NRL Round 2: March 23-26

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Thanks guys! Made my (small) bets with your excellent rundowns; then checked the TV listings to see these games are on in Melbourne from midnight-4 a.m.!!! I am gonna be very very pissed tonight

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26

Thanks guys! Made my (small) bets with your excellent rundowns; then checked the TV listings to see these games are on in Melbourne from midnight-4 a.m.!!! I am gonna be very very pissed tonight
If you have foxtel, then the replays will be on Fox Sports a little earlier than that I think. Good luck with your bets. I should say I made a couple more long term bets too. I took Ash Graham for leading scorer @ $67 and also Souths to win the prem @ $44, though the latter is purely a trading stance. All bets placed for tonight, not feeling overly confident but I think they are in with a chance at decent odds.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 St George win by 13+ margin Great result by the Dragons last week to beat the new team especially with all the hype surrounding them. Now they head home to face the Knights without their two main leaders in Johns and Buderus. The Knights have a very poor win record if Johns doesn't play and as they have lost their last 5 of 6 games to the Dragons, this game looks bleak to them. The Dragons should win this comfortably. Bulldogs win by 13+ margin Huge perfortmance by the Dogs to play for most of the game with 1 less player and then only to lose by 1 point in the end. On the other hand, Penrith were very ordinary and lacked direction in their loss last week. You would expect that one of the competition favourites would be looking to chalk a win here and you would expect an easy one with the calibre of players in their line upmodify_inline.gif

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Sorry Barty,no looks tomorrow,i'm disgusted at myself. Got some for Sunday but none for tomorrow,Sorry to all but mostly sorry to myself for tipping such shocking results. The Dragons start without Cooper,lose Woolford in the first 5 mins take the lead in the second and then do everything to gift the game to the Knights,i'm not watching anymore i've seen enough,sorry to all,hopefully can get back on track on Sunday and Monday.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Tell me about it,I really should of left those matches alone but I tried to follow on and it did'nt work. Might have a look tomorrow but nothing really stands out apart from the Tigers 1-12,one thing that doe's stand out is the Cowboys with the start,but they have a disgusting record against the Roosters but if the Roosters continuie with their 1 man markers the Cowboys might tear them to shreds,or the ref might penalise the Roosters to death,any thoughts?

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Jumbo mate, I had the EXACT same thoughts regarding the Roosters markets. The way Bowen, Thurston, Payne operate they will absolutely rip them to shreds. Also, Lewis has a broken toe, Aubusson moves to the bench, Mitchell Pearce debuts at half, Anasta to five-eight. I am considering taking Bowen to outscore Minichello, because if the Roosters do continue with their marker defence they will be split open and Bowen will almost certainly be there in support to claim a try or two. So far that is the best angle I can come up with. I like Tiger's team score 21-30 and Raiders team score 11-20 too.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Nice ones,The Bowen one sounds solid,the margin it looks getable for me,but i'm a tad bit nervous that the Roosters might get it right,but thats based more on History than present play,I thought the Cowboys looked great at times but Brisbane scored some soft trys really,if the Roosters can get to the outside of the Cowboys line I still don't think they've got more speed than the Cowboys,and it won't work regardless. Wheras the Cowboys are at home ,good start to the new season,Roosters playing one man markers,Bowen,Thurston,Brent Bowen,Jenson,it just looks bad all over for the Roosters. Cowboys by about 20???? On form thats what you'd think tho. Sorry Barty,Maybe a couple of union ones in the morning,over at betshoot.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 I say this with the utmost respect to you all, but if a bet looks iffy , then just leave it alone, its only round 2 lads, plently more games to bet on and get back to profit, lets wait for the ones that really stand out as sweet bets and cash those in. Cheers!

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 if only we all had your discipline mate.... thats what it's all about...i wish i had moer of it !! i would make alot more $$... But hey, im not going to knock anyone who i follow, i mean, Jumbo for example...i know eventually he's going to earn me alot of money in the long term as he know's his stuff.... But when i bet on football, i must admit, sometimes when i look back at bets i have lost i have thought, why the hell have i done that !!!

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Alright i've decided to follow the Cowboys today with a big start,i'll tell you the 4 reasons why. 1.The Roosters only had 4 days rest after playing a very physical match against the Bunnies on Monday night,whilst the Cowboys have had a full 6 days rest as they played last Friday. 2.I find the halves pairing for the Cowboys of Thurston and Smith far superior to the Roosters. 3.The Roosters new ploy of only one marker,last week they were lucky to not get penalised more from marker and with the Cowboys little men,their will run from dummy half and the Roosters will be on the back foot. 4.I've got no idea how the Roosters will beat the Cowboys,they have less speed than the Cowboys,less playmakers than the Cowboys and the Roosters are playing away. Onca again History would tell us otherwise,but history told us otherwise last week against the Bunnies and the Bunnies changed it,I would consider this Cowboys side better than the Bunnies and for those reasons i'll be taking the Cowboys -12,a massive start but worth the risk.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 This was taken off Nrl.com.au: Form: North Queensland began with the same zing that marked their start to the 2006 season and the addition of veteran Jason Smith to the mix promises to add a new dimension to the Cowboys’ attack. The Roosters showed little sign of rejuvenation in a 12-point loss to the Rabbitohs.

History: The Roosters have been a major bogey team for the Cowboys over the years. In 19 meetings, the Townsville men have won only twice.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Hey guys, don't beat yourselves up over missed punts! I know nothing about Rugger (well, the TEAMS anyways), but reading the informative posts on here help me to enjoy the game a hell of a lot more! As I stated earlier, i only punt on games I watch on TV, just to make 'em more interesting (like chocolate sprinkles on ice-cream); and knowing what I should be watching from whom is certainly more entertaining. For example the Dragons/Knights game was a lost punt, but what a game! I was screaming at the telly, fer christ's sake :) Without the excellent info and punts (with solid reasoning) put down in this forum, I'ld be without ANY clue. Anyways, Jumbo, CR, et al; keep up the good work for the lurking punters out there! :clap:clap:clap It's R2 for chrissake! Sometimes it will be :cry But let's :hope there is more :nana JPVD. p.s. I'm taking the Cowboys +13 small stakes for reasons stated on previous posts. .

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Mate if its excitement your after heres what i've got for excitement purposes tonight,not tips but just for watching sakes.Tigers 1-12 with Melbourne 1-12. I to must admit I do like the excitement factor of watching games and putting something on them,both those options are paying over $3,so $10 on each is always good for fun.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Wests v Manly Wests Tigers Brett Hodgson ©, Taniela Tuiaki, Dean Collis, Paul Whatuira, Jason Moodie, Benji Marshall, John Morris, Keith Galloway, Robbie Farah, Bryce Gibbs, Ben Galea, Todd Payten, Dene Halatau. Subs: Liam Fulton, Daniel Fitzhenry, Chris Heighington, Bronson Harrison, Danny Galea (one to be omitted). Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Jamie Lyon, Chris Hicks, Travis Burns, Michael Monaghan, Jason King, ??????, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson. Subs: Clint Halden, Matt Ballin, George Rose, Mark Bryant, Glenn Hall (one to be omitted). There's been some big money for the Tigers over the week and the handicap ranges from a short -2.5 to -7. For today's early match I fancy the Tigers to win in a game that will buck the early trend and see a few points in it. Rather than take the Tigers in some form or the Overs though, I will take a hybrid option and back the Tigers Team Score 21-30pts. This option covers an array of possible scorelines such as a Tigers walkover (say 30-10), a close Tigers win (22-18) or even a high scoring loss etc. It seems at least as solid as a Tigers handicap win or other form of line bet, and although I would give preference to Tigers 1-12 I feel more comfortable with this bet given Orford wont play. Bet: Tigers Team Score 21-30 @ 2.90 TAB (7/10)

Alright i've decided to follow the Cowboys today with a big start,i'll tell you the 4 reasons why. 1.The Roosters only had 4 days rest after playing a very physical match against the Bunnies on Monday night,whilst the Cowboys have had a full 6 days rest as they played last Friday. 2.I find the halves pairing for the Cowboys of Thurston and Smith far superior to the Roosters. 3.The Roosters new ploy of only one marker,last week they were lucky to not get penalised more from marker and with the Cowboys little men,their will run from dummy half and the Roosters will be on the back foot. 4.I've got no idea how the Roosters will beat the Cowboys,they have less speed than the Cowboys,less playmakers than the Cowboys and the Roosters are playing away. Onca again History would tell us otherwise,but history told us otherwise last week against the Bunnies and the Bunnies changed it,I would consider this Cowboys side better than the Bunnies and for those reasons i'll be taking the Cowboys -12,a massive start but worth the risk.
It's a difficult one hey? As I said last week I've taken the Cowboys outright, so for me it's practically a no bet and cheer the Cowboys from a long-term perspective. I have had one very out there bet though, and that's the Roosters to win by 16-20 @ 41 Skybet 1/10. Obviously the Cowboys should win and it's easy to see why, but sometimes history can repeat and this option looked the best way to put myself in a position to take advantage should history repeat. For the record, the Cowboys team is: North Queensland Cowboys 1 Matt Bowen, 2 Brenton Bowen, 3 Ashley Graham, 4 Paul Bowman, 5 Neil Sweeney, 6 Jason Smith, 7 Johnathan Thurston ©, 8 Matthew Scott, 9 Aaron Payne (vc), 10 Carl Webb, 11 Steve Southern, 12 Luke O'Donnell, 13 Justin Smith. Subs: 14 Rod Jensen, 15 Jacob Lillyman, 16 Sione Faumuina, 17 Shane Tronc. Roosters have a number of changes which I'm not 100% sure of, but Anasta will go to 5/8th, Aubusson to bench and Pearce makes his debut in place of the injured Lewis. The key factor IMO for this game is the Roosters marker defence ploy, and how frequently they look to use it. If they blindly employ it expect them to be slaughtered by Bowen and Thurston, but Anderson is a smarter coach than that and so I'm basically staying away here as the line is too big for my liking and nothing is certain enough for me to feel comfortable with anything other than my 40-1 shot.

Re: NRL Round 2: March 23-26 Storm just hit Leichardt apparently, so luckily I didn't take the overs. Rain not the best but 21-30 is still a chance given the Tigers can still dominate. Late changes sees Fitzhenry replace Whatuira with McDonnell to the bench. For the Eagles Kite skippers as Monaghan has replaced Orford at half.

Mate if its excitement your after heres what i've got for excitement purposes tonight,not tips but just for watching sakes.Tigers 1-12 with Melbourne 1-12.
Missed the Tiges, but on Melbourne. Excellent punt; my adopted team to win, but not to go overboard! LUV IT. Off to the pub lads. :gimme Good luck all