Favourite Cheltenham memories

Re: Favourite Cheltenham memories 1991, 3 months before my twin daughters were born, i made the trek to Cheltenham with my dad for 2 days. We had members tickets for the 1st day & also an invite into the guiness village where the boxes are, & the possibility of a meal in one of the boxes. We got the phone call after travelling down from Surrey that our friend had sorted the box out with his mate ........Harry Redknapp. We were in for the meal & all afternoon (just had to bung harry a few quid - no change there then!!). When i got to the box, i was introduced to 4 men & thought i must have been dreaming .....Harry, Frank Lampard snr, Alan Ball & some bloke called Bobby Moore. I was dumbstruck, i spent all afternoon holding my ears when as bally squeaked home every winner. Between them they made a few quid & we had a great meal on a round table where i must have just sat there open mouthed thinking "thats the bloke who won the World Cup for England". After racing we were then entertained by another legend Steve Smith Eccles who came in after racing saying "just give me a brandy, I'm fckin knackered". Overnight, we slept in someones hotel room, had brekkie on the hotel & played snooker til 4am. Next day, we were invited along again to the box this time for a beer as the wives & kids were there. Thinking back, the 2 little lads in the box that day were no other than Frank Lampard Jnr & Jamie Redknapp. what a couple of days!! Punting wise, my dads mate had a double with £27k to come & Danny Connors got bt a sh hd in the last. He promised me if it won, i was going to collect it, he gave me another ticket & told me to get it, it was for £1600 which i didnt know til the bookie told me. Was shitting myself walking back to the lads.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.