** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Accumulator frenzy

urnla

First of all - HI everyone! Being a newbie and all I want to apologise upfront for any forum traditions I might infringe upon. I've been reading this forum for quite a while, but now it's time I post here. Background: Betting on sports never quite exsited me for a number of reasons. The main one being my upbringing, I guess. But before I turn this into an autobiographical epic let me just summarise it in one sentence: I wanted to win the lottery, but didn't like the lack of control over the outcome. This was before I learned I could ACCUMULATE:tongue2 No need to say more, as there are plenty like me out there:cheers Aim: To never exceed a 10pts limit on one accumulator and .... (surprise, surprise) win a lot:$ Reasoning: I can afford to play (which is always a good start):D Plus, I pride myself in knowing a thing or two about european football. Technical: I am a) Ukrainian b) using bet365 and ladbrokes c) credit card only d) support Blackburn Rovers :notworthy e) compare Rovers chances to win the FA cup to those of a snowball in a microwave f) welcome any comments/tips So, I will post my weekly (some times more frequent) accumulators here, so we can track my success/failure story together. Highlighted and underscorred team is a winner in most accumulators. In brackets I give my bets on first scorer (if any) plus any other bets I included in various accumulators. NB if I include a first scorer bet into an accumulator, I will usually only back it up with more/less certain games. If I give you a double chance result (e.g. home/draw) I will bet it as two separate full bets (1 home and 1 draw) and NOT as a double chance. Just for fun, I will provide my score prediction, which will not be included in accumulators and is for fun only.

Week 1 (19-26 Mar 2007)

Man Utd v Middlesbrough (2:0) (Rooney, Ronaldo, MU to win by 2 or more) 1-0

Tottenham v Chelsea (1:3) (Lampard, Shevchenko, Drogba) 1-2

Altrincham v Grays Athletic (1:1) (home/draw)

Dag & Red v Stevenage (2:1) Morecambe v Aldershot (1:0)

Northwich v Exeter (0:0) (home/draw)

Tamworth v Kidderminster (0:0) (home/draw)

Weymouth v Woking (1:0)

Halifax v Oxford Utd (1:2) (draw/away)

East Stirling v Berwick (0:2) Juventus v Triestina (3:0) 5-1 Grosseto v Novara (2:0) 1-0

Hansa Rostock v Cologne (0:0) (home/draw) 1-1

Grenoble v Strasbourg (0:1) (draw/away) P-P (void)

Slavia Prague v FC Brno (3:1) 2-1 Amadora v Benfica (0:2) 0-1 Braga v Naval (2:1)

I used 50pts, averaging 1-5pts per accumulator choice. My predicted outcomes are highlighted above. I will post winning selections (if any:hope ) as soon as I have the results in.

BANK: 500pts Spent: week 1: 50pts Return: tbc Odds: accumulator ranging between 1000/1 to 900000/1

:hope :hope :hope So far so good @ Tuesday, 5am GMT

Sincerely yours, Igor :ok

Re: Accumulator frenzy just out of interest, how would you guys bet on a let's say 12 match accum today? feel free to choose the matches and give your tips. I am willing to put some money on some of your suggestions to test them. there's only one condition, the accum odds have to be 3000+.

Re: Accumulator frenzy Good luck urnla, but don't edit posts with selections, leaves you open to accusations of changing the bets afterwards. And you need post post exactly which selection is part of which accumulator and what stake goes on each and include the odds. Right now i have no idea what bets you actually placed.

Re: Accumulator frenzy :hope :hope :hope Hello all, First of all: point taken with regard to editing selction posts. Won't do that again. As you might have noticed I went very close on my week 1 accumulator, having been fcuked over only by weymouth, who decided to lose at home to woking in a heartbreaking fashion. So it's -50pts and bank is 400pts with this week pending. Week 2 selections: Serbia @ 1.25 (all prices - bet365) Belarus @ 1.33 France @ 1.44 Russia @ 1.60 England @ 1.80 Norway @ 1.40 Northern Ireland @ 1.40 Yeovil @ 1.57 Nott For @ 1.57 Swansea @ 1.80 Bourn - Tranm DRAW @ 3.25 Lecce @ 1.70 Carlisle @ 1.80 Scunthorpe @ 2.20 Odds 1321.56/1 :hope :hope :hope