Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28 OK. Let's continue. There is not enough information yet about the teams in this group, only the highlights of previous matches, so I'll be short for the first time: Ukraine - Lithuania Very difficult match won France in Vilnjus and this was not only because Cocks were without Henry and Treseguet. Lithuania is on the way of progress. This is not a team as 4 or 2 years ago, when they were loosing a lot. The 4-5 players of Lithuanian team are from Scotland premierleague (Hearts), playing together during years, that's because the defence play of the team is wellbuilt. They also had very good chanses to score, but unfortunately(for them) didn't score. The logic result of the match against France would be a draw. Ukraine: we all know the team from the world championship, but ukrainians are playing much weaker in last matches. Saw a match in Faroe: a lot of attacks of Ukraine with 2 goals and not bad, several(!!!) counter attacks of Faroe. As for me I don't see so large difference between Lithuania and Ukraine as bookmakers do (1,25 for Ukraine win), I think the chances are 45%-35%-20%. Lithuania has nothind to loose. My choise is: Lithuania +1,5 1,75 7/10 Italy - Scotland Can not tell that Scotland 100% won a match against Georgia, can tell: Georgia lost the match with the awful second half. Scotland had many wholes in the back, but only once, Arveladze used it and scored. I'm sure Luka Toni and company are much stronger then georgian colegues and I think with play shown against Georgia, Scotland has very few chances to take even a point in Bari. Italy has 7 poins, Scotland - 12, Ukraine - 9. If Azura doesn't win, and Ukraine wins(?!), Italy 50% will not play on EURO 2008. So I choose: Italy win 1,35 9/10 Georgia - Faroe No doubt Georgia win, but be careful with handicap -2,75, I think it's a little critical. When 10 men are staying in front their goalkeeper and waiting for counter attack, it's very difficult to score. Ukraine could not do it more than 2 times! So My pick is: Georgia win 1,13 9/10 Goog Luck!

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28 No brainer bets here, with Georgia and Italy strongly tipped to record home wins. Faroe Islands are kack and I believe Georgia with a big home support to record a 3-0 or bigger victory. Italy i feel must win this game otherwise they are in serious trouble to qualify. Lets face facts, Scotland were under the kosh against France and rode their luck to win. Their struggled to a 2-1 win over Georgia. Now I admire the Scots but faced with the quality of attack for Italy, I cant see anything other than a home win.

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28

No brainer bets here' date=' with Georgia and Italy strongly tipped to record home wins. Faroe Islands are kack and I believe Georgia with a big home support to record a 3-0 or bigger victory. Italy i feel must win this game otherwise they are in serious trouble to qualify. Lets face facts, Scotland were under the kosh against France and rode their luck to win. Their struggled to a 2-1 win over Georgia. Now I admire the Scots but faced with the quality of attack for Italy, I cant see anything other than a home win.[/quote'] News for gerrie26681: Georgia is playing without Areladze - scorer in Glasgow(knee problems) and Khizanishvili - center from Blackburn(muscle injury). Faroe coach interview: "We arrived only for three points...":beer :) Weather is too hot in Tbilisi for islanders: + 12. Good luck!

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28 I would go for the highest odds possible, so my feelings about: Georgia vs Far Oer: Georgia -2.5 AHC at 1.86 with BetDirect. Georgia played very well last outfield match against Scotland, loosing at the last minute (by 2-1) but having, for long periods, quite control of the match. Georgia was not been very lucky in the last weekend match, but this will be the perfect match for Toppmoeller to give boost to his NT again: they will play in front of full stadium (60.000 supporters are waited in Tbilisi) and Georgia already beated easily, in the first leg, Far Oer by 6-0. Very good the upfront line with the couple Arveladze (to watch for his fit condition)-Demetradze, supported by the expert Kobiashvili. By the other side Far Oer has the poor record of nihil points from 5 games played, so even nihil goals scored (0:20 the goals differential). The guests just lost, at home, against Ukrajne (by 0-2) in the last weekend and nothing seems could help them to get something in this away match. Prudent modul, choosed by head coach Martin Olsen (4-5-1), keeping only Jacobsen as advanced striker, supported by Benjaminsen and Thomassen. I wait for an easy job from the home NT, too much stronger than far oer in every zone of the field.

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28 Hi first post on punters lounge, however I agree Georgia will be too strong for Faroes, I would urge caution on betting against Scotland, Yeh we dont have the best quality in the world but we do have alot of passion, this is probably the best position we have been in to quilfy over the last number of tournaments and I feel McLeish will have the boys pumped up and determined to get something, of course I can see Italy winning however I would not bet great amounts on this game as a draw to me also looks a fair possibility , thanks and good luck to all :ok

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28 Can't see Italy not winning against Scotland to be honest! Its a must win game for them and they will be to strong for Scotland! Italy win (1/3) :ok I can see the Ukraine v Lithuania match being a draw. Lithuania played well against France on Saturday are were unlucky not to pick up a point, I feel they will pick up a point here because Ukraine aren't the team they are made out to be. Draw (4/1) :ok Not to sure about the last game! Both Georgia and Faroe are very poor teams. If I had 2 pick a winner I would go for Georgia but 1/8 is terrible value. 0-0 is worth a punt because both aren't great scoring teams! 0-0 (14/1) :ok

EventGeorgia v Faroe Islands
SelectionAway team to score: no
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningGeorgia have kept a cleen sheet at vs Turkey and Uruguay their last two home matches, and I do think that's signficant even though those matches were friendlies. Faroe Islands have not scored one goal in 5 qualifiers, reason being they are a very poor team, simple as that. Faroe Isl. scored 4 goals in ten matches in the qualifiers for WC in Germany, two of them vs Cyprus away. Last H2H, with Faroe as home team, ended with a 6-0 win for Georgia. I'm sure Faroe will play with a defensive wall, so bets like Georgia -2.5 @ around 1.80 looks too risky imo, Faroe not to score looks like a safer option at an ok price.

Hi first post on punters lounge' date=' however I agree Georgia will be too strong for Faroes, I would urge caution on betting against Scotland, Yeh we dont have the best quality in the world but we do have alot of passion, this is probably the best position we have been in to quilfy over the last number of tournaments and I feel McLeish will have the boys pumped up and determined to get something, of course I can see Italy winning however I would not bet great amounts on this game as a draw to me also looks a fair possibility , thanks and good luck to all :ok[/quote'] :welcome As a fellow Scot, I agree with you in some respects, we're on the crest of a wave, have a lot of confidence, and big Eck showed on Sat, he's not scared to changed things around. Tactically, the big man is ok and has the reputation of being somewhat a lucky manager! I think Rangers fans would say, his signings were poor, but getting to knockout stages of CL with Inter and Porto in the group was an excellent achievement. However, I'm very worried about Dailly playing! Very worried. The guy is a liability, and will give away needless free kicks in dangerous areas. Tactically, Eck is trying to defend further up the pitch and relieve some of the pressure on Weir and McManus, and I applaud that, I just wish there was someone else there to play that role. Hopefully it will allow Ferguson to get further forward and hopefully compete well in the midfield. As for Kenny Miller taking on the world best defence on his own, I'm sure they're trembling at the thought of it. Italy will edge this one, but no bet for me, as I can't bet against the mighty Scots!

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28 Totally agree with you on the Daily decision, he is far to slow and old to play that position never mind his lack of talent, I would prefer to see somone a bit younger placed in beside Ferguson. I also agree with the Kenny Millar argument, the only thing I would say is that he seems to play better in a Scotland jersy and with the Italian defence gettin on a bit, I think he could possibly cause some problems with his pace IF Scotland can break and get the ball to him, thats a BIG IF of course! good luck with all betting:beer

Re: Euro 2008 Group B Mar 28 Italy hosting Scotland. Italy started slowly their campaign for EC after their winning WC adventure. So if they won't win today they will put themsevles in very tricky position. Maybe something like with England in other group. They already lost some pts like with France away and at home to Lithuania. So if they don't win here aswell they will complicate a bit their situation, but still it's early to calculate even in that case their chances for grabbing 2 first spots. At first I thought this one should be a banker, but then changed my mind and I'm willing to try something on Draw here. Scotland started this campaign on high level, with 4 wins and one loss till now. Ok Italy must win this at home but that does not mean they will. I will try something on Draw, betfair @5.5. GL~ And total goals: 0, gamebookers @11. Scotland will be all on defence here and Italy beeing under pressure....0:0 can be not that far from reality.