** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th)

Schedule
s.gif
s.gif
Round 16 (All times local at venue)
s.gif
Monday, January 1, 2007
Match (Home v Away)VenueTimeTV
>KingsvBreakersSydney Entertainment Centre05:04PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
s.gif
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
BulletsvHawksBrisbane Convention Centre06:34PM AESTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
SlingersvDragonsSingapore Indoor Stadium08:00PM WST
s.gif
Thursday, January 4, 2007
SlingersvCrocodilesSingapore Indoor Stadium08:00PM WST
s.gif
Friday, January 5, 2007
HawksvTigersWIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong07:40PM AEDT
s.gif
Saturday, January 6, 2007
TaipansvBreakersCairns Convention Centre07:40PM AEST
Tigersv36ersState Netball Hockey Centre - Melbourne07:30PM AEDT
KingsvHawksSydney Entertainment Centre07:34PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
WildcatsvRazorbacksChallenge Stadium - Perth07:00PM AWST
BulletsvSlingersBrisbane Convention Centre07:40PM AEST
s.gif
Sunday, January 7, 2007
CrocodilesvBreakersTownsville Entertainment Centre06:00PM AEST

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) Tonight's game between the Sydney Kings and NZ should be a slaughter. The Sydney Kings took it to the league leaders on Saturday night in their house, and only JUST missed out on causing a massive upset. Now the team go back home and face the league's cellar dwellers in what will be a great start to the year for the Kings in what I'm sure will be a renewed push for the finals. The Kings should have no problem accounting for the NZ'ers who's away record is abominable. I'd get on the Kings to win over 10.5!

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th)

Tonight's game between the Sydney Kings and NZ should be a slaughter. The Sydney Kings took it to the league leaders on Saturday night in their house, and only JUST missed out on causing a massive upset. Now the team go back home and face the league's cellar dwellers in what will be a great start to the year for the Kings in what I'm sure will be a renewed push for the finals. The Kings should have no problem accounting for the NZ'ers who's away record is abominable. I'd get on the Kings to win over 10.5!
Totally agree Kewell, i expect Sydney to have a big win too. Im just looking through the fixture for this week and im very confident of having a good week as there are plenty of games that look easy to pick at first glances. Especially Saturday night. The best 5 teams are all playing the worst 5 teams at home, looks pretty good. This round has the potential to be the best of the year (bar any unexepcted upsets) :ok

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) Sydney vs New Zealand Round 15 ended less than 24 hours ago and already Round 16 is apon us with Sydney hosting New Zealand in the first match of 2007. I can see only 1 winner here and thats Sydney. They were going through a bit of a bad patch a few weeks ago then they pulled one hell of a performance against the leagues top team Brisbane on Saturday night in a game that went right down to the final minutes and I expect them to carry that form into tonights home game at the Kingdome where they are always traditionally an extremely hard side to beat. New Zealands form at the moment is nothing short of terrible and they are on a run of 6 consecutive losses, but alot of those losses have been big ones. Luke Kendall & Mark Worthington played well on the weekend while Jason Smith was at his usualy best, but Ed Scott & Cam Tovey made some great cameos coming off the bench and proved they have a good future in this league. New Zealand are a tough team to work out, they have the leagues best scorer in Carlos Powell, while Ben Pepper, Brian Wethers and Paul Henare are good players but they just seem to lack team chemistry and their defence is a shambles at time conceding on average 107 points per game. I expect Sydney to win this in a big way. Sydney are short as expected at $1.17 but Over 10.5 is great value at $2.05, you can take them on the line at -11.5 at $2.10. Sydney put up 108 points against the leagues best team only 2 days ago so i expect them to score alot of points against one of the worst defences in the league, but New Zealand are capable of scoring large numbers too with Carlos Powell so the 203.5 line available at Centrebet is one ill be taking. Since we have worked out Centrebet allows us to do a double with these markets, taking the $3.90 on offer is a good choice. So check out the following: Computer Generated Predicition:

Kings26272726106
Breakers2424212695
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Sydney Over 10.5 at $2.05 - (7/10) Total Points Over 203.5 at $1.90 - (5/10) The Above in a Double at $3.90 - (5/10)

Totally agree Kewell, i expect Sydney to have a big win too. Im just looking through the fixture for this week and im very confident of having a good week as there are plenty of games that look easy to pick at first glances. Especially Saturday night. The best 5 teams are all playing the worst 5 teams at home, looks pretty good. This round has the potential to be the best of the year (bar any unexepcted upsets) :ok
Has to be the best round of the year Ads cos today is Jan 1st and this is the only round so far this year :rollin
Kings26272726106
Breakers2424212695
FT: Kings 100 Breakers 89 Predicted the actual margin Ads, great work :clap

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) I loaded up big on Sydney to win this by over 10.5 as I thought it was a simple bet that would easily get up. But boy id i get my moneys worth, that final minute felt like a life time and the remote nearly went through the tv several times as Sydney nearly stuffed me up. They turned over the ball about 4 times in that final minute which could of easily lead to New Zealand scoring. They had steals, cross court violations, out of bounds, you name it but luckily New Zealand just couldnt score. With 2 seconds left Sydney had a side ball and actually passed it straight to a New Zealand player who missed his easy shot at goal right on the buzzer which would of cost me the bet. But i get a bit of luck and get the over 10.5 up by the smallest of margins 0.5 points and a good start to the new year :clap

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) Brisbane vs Wollongong Well the Bullets proved that they are the leagues best team last round with a fantastic last quarter effort getting them over the line at home to a determined Sydney Kings side who had dominated them for the majority of the match. Just when it looked like the Kings could pull off a remarkable victory, Brisbane lifted their game to another level and came back to win by 4 points in an epic. They have an amazing lineup this season the Bullets with every single player on their roster capable of causing damage when on the court. Ebi Ere is in brilliant form at the moment while Sam McKinnon is having one of his best seasons ever for the Bullets. Dusty Rychart & CJ Bruton are both quality players, but its not their starting 5 that is making them such a good side so far this season, its the amount of depth that can come off the bench and provide a lethal weapon against opposition teams. Super Coach Joey Wright has his players rotating on and off the bench exceptionally well and it will take one hell of a performance for any team to stop them at their home court where they have a record of 10 wins from 11, making them the top ranked home team. If thats not frightening enough for the Hawks, they take many issues into this match both on & off court. On the court they have been terrible as of late winning only 1 of their past 7 matches and the leadership & team chemistry that they had earlier in the season is now non existent. Their off field problems are well documented with former coach Brendan Joyce getting the chop, former Ballarat Miner Erik Cookes has now got the gig as coach and he will have his work cut out trying to turn this team around. He has some talented players at his disposal theres no doubting that, Cortez Groves & Glenn Saville are are among the best duo in the league when they are firing, while Adam Ballinger and Matt Campbell are great players in their own right. But the way that these two teams have been playing in the past month or so, i expect a huge victory to Brisbane and it will take a very big upset for that not to occur. Brisbane are short at $1.07 which is expected while the Over 10.5 is also short at $1.63 which isnt enough value. The lines available here for Brisbane are -13 at $1.86 and -15.5 at $2.10 which offer a bit more value, but its always risky taking such big lines as 15.5 in a game of basketball, even if you expect it to be a big victory to one team. But i really expect Brisbane to give the Hawks a hiding and the only value is in the -15.5 so ill try that with medium stakes. The total points line is 208.5 and i dont believe this will be covered. Brisbane should score plenty of points but they have an awesome defence, especially at home and i dont believe the Hawks will live up to their end of the bargain. Maybe the double of Bullets -15.5 into Total Under 208.5 at $4.00 is worth a shot with smaller stakes. Computer Generated Prediction:

Bullets27282629110
Hawks2523242294
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Brisbane Lines of -13 and -15.5 at $1.86 and $2.10 - (7/10) Total Points Under 208.5 at $1.90 - (5/10) Above in a Double at around $4.00 - (4/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) Singapore vs South Melbourne Second match of the night with the later starting match between the Slingers who host the Dragons in what should be a pretty close contest. Both teams have been making a bit of noise in recent weeks as they run into a bit of good form at the right time of year. After both sides got off to appauling starts, the Dragons have risen to 7th position while the Slingers are currently 10th, but a win here would move them to 8th position (given the Bullets beat the Hawks which looks a near certainty) and give them a real shot at a finals birth in their maiden year. Singapores recent rise up the ladder can be contributed to the fantastic offensive form of Marquin Chandler and Mike Helms who average over 40 points a game between them. Ben Knight is among the best forwards in the league and is averaging about 18 points a game, but he is always a real threat to turn a game when required. Larry Davidson has the height defensively which could really cause problems for the Dragons small offensive players and Singapore have really improved at home in recent times. The thing that impresses me about the Dragons is that they have a very exciting fast running team with good depth. Rosell Ellis proved he is a superstar by winning last weeks player of the week, why Kavossy Franklin is always deadly in attack scoring points for fun at times. Shane Heal & Jake Holmes have been playing well also, but its players such as Joe Ingles & Matt Shanahan that are capable of coming off the bench and turning a game. The 18 year old sensational Joe Ingles proved this last week with a blistering performance against the Melbourne Tigers which saw the Dragons beat last years premiers by 13 points in front of a massive 10,000 strong crowd. The Dragons are a very impressive team indeed which now have form against the top teams, but this long 12 hour trip could really test them tonight and their away form is shaky at times, while they can have problems finishing a match when they need to stand tall and deliver. This one should be an epic which will be decided in the final few minutes, but i just beleive the home court advantage will favour a fatigued Dragons outfit here. Singapore just! Theres a good price on Singapore at $1.57 and the Under 10.5 is the appealing market here at $2.65. The lines available on the Slingers here are -3.5 at $1.90 and -5.5 at $2.10 and while they are more than capable of covering 5.5 points, it may be a risky bet as this one will be close. Both teams are very fast running and attacking so i expect a shootout here, so ill take the Over 203.5 at $1.90 with medium to high stakes. The Dragons are certainly capable of picking up a win here so this one is not to stake heavily in. Computer Generated Prediction:

Slingers27242727105
Dragons2525232598
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Slingers Under 10.5 at $2.65 - (3/10) Slingers Lines of -3.5 and -5.5 at $1.90 and $2.10 - (3/10) Total Points Over 203.5 - (6/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) Computer Generated Prediction:

Slingers27242727105
Dragons2525232598
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Slingers Lines of -3.5 and -5.5 at $1.90 and $2.10 - (3/10) hi mate finally got my centrebet account sorted!a quick question when you mention the lines 0f -3.5 and -5.5 do you mean to stake 3 points on each line??so a total of 6 points??

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) Id be staking 3 on either one, whichever your more confident in. In all honesty the higher line id stake maybe 2.5/10 on it as its a bit tougher. Hope that helps :ok ps. Welcome to Centrebet! Best bookie online as far as NBL goes

;676462']Ads, I use Fonbet.com and the line has 206.5 for the Slingers/Dragons game. Should i take that or adjust the points.
I would still be leaning towards over, the Dragons have hit triple figures in 7 of their past 8 matches on the road, while the Slingers have hit 109+ in each of their past 3 games at home. Both teams seem to focus on outscoring their oponents to win rather than defending so i expect a shootout. So look at taking the Over mate :ok

;676464']I don't know if u can but when AFL comes around maybe the system could generate scores for AFL games.
Funny you mention this Loki, i designed this system last year specifically for the AFL which was used with success last year. Thought id try it out with the NBL which is similar as it has 4 quarters etc, and you know how well it has gone. So the NBL system i use now was actually created based on the AFL one i made last year so look out for it come AFL time :ok

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 16 (Jan. 1st - 7th) Disasterous night with the Bullets winning 121-113 in what was a very high scoring affair. Brisbane maintained a 10-15 point buffer for the majority of the game and the lead got out to 17 points early in the final quarter, but they started mucking around with it for the last 9 minutes. Attempting 3 pointers and trying to go for silly shots, this was never going to work but because they lead by so much they were always in control, so the Hawks slowly started to take advantage of the Bullets mistakes and actually hit a few 3's themself. You could tell Brisbane were playing with the attitude that they thought the match is over so they rested their main players McKinnon & Ebi Ere for large parts of the quarters and took it easy. The margin was amazingly reduced to 3 points inside the final 90 seconds before Brisbane realised that they better be carefull, they then rallied home to win by 8 points, but they dominated the whole game pretty much. Very frustrating these sorts of games. You know Brisbane are going to win before the game because they are so much better, but they dont care if they win by 30 points or if they win by 1 point which makes it tough for us punters. If only they didnt take it easy in that last quarter... Still one game left tonight and hopefully the Slingers can get up here :ok