*Premium* £2k Football Challenge!

Sheerluck Holmes

pre·mi·um premium.gif /ˈprithinsp.pngmithinsp.pngəm/[pree-mee-uhthinsp.pngm] –adjective

10.of exceptional quality or greater value than others of its kind; superior: a wine made of premium grapes.
Well, after my original £2k football challenge went a bit Pete Tong(:lol ) . . . I'm on a new venture . . . The same principals, but . . . . . . Only around 2-10 bets per week (instead of a day!). I will endevaour to make these *premium* tips with first rate analysis (which will also be posted with the selection) . . . I 'ran' a website years back when I was a student with a fair degree of success from these types of bets so we'll see. . . Much of what i'm doing is still the same . . .
  • Back and Lay SINGLE bets on the football - Generally these will be match outcomes but also occasionally other markets.
  • I'd be mad not to take into account some of the brilliant tipters on PL, who lets face it, sometimes do a lot of cracking analysis on all our behalfs. I'm not going to blindly follow these tips though - if I post somethign up i'll be happy as I possibly can be with the selection.
  • Starting bank £50.00 (real money!)
  • Level staking of £5 per bet until I get to markers of £200, £500 and £1000 *yeah right!* when the stakes will rise to £10, £20 and £30 respectively.
  • All bets will be struck with Betfair and Commision will be taken into account.

Anyway, thats the bullsh!t out of the way . . . now for the losers! . . . :tongue2

Re: *Premium* £2k Football Challenge! Ok, Up to Scotland for the first bet of this new GH. Interesting game at Central Perk, sorry Park ;), on Tuesday. Stirling are gunning for promotion and currently lie 2nd, 7 points behind Morton and 5 in front of Brechin with a game in hand - this is their game in hand, so a win here could see them take a massive step towards promotion. Cowdenbeath on the other hand lie just 3 points from the relegation zone but with their indifferent recent form may struggle. Stirling come off the back of an impressive win at the weekend, and whilst Cowdenbeath also won, this was at Ayr who haven't won in 9. Goals seem no problems for Stirling scoring 10 in the last 4 and whilst Cowdenbeath, dont exactly leak them, Albion should have a bit too much in my eyes, especially considering Cowdenbeath have only mustered 2 points from there last 4 home games. Cowdenbeath have only won 9 from 40 versus Stirling at Central Park so I'm willing to take them on . . . Bet 1

BetDateHome TeamvAway TeamCompBet TypeB/LOddsStk
127-FebCowdenbeathvStirling AlbionScot Div2Home WinLay3.70£5.00
:hope

Re: *Premium* £2k Football Challenge! Good luck mate! Will be watching eagerly to see how you fare with yours! Always that level of nervous excitement before the first stake and then hell the game is under way! Will watch your predictions with interest to see where you go with them!

Re: *Premium* £2k Football Challenge!

Ok, Up to Scotland for the first bet of this new GH. Interesting game at Central Perk, sorry Park ;), on Tuesday. Stirling are gunning for promotion and currently lie 2nd, 7 points behind Morton and 5 in front of Brechin with a game in hand - this is their game in hand, so a win here could see them take a massive step towards promotion. Cowdenbeath on the other hand lie just 3 points from the relegation zone but with their indifferent recent form may struggle. Stirling come off the back of an impressive win at the weekend, and whilst Cowdenbeath also won, this was at Ayr who haven't won in 9. Goals seem no problems for Stirling scoring 10 in the last 4 and whilst Cowdenbeath, dont exactly leak them, Albion should have a bit too much in my eyes, especially considering Cowdenbeath have only mustered 2 points from there last 4 home games. Cowdenbeath have only won 9 from 40 versus Stirling at Central Park so I'm willing to take them on . . . Bet 1
127-FebCowdenbeathvStirling AlbionScot Div2Home WinLay3.70£5.00
:hope
Match Abandoned! :cry Never mind.

Re: *Premium* £2k Football Challenge! Gone through the Italian Serie A fixture list, Lazio should win but the odds are too short for me but I have found a bet that I really like . . . Milan face Palermo in scintilating form . . . 4 wins on the bounce and undefeated since november they pose an obvious threat to Palermo who have been shaky since the tradgedy of 2nd Feb, drawing 2 and winning 1. Before then however, they were hardly in the best of form and it seems it is only their early season form which is keeping them in the upper echelons of Serie A. Milan have only lost 1 away all season (conceding only 10 in the process) - and that was waaaaay back in November to high flying Roma. Whilst Palermo have a pretty decent home record of 8-1-4 they have only mustered 1 point and 1 goal in their last 3 at home. Winning 7 from the last 8 Milan should be able to claim the ascendcy but am slightly nervous of the draw, meaning Laying the home win is extremely attractive indeed! Bet 1

128-FebPalermovAC MilanSerie AHome WinLay3.25£5.00

Re: *Premium* £2k Football Challenge! A confident bet for me for friday. . . My 2nd lay bet sees me opposing AGOVV in their game with Veendam. AGOVV are without a win in their last 10 matches rattling up figures of 0-2-8. Infact their only win in the last 13 came against Eindhoven who are the leagues worst team. Last match they was on the wrong end of a 0-5 thumping and seem to be on the slide. . . . Veendem on the other hand are on the up, a 0-2 reversal (versus Omniworld who are on a decent enough run themselves) in their last game was the first in 7. Only 3 defeats on the road (from 14 games) should see them claim at least a draw at the 2,500 capacity Sportpark Berg & Bos. Bet 2

22-MarAGOVVvVeendemHoll GouHome WinLay3.50£5.00

Re: *Premium* £2k Football Challenge! Whilst the odds to lay are higher than i would have liked, I simply cannot see Torquay beating Chester at the Deva. Doomed Torquay with only one win in their last 26 (at home versus Grimsby) look set to leave league football with a whimper after an impressive start to the season. Their last away win in the league came at the beginning of September and I am confident that they won't cause an upset on friday, especially as their squad seems to be stretched to the limits with the fitness of strike duo Lee Thorpe and Jamal Easter in question, they are also without defenders Steve Woods (knee) and Matt Villis (groin) and central defender Craig Taylor is likely to miss out. (N.B On the official website it seems the gulls may have signed some cover - smacks of desparation to me and 24hrs prep time is hardly enough to integrate players into the team) Chester are a solid enough team and whilst they don't socre many, they don't concede any either - just 3 in the last 7 games. Undefeayed in the last 3 at home, if they can put together a little run they could sneak a play-off place. I'm not entirely convincd that Chester will win but i'm as certain as I can be that they won't lose, to me laying Torquay is a good bet, albeit at a slightly bigger price than i would like to take. Bet 3

32-MarChester vTorquayEng LD2Away WinLay5.60£5.00

Re: *Premium* £2k Football Challenge! :cry :cry :cry Well i'm just not getting chance to dedicate anything like the amount of time i'd like to spend on this - we're relocating to york - and in between viewing new houses, driving up to show people round ours and with the usual work/family commitments i'm not having enough time to wipe my arse! So, I'm goign to resurrect this when we've moved, or at least more settled . . . :ok