Dog to watch

Saw a dog at Peterborough on Tuesday night in the puppy semi-final, it won it by a mile clocking 37.49 for 605M, all the rest were clocking about a second slower. Looking at it previous races it can cover most distances in good times. It is called Roxholme Girl and is certainly one to look out for. I think the final is on Saturday and if you want a very short priced cert this is it. On Tuesday it was 1/7, but being a final it may go out from that a bit.

Re: Dog to watch GREYHOUNDS: Roxholme Girl romps home in big ET race HALEY Keightley is proving to be a trainer with the Midas touch after scooping the £1000 Evening Telegraph Puppy Cesarewitch at Peterborough Greyhound Stadium with runaway winner Roxholme Girl. The Worksop-based trainer only gained her licence four months ago, but has known nothing but success since then. And with a super pup like Roxholme Girl in her kennels it is easy to understand why. With a starting price of 1-8 favourite, many felt it was all over bar the shouting before the race had even started. Any doubters at the packed Fengate track only had to wait until the opening bend for Roxholme Girl to show her class. Having made the break from trap one, Roxholme Girl powered away from the rest of the field to cross the line 11 lengths clear in a time just outside the track record of 37.32. This victory was number 36 of the fledgling training career of Keightley and so far her best. Keightley said: "This is the fourth open race Roxholme Girl has won for us, but this is the biggest prize we have won too date. "I have only had my training licence for four months and this was the 36th winner we have had but winning this is the icing on the cake. "Roxholme Girl is a very good dog. A gutsy dog, that is why we bought her. "We got to see her run in Ireland before we bought her and you can see why we did." There is no doubting Roxholme Girl's class and Keightley is looking to move the October 2002 puppy up in distance in the future with the St Leger at Wimbledon and the prestigious TV Trophy the main targets over the next 12 months. While the race for first prize was a forgone conclusion, the battle for the minor places could not have been more exciting with Deanos Lass producing a late finishing burst to take second spot with local hope EarlyRetirement pipping long-time second-placed dog Rooster Wardie in a photo finish for third.

• 1 month later...

Re: Dog to watch I have one to watch at Sunderland tonight. Its called Elwick Review from the Paul Miller kennel and impressed me very much first time out last week. This dog beat another very good dog and one to keep on your side in Tinas Little boy in a cracking 27.12secs. Elwick Review double pinged the lids in a scintilating 4.82 and this is certainly good enough to lead by a length or two into Sunderlands notorious first bend. Laser beam in the same race has been mixing it with top company but I think he is better at other tracks. Another dog to note for next time is Magical Power at Brough Park, I deemed it unlucky last night and will surely win next time out in the same grade.

Re: Dog to watch

22.141st £150 & Trophy, Others £20OR 450m
1small.gif42211Fridays Mozartbebdw S Race Roanokee - Fast Duty
Head It On Syndicate d
2small.gif15625Hes Our Princebd J A Little 27.16 Jamella Prince - Shes Our Girl
Mr L Mcintosh,mr A Murphy d
3small.gif11341Clune Portobk G J Hutt 27.26 Hotshow Ben - Strand Queen
Mr G Low d
4small.gif51233Laser Beambk H F Williams 27.33 Droopys Vieri - I Say Manor
Mr V Taylor d
5small.gif1111Elwick Reviewbd P Miller 27.13 Joannestown Cash - Hollyhill Blonde
Elwick Syndicate d
6small.gif22212Tinas Little Boybew E J Mcdermott 27.17 Top Honcho - Marinas Tina
Mr B Gill d