** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby Union Six Nations 2007

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby Union Six Nations 2007 Here are my picks for the last round of matches: Italy have had their best ever tournament so on the face of it a double figure start against an Ireland side which only just scraped past Scotland last week seems good. However, after the jubilation of last week I think Italy may well come back down to earth with a bump here against a motivated Ireland team needing all the points they can get for a chance of the title. Italy have lost a couple of players to injury with their backline looking very weak and up agaisnt O'Driscoll and co, Ireland could run riot on St Patrick's Day Ireland -12 @ 10/11 (Skybet) Exactly the same logic could apply to France against Scotland, but I think 21pts is alot to get over Scotland who are tenacious, gritty and strong in defence if nothing else. They will also take whatever chances they get with Paterson kicking and if Ireland don't win by that many in Rome the french will know they've got it won and take the foot off the gas. Scotland +20.5 @ 5/6 (Bet 365) England really should beat Wales this weekend as their pack is quite simply much better. Wales have learnt this tournament that you can't win matches with 35% posession and I suspet the same will happen on Saturday. I think it will be close as England still don't impress me in terms of converting their posession into points but the confidence the France victory gave them should help them to get the win here. I'd definately recommend the England handicap, but I simply can't stomach the thought of Wales losing and me losing my bet so I won't even do that at as little as -3 I don't think. England @ 4/6 (general)

Re: Rugby Union Six Nations 2007 Last round of the tournament, lots of possibilities as to who can win but can't see past France hammering Scotland to claim it. The handicap of 20 looks about right so won't touch that however I do think that Ireland will find it tough against Italy. I wasn't around before the Italy game but thought the odds of 4/9 on Wales were crazy, Italy are good at playing a forward orientated game and that is what killed us, no possession so we were just hanging on and surprise surprise a try after 40 mins of trying to defend. Despite the loss of Bergamasco who is a quality player (ignoring his blatant red card offence) I think the Italians have enough up front to mix it with the Irish and off the back of two consecutive victories I expect them to be full of confidence. I hope their backline starts to fire a bit more regularly as there is definitely talent there but even without this I'm sure the likes of Parisse can take the game to Ireland and get a try or two. Italy to beat Ireland (-13.5pts) @ 10/11 (Bet365)

Re: Rugby Union Six Nations 2007 I think England will prevail; the Hook v Flood match-up will be interesting. If this was at Twickenham it would be quoted England -13 or -14 on form, and I don't think Cardiff is worth a full 10 points. Ireland will have this big idea of racking up points (only 4pts on difference behind France) but could come unstuck against Italy who now play for a full 80 mins. Not that unstuck, but may get a fright. From 10-15 they are all over Italy but Italy pack and Troncon will have their say. A fair sized handicap for France to overcome up against an improving (slightly) Scotland and the boot of Paterson. The way in might be to take the Scots at half-time +10. On handicap: England, Italy, Scotland (ht) for me. First try scorer in Paris: Sean Lamont @ 16-1/ Harinordoquy @ 25-1 First scoring play in Rome: Italy drop goal @ 33-1 (Lads)

Re: Rugby Union Six Nations 2007 what a day of up and downs. my main bet on Ireland comes through handsomely, robbed of the Scotland bet by a dubious stoppage time try and couldn't give a stuff about losing the last bet! Wales avoid the wooden spoon with a 9pt win and it should have been more.

Re: Rugby Union Six Nations 2007 I didn't post all these on here, but this is my tournament record Italy v France L England v Scotland W Wales v Ireland W England v Italy W Wales v Scotland L Ireland v France W Scotland v Italy W Ireland v England W France v Wales L Scotland v Ireland W Italy v Wales W England v France L Italy v Ireland W France v Scotland L Wales v England L W 9-6 L not bad, but due to the large amount I put on France-England I reckon i'm probably only just in the black from this 6N

Re: Rugby Union Six Nations 2007 Well, an exciting end to an interesting championship. Nothing that will overly worry the Southern Hemisphere as we look ahead to the World Cup but there is a reasonable amount of rugby before then (enough time for Wales to destroy James Hook's career anyway!). Would be good to keep the same crowd on here discussing the games as well as any other rugby in the meantime. Looking back through my bets a 5pt stake on each would have resulted in a 5.65pt profit which I'll take after a few shockers towards the end. Need to be a bit more patient I think waiting for the good handicaps to come around.