Need help with data-extraction from website, for backtesting

Hi! I need help from a skilled person :) I am in contact with a fellow punter who uses sophisticated numbers analysis in his work with predictions. His site is called www.prematches.com. I have asked him if backtesting his analysis (game simulator) will prove that his numbers are beating the market. He says "for big leagues 'yes for sure' but lower leagues he doesnt know". What i would like is help from someone who are skilled at extracting data from websites to a spreadsheet, if its possible. Getting percentages, league and date would be good. I dont know if this is possible, but certainly it would be very interesting. Do anyone have this kind of skills and see this as a fun and possibly profitable project? Please post if you have any questions...... thanks for your interest :) THanks, Levi

Re: Need help with data-extraction from website, for backtesting Hi! Not sure if i explained well enough. I need to get data out from prematches.com to excel. The whole point is that i do NOT want to click in to each and every match to get out the simulator results there, but get it out automatically. Is that possible? Thanks, Levi

Re: Need help with data-extraction from website, for backtesting Anything's possible but... Why can't you simply copy and paste page by page and then edit a bit. Of course you can write some program/macro but that might actually take more time. You'll still need to find a way to get odds info into the same spreadsheet, really can't see that done any other way than manually game by game. What exactly is the page with the info you want ? If it's in the protected area then put a page into a file and then attach the file to a post.

Re: Need help with data-extraction from website, for backtesting Took a look at promaches and the "simulation results" you are asking for (or anything else in this page) ( if i got it right)and : 1) Is in the members area (but can be accessed) 2) Is for ONE match. ( H2H stats ) 3) Is valid at the moment of post ( current time ) So you can only test past results if you have the program (which creates the stats), enter past results one by one , creating current stats, extracting the data etc. etc. .... If you want to extract ONLY the current - available stats - todays maches (from current list of maches to the left of the main page) and of course you are member of the site , i'm sure others with better knowledge than me may can help you. I have the feeling that it can be done.

Re: Need help with data-extraction from website, for backtesting Hi and thanks for the replies! A script will be installed on the site soon (one week from now) that takes care of the problem with smimulation being correct only one day. Its am members site, and i am a member, but the problem is that you must copy and paste one game at a time...... .....dunno, it may be very hard... Levi