Warwick 23/02

bowles10

Re: Warwick 23/02 Off now for 6 days so can play properly! Initial thoughts, combined with patternform. 1.50 Faith And Reason 2.20 Pancake 2.55 Yogi 3.30 Leading Contender 4.05 Baron Windrush (if it can run without getting pulled up!) 4.40 Helen Wood 5.10 No Retreat These are initial selections but I won't be backing them all.

Re: Warwick 23/02 2.20 - open season 20/1 A bit speculative, but an E/W shot to get placed behind hot favourite pancake. Main reason for a small stakes bet is that it is Timmy Murphys only ride of the day. I've always been interested in Jocks who make the trip for one ride and as it is an unraced horse it could be anything. Trainer in reasonable form and i think carnival town for one needs further to be seen at his best, so the selection could sneak a place. 1pt E/W Open Season 20/1

Re: Warwick 23/02 Just something I'm trying with some ratings. I'll post one horse if the run has 7 or less runners. I'll post 2 (the second being an EW selection) if the first one doesn't have a RPF of 6/1 or higher (in races with 8 or more runners). I'm not putting money in all of them. Just testing the selections. 13:50 - Salesin / Steig(ew) 14:20 - Pancake / Irish Guard(ew) 14:55 - Henry's Pride 15:30 - Leading Contender 16:05 - Moorlands Again 16:40 - Helen Wood 17:10 - Coursing Run I'm just testing this. Put money at your own risk.

Re: Warwick 23/02

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event 1:50 WarW
Selection Salesin
Strength 10/10
Date 23/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.10 (Back)
Reasoning 1:50 WarW Salesin I think this is the one to beat with its best of only two hurdle runs being at this track. It finished 2nd (back 11L) in Class 2 Juvenile Novice Hurdle that Risk Runner won. 3rd place was 13L behind Salesin and that runner is, just like Risk Runner, set to go to Cheltenham.
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event 3:30 WarW
Selection Leading Contender
Strength 10/10
Date 23/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.12 (Back)
Reasoning 3:30 WarW Leading Contender Very consistent in all starts over hurdles (2.2.1.3.2). Hard to oppose against this field with the best effort LTO out of all 5 rivals being 3rd out of 7 38L behind the winner. LC’s worst finish in hurdles was 4 3/4L back in 3rd and that was a Class 2 with Lord Sam as the winner and Lyes Green 2nd.
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event 4:40 WarW
Selection Helen Wood
Strength 10/10
Date 23/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Sportingodds @ 1.57 (Back)
Reasoning 4:40 WarW Helen Wood In good form winnings its last two by 6L and 4L and should be too good against a small field (LTO form 7.0.6.5). Another Pipe runner on a short break that’s in good form. Only 2nd in only Heavy ground race and that’s the last race before winning two in a row. Should be better running on heavy this time after winning its last two.

Re: Warwick 23/02 IRISH GUARD WARWICK 2:20 Pancake is the obvious one to beat on his favoured soft going, but was found out last time in better company. However Irish Guard also has form in the book on heavy and was the facile winner of an ordinary race on similar ground. Ran well for a long way on his comeback but found the three miles plus trip against him. Likely to be well suited by stepping back five furlongs and Robert Thornton takes the ride, At the likely odds Irish Guard would seem the obvious one to back each way, seeming set to reach the frame and may even make the winners enclosure.

Re: Warwick 23/02

2.20 - open season 20/1 A bit speculative, but an E/W shot to get placed behind hot favourite pancake. Main reason for a small stakes bet is that it is Timmy Murphys only ride of the day. I've always been interested in Jocks who make the trip for one ride and as it is an unraced horse it could be anything. Trainer in reasonable form and i think carnival town for one needs further to be seen at his best, so the selection could sneak a place. 1pt E/W Open Season 20/1
25/1 4th was going well around 3 out and maybe needed the run. as it was Timmy Murphy was changed for stable jock Tom Doyle so the reasoning was irrelevant. might be worth keeping an eye on