Supercupen - Elfsborg v Helsingborg 31/3/07

Re: Supercupen - Elfsborg v Helsingborg 31/3/07 My first chance on the Swedish season is on Elfsborg today :hope

Sport Football (Sweden)
Event IF Elfsborg - Helsingborgs IF
Selection IF Elfsborg
Strength 8/10
Date 31/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning IF Elfsborg - Helsingborgs IF Sweden, Swedish Supercup 2007 I have not have the chance to follow pre-season closely or even return to Sweden and discuss friends on the matter however following the press on the silly season and taking into account the location and general team strengths I can only see one winner here. I would not recommend max stakes however as this is very early season in Sweden. Elfsborg have another good squad this season with many favorites staying when expected to leave such as Ishizaki & Holmén, with the addition of dangerous ex Portsmouth forward Keene IFE should again be a force Helsingborgs look average at best and without Larsson would hold little threat IMO however on a cup game i would play full count on this. This game is played at the Borås Arena, artificial surface and home ground of Elfsborg. Elfsborgs startelva: Johan Wiland – Daniel Mobaeck, Andreas Augustsson, Jon Jönsson, Johan Karlsson – Samuel Holmén, Jari Ilola – Stefan Ishizaki, Anders Svensson, Daniel Alexandersson – James Keene. Helsingborgs startelva: Daniel Andersson – Erik Wahlstedt, Samir Beloufa, Fredrik Björck, Franco Miranda – Olivier Karekezi, Andreas Jakobsson, McDonald Mariga, Fredrik Svanbäck - Henrik Larsson, Razak Omotoyossi GL

Re: Supercupen - Elfsborg v Helsingborg 31/3/07 Hello Galea, good to see you tipping on this game I might have some on Elfsborg today, especially as I see they have home advantage. I'm hoping to be betting at the start of Sweden this year, although might be a pussy and wait a few rounds :$ I've been discussing with a few people and it seems as if the 2 power teams could be Elfsborg and AIK. Some real problems ranking DIF at the moment, how do you think the Jarnkaminerna will do this season?

Re: Supercupen - Elfsborg v Helsingborg 31/3/07

Some real problems ranking DIF at the moment' date=' how do you think the [i']Jarnkaminerna will do this season?
Hi meaty :ok In all honesty probably quite badly! Kjell Jonevret is gone, the side has bad results but many players missing pre-season so hard to gage really, Whilst Johan Arneng and Markus Johannesson remain DIF will still challenge but it will not be easy. I will still go see them play at least once and if the rumours of Kim Källström returning are true I will be quite pleased! (i think i started that rumour by the way...)

Re: Supercupen - Elfsborg v Helsingborg 31/3/07 I'm also backing Elsfsborg, -0.5 @ 2.15 (Expekt). Elsfsborg looks like they could be even stronger this season, and I think they played well vs FCK in Royal Leauge, might just as well have won that one. Imo more questions about Helsingborg, I'm not so sure they will be at the absolute top. This is as mentioned pre season, but 2.15 for Elfsborg at home must be tried. About Djurgården: Lots of questions to be answered, new manager, new players, shaky pre season, but the fact that Jonevret left during last season is a + factor in mine and many others book ;)

I'm also backing Elsfsborg' date= -0.5 @ 2.15 (Expekt). About Djurgården: Lots of questions to be answered, new manager, new players, shaky pre season, but the fat that Jonevret left during last season is a + factor in mine and many others book ;)
Agree, a long time passed since 02/03 and a change was needed, this will be a rebuild time perhaps but the change was due I certainly agree to that :cheers :hope for Elfsborg

Hi meaty :ok In all honesty probably quite badly! Kjell Jonevret is gone, the side has bad results but many players missing pre-season so hard to gage really, Whilst Johan Arneng and Markus Johannesson remain DIF will still challenge but it will not be easy. I will still go see them play at least once and if the rumours of Kim Källström returning are true I will be quite pleased! (i think i started that rumour by the way...)
ah right, doesnt sound too good :( Kallstrom back to DIF :loon lol imagine that eh he should've stayed at Rennes, hes ideal for Lyon being a squad player, but he deserves to have more importance for some team

Re: Supercupen - Elfsborg v Helsingborg 31/3/07 This game might go either way. Both Elfsborg and Helsingborg have played bad during pre-season: Elfsborg have six games in a row without victory to this game. Four draws and one loss in the training games and one loss in Royal League. Helsingborg have one win, one draw and three losses in the training games and one win and two losses in Royal League. To this game, Helsingborg will miss only Babis Stefanidis (harmstring) but Henrik Larsson will be back in the squad, probably starting with new Razak Omotoyossi. I saw Razak play against Lyngby two weeks ago and even if he showed quality, he's not close to his best form, very bad fitness and will only hold for an hour. Henrik Larsson won't play 90 minutes either, because the game will be played on artificial turf. Olivier Karekezi will take on step up to his natural forward position when Larsson or Omotoyossi need to leave. I think the team who win the midfield take this one. McDonald Mariga in Helsingborg has been outstanding during pre-season and won't stay longer than until summer if he continues this way. In Elfsborg we have some great players in Anders Svensson and Samuel Holmén. In the defence, Helsingborg will play with new Algerian Samir Beloufa as central line with Fredrik Björck. This means junior player Marcus Nilsson who have played in the Royal Leauge will start on the bench. Despite Beloufa lack of match practice with the team, I think he will strengthen the defence. Elfsborg miss left defender Mattias Florén who is injured. Helsingborgs team: Daniel Andersson – Erik Wahlstedt, Samir Beloufa, Fredrik Björck, Franco Miranda – Olivier Karekezi, Andreas Jakobsson, McDonald Mariga, Fredrik Svanbäck - Henrik Larsson, Razak Omotoyossi Substitutes: Oskar Berglund, Marcus Nilsson, Andreas Dahl, Olafur Skulasson, Fredrik Olsson Elfsborgs team: Johan Wiland – Daniel Mobaeck, Andreas Augustsson, Jon Jönsson, Johan Karlsson – Samuel Holmén, Jari Ilola – Stefan Ishizaki, Anders Svensson, Daniel Alexandersson – James Keene. Substitutes: Abbas Hassan, Martin Andersson, Emir Bajrami, Mathias Svensson och Joakim Sjöhage. Since the Supercupfinal is a new invention, neither team feel something special about it. It's just a competition game you will love to win, but won't be sad if you loose. Therefore I assume some goals here. Both team usually play attacking football and won't concentrate more on defence in this game. O 2,5 goals X @ full time Correct result 2-2