** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support)

spireitedaz

Have any of the other guys who were having problems log into the Boss software had any recent correspondence on this issue ? The last response I had was to download the software again, by this time I'm getting pretty fed up with the whole thing and gave them 24 hours to sort it or I'm withdrawing the balance and transferring it to the other Boss rooms that I can log into. It would appear that this will now have to be the case, which is a shame, cos it was the Boss skin I used the most before the Paradise move, and with the Punter's Lounge focus games etc, was certain that this would have continued to be the case.

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support) Where are you talking to them? If you go through "live help" in the boss software, then you talk to the Boss customer service, who are notoriously crap!!!! The SO in house support are usually pretty good though.....

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support) I have had no response from them either, they had promised to email me the next day with an update, but nothing arrived. The link still works on my older PC, so can give them more time, but would have thought they would be trying to resolve this issue as a lot of people seem to be affected and they must be losing a lot of business.

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support)

Where are you talking to them? If you go through "live help" in the boss software, then you talk to the Boss customer service, who are notoriously crap!!!! The SO in house support are usually pretty good though.....
Going through SO support, the person I talked to was very polite and had said he had tried to resolve the issue by reducing the firewall, altering cookie settings, but to no avail. So basically i think they have handed it over to their technical department to resolve. Presume it will not work until they produce an update to resolve this issue.

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support)

Where are you talking to them? If you go through "live help" in the boss software, then you talk to the Boss customer service, who are notoriously crap!!!! The SO in house support are usually pretty good though.....
I've only used the live support twice and was impressed on both occasions although they weren't too big of a problem that required sorting. Using the e-mail enquiries address at moment. I hope they're not still using the firewall as a possible reason, I told them a few days ago that the firewall would unlikely be an issue, cos none of the Boss skins I use, are on the exceptions list. Frankly I find it hard to believe that after more than 7 days, they can't get even people logged in to their software. I've worked on a IT helpdesk before and appreciate that different problems have different priorities (how many people it effects etc), but people not being able to access an application is usually classed as critical. It makes you think, if it was something that was only affecting 1 user then how long would it take to sort out ? They say you don't know how good a company is until things go wrong, how right that seems to be.

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support) I had problems being unable to log in on thursday daytime.By evening I could log in ok , so I assumed they had fixed whatever the problem was. I didn't get round to contacting customer support though.

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support) Have just had this email from Sporting Odds, looks like problem will be fixed shortly i hope.:hope

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Sporting Odds Just a quick update on the log in problems using the Boss application. I spoke with Joe Legge, (Sporting Odds poker manager) throughout the last few days - The good news is that the Boss technical team have identified the problem which was caused by the setup of both URL's which we have given previous to both new and existing clients. During the last few months we purposely took away the option to download Boss from the main website to encourage existing and new customers to migrate over to Paradise, however during this interim period certain customers specifically requested to use Boss, so our web designers set up a link. Two links were set up as a contingency plan in case the first went wrong, however it would appear that both were set up incorrectly hence the log in problems you have experienced so far. This matter is now in the hands of the web developers and it is just a case of creating a new link which is fully operational. This should be done by Wednesday at the very latest, at which point I will email you with all the relevant details. Thanks once again John for your continued patience and I will keep you posted. Kind Regards Mark Clohessy Customer Care Team Sportingodds.com

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support) Found the same e-mail in my junk folder, not having poker in the title didn't send it to my Poker folder. He did thank me for my patience, guess he didn't read my last e-mail. The only problem I've got with what they believe has caused problem, is my friend also deleted the old Boss software on his laptop, when it switched to Paradise. I sent him a link for the download link, he's used that and has had no problems getting in at all. So if their theory is correct, surely he shouldn't be able to get in, am sure there's other PL'ers who've done the same too.

Re: Sporting Odds (lack of Customer Support) Recieved another email from sporting odds on friday, but was away and didn't spot it till now. Have fixed the problem as have downloaded from the link below and can log in now.:nana :nana Did take them a while, but have got there in the end, think there customer support is better than alot of other sites and will be playing there for sure. http://www.sportingoddsgames.com/c/paradise/boss-download.html