Haydock 16/12

2.05 Haydock : United (RP f/c 9/1) Some decent fields to choose from and very competative, one race which may not be so is the 2.05 at Haydock, i feel a few horses here are running coz of the prize money at either wrong trips or on wrong ground. The fav is a decent sort but was mainly bought as a chaser and has reverted back after a setback and may need further, Rhinestone Cowboy is very interesting but cant be backed just yet, Oscar Park a fair novice last season was kept away from very soft ground so not sure he will go on heavy, Whispered Promises is a 2 miler, only attempt at this distance got well beat and Tees Components wants 3 miles at least, the others are only average so this leaves United, thought a lot of last season, winning 3 novices in soft ground, sent to france for a big prize but it came up bottomless, been trying further distances this season and ran well behind Bold Fire (2m 6f) and then found the 3miles too much when 5th in a k62 race over the course last time. Dropped back to 2m4f should be about perfect, a very light weight and only negative for me is that L.Aspell has been claimed at Ascot so McCarthy takes over. At 9/1 i reckon its a decent EW bet.

Re: Haydock 16/12 Wild Cane Ridge - 14:35 Haydock This animal won very well in beating Mister McGoldrick LTO. Def capable of better things, starting this afternoon. Sure the trip up will test him, but he ran like a long distance chaser last time so the trip will not be a problem. Still relativley unexposed at this level, and nothing but good praise heard from trainer in last fortnight. Will be taking my money to win at 8.8 on betfair. Haitch

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.