S.America)
Event Cienciano v Boca Juniors
Selection Cienciano +0.25
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.87 (Back)
Reasoning The news i came upon are really good for the sake of this bet. Seems that (according ot website) Boca is travelling to Peru without some regular starters - between others there will be no Juan Roman Riquelme, Martin Palermo, Rodrigo Palace, Pablo Migliore, Guillermo Barros Schelotto and Hugo Ibarra. The squad which will face Cenciano consist of Mauricio Caranta; Merciful Rodriguez, Jonathan Maidana, Daniel Diaz, Claudius Morel Rodriguez; Sergio Orteman, Sebastián Battaglia, Pablo Ledesma or Ever Banega, Neri Cardozo; Mauro Boselli and Bruno Marioni, so still respectable but still the odds are really good not to try a bet on home team - with a safety switch of AH. Cenciano didnt have the best of starts in Peruvian league and are currnetly on the 5th position with 4-3-2 record. While Boca are 2nd - with 4 away wins. According to the table in Copa Libertadores Boca should be content with a point while Cenciano will press for a winner as the group is very tight abd with 3 points they could be in a very good position to qualify.

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007 Libertadores - 04.04.07 Union Maracaibo (VEN) X Flamengo (BRA) Pick - Flamengo (2.08 Betfair) This pick looks very very good for today! Maracaibo in four matches is 0-2-2. They have no more expectation to qualify. The group situation is almost defined. Btw, Flamengo is 3-1-0 and wants to win because they are looking for the 1st place on the group. Flamengo is also looking for the best campain in all Libertadores to be able to have an easy game on the next part of the competition. I´m going on this tonight! Let´s see!! :tongue2 :hope Good Luck!

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007 Cienciano Cuzco - Boca Juniors Buenos Aires

Pick:Cienciano (+.25) AH @ 1.85 Canbet

Really important game for both clubs in the tightest of all groups for the top South American competition.Boca are leading by 1 point ahead of Cienciano and Toluca who are playing eachother in Mexico next and last game,while Boca will host Bolivar,the weakest club in the group.

Cienciano need the win here in order to keep their chances to make it to the next round alive,since a win in Mexico is not the easiest task.Their squad is fully-fit and well rested,reserve players were lined-up in their last league game.First match in Buenos Aires ended with a 1-0 win for the argentinians but the peruvians’s coach has already won 2 titles against River Plate in 2003(Copa Sudamericana) and Boca Juniors in 2004(South American Super Cup played in Miami).The president of Cienciano has added extra motivation offering a bonus in case of win today and qualification to the next round.

Boca’s coach certainly recognizes the importance of the game but on the other hand simply cannot ignore the evolving battle in the argentinian league where being placed second,3 points from the top,they play an important away match against Velez next week-end.That explains why he did not include important players like Riquelme,Palacio and Palermo apart from the injured Ibarra and Schelotto to the group that travelled to Peru.The thoughest part of today’s game is to overcome playing at the altitude of 3.400 meters,so in last trainning session that took place in Peru’s capital Lima he emphasized in the minimum-effort tactics that his players have to keep in mind during the 90 minutes of the game.In the previous 2 away matches Boca drew 0-0 in La Paz(3.800 m altitude) against Bolivar and lost 2-0 against Toluca in Mexico(2.600 m altitude).Eventhough the argentinian coach stated he will go for the win he is aware a conservative approach is more realistic and he should rather aim a draw trying to hold possession of the ball,lowering the tempo.Cienciano’s coach knows that time will be on his side’s favour and suggested to his players patience and no early risks carried away by the 40.000 local supporters expected to attend the game.I believe that even if Boca take the lead will not be able to hold it,if Cienciano score first they will probably get the win.I consider the line for this game not correct and the bet quite safe.

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007

Deserved win for Cienciano but the score is rather flattering.As expected,Boca took control defending well with two advanced lines of 4 men each,passing the ball well and were the ones who threatened first in a couple of occasions.It took 30 minutes for the hosts to balance the game,they should have been awarded a penalty and 7 minutes from half time argentinians were reduced to 10.Peruvians scored early in the second half,defended well when Boca tried to hit back and with each passing minute the absence of 3 key attacking players and the altitude effect was more obvious in the argentinian side.Second and third goal came late when Boca were very vulnearable.Key figure of the game was Gonzalez Vigil who scored the first and served the other two goals.

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007 I heard something about River Plate and their game tonight ... Heard , that they are resting some of their key players for the game vs Caracas , can somebody tell what is this all about ?! Is it true , or is it just rumour ?! Caracas will qualify with a win over River tonight , and won`t have to worry about their visit to Quito vs LDU in the last 6th round . To qualify , River need a point here , and a win over Colo Colo in Argentina in the last round , but are they really gonna chase progress in Copa Libertadores ?! Odds for Caracas are really tempting ...

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007 Four Caracas players (Jorge Rojas, Edder Pérez, Luis Vera, Iván Velásquez) are banned after the incident after the game with Colo Colo. Both teams are fighting for second place so backing River Plate looks a logical bet. Furthemore games won't be played in Caracas but in Curuta, Colombia. I don't find any info about resting any players by River.

Re: Copa Libertadores , 04.04.2007 Thanks , blysk ! ;) I also was looking to back River , but these news bothered me for a while , but now as I know that they are just rumors , I can put my money on River ... Good luck , mate ! ;)