Banker/PLR Discussion - March 07

Banker/PLR Discussion - March 07  

1. 1.

• Incorperate EW Fancies, Win and EW NAPs
    • Continue EW Fancies as is, Win Only NAPs
    • Continue EW Fancies as is, Win & EW NAPs

I have attached a poll to this forum, please select your prefered choice. DEADLINE: Midnight Friday, To Be Actioned Saturday You must choose first if we incorperate the EW fancies into the NAPS thread, and secondly, if we should run the NAPS thread as win only or win % EW. Only 3 choices as not allowing EW and stopping the Fancies is just crazy. [ZuluWarrior] Sorry Graham, for editing into your post, hope you dont mind the intrusion...
Congrats Mowgli, terrific performance mate. Cant say on the whole i get this concept of the Bankers thread or the ratings. I'm not sure where were heading, we seem to have no chance of ever making a profit with the top 3/4/5. We have pulled some of the losses back but down to horses being tipped at odds that were frowned upon not so long ago. My own performance is pretty average and not helping, i always seem to be in about the same place, 50% strike rate is poor in my opinion for the type of horses selected. (so called, put your house on it etc...) A lot of us would be homeless a long time ago! Best of luck with it Zulu, your work is much appreciated.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Bankers - latest tables

Congrats Mowgli, terrific performance mate. Cant say on the whole i get this concept of the Bankers thread or the ratings. I'm not sure where were heading, we seem to have no chance of ever making a profit with the top 3/4/5. We have pulled some of the losses back but down to horses being tipped at odds that were frowned upon not so long ago. My own performance is pretty average and not helping, i always seem to be in about the same place, 50% strike rate is poor in my opinion for the type of horses selected. (so called, put your house on it etc...) A lot of us would be homeless a long time ago! Best of luck with it Zulu, your work is much appreciated.
I don't think backing at odds on or just above evens will ever return us much profit and get the thread into a positive. I'd much prefer a naps thread but with strict rules regarding prices, so for example between 2-1 and 7-1 with ew fancies being 7-1 and above. Some of my 'bankers' have been 7-2, 9-2, 5-1 but I felt I should supply reasoning with them due to the price as many wouldn't feel they were 'bankers'. I won't back odds on but I've had cash on the above and feel that's the way to get into profit. For me they were bankers and the reasoning tried to justify that, just look at the so called bankers that have been turned over this week at Cheltenham: Black Jack Ketchum, Well Chief, Aran Concerto, Detroit City, all around 2-1 and all losers. We don't want it turning into a competition where people would be picking 33-1 shots to get to the top, hence the price guide (2-1 to 7-1) but it would be nice to have a profitable thread that we all can contribute to and the ratings is a good idea so we can see who is in form. Not so long ago I couldn't pick my nose, let alone a winner and we'll all go through winning runs and losing runs. Great work from Zulu, really is appreciated, as is the work by all the mods, especially Billyhills this week with the Cheltenham compo. :clap Maybe we can run a naps thread alongside the bankers thread?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.