Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Missed the first half, but have seen most of the second half and what a treat it has been!! 4 goals scored already this half in less than 40 minutes in one of the better games of the year.

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th I know this isn't the place but i really want to know infos about this AUCKLAND CITY (NZL) who participates in Japan to the tournament! Why isn't Melbourne or Adelaide playing? Aren't these clubs stronger than AUCKLAND CITY??????? Thanx for replying!

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th

I know this isn't the place but i really want to know infos about this AUCKLAND CITY (NZL) who participates in Japan to the tournament! Why isn't Melbourne or Adelaide playing? Aren't these clubs stronger than AUCKLAND CITY??????? Thanx for replying!
One would have thought so God :loon The FIFA Club World Championship supercedes the annual World Club Championship (Toyota Cup) between the champions of Europe and South America. The third Club World Championship after the first event in Brazil 2000 which featured both Manchester United and Real Madrid will be held in Japan in December 2006 and is known as the FIFA Club World Championship TOYOTA CUP. In the Club World Championship 2005 Sao Paulo FC defeated Liverpool 1-0 in the final. The tournament will run from December 10-17 2006. Club champions from Europe (Champions League winners) South America (Libertadores Cup winners) Oceania (OFC Club Championship winners) Asia (Asian Champions League winners) Africa (CAF Champions League winners) and Central and North America (CONCACAF Champions Cup winners) will compete. Be interesting to see how Auckland go against Barcelona :) I don't even know what the OFC Club Championships are to be honest God...Iceman might have an idea as he seems to know a bit about the going ons in NZ land. I know Sydney and Adelaide are the Aussie entries for some Club Championship thing in Asia in March 2007.

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Because Australia joined the Asian confederation, Australian clubs cannot go to the tournament as Oceania's representitive, which is why Auckland City went. Their tournament is over now and they will not play Barcelona. Last year Sydney FC went as Oceania's representative as we were still part of that confederation then. With regards to Sydney and Adelaide, they are Australia's entrats in the Asian version of the Champions League. Hope this helps.

Because Australia joined the Asian confederation, Australian clubs cannot go to the tournament as Oceania's representitive, which is why Auckland City went. Their tournament is over now and they will not play Barcelona. Last year Sydney FC went as Oceania's representative as we were still part of that confederation then. With regards to Sydney and Adelaide, they are Australia's entrats in the Asian version of the Champions League. Hope this helps.
Cheers Oscar :cheers All a little bit confusing really but lets hope we do ok wherever it is we play :ok

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th 9 Players have quit the NZ Knight this morning. Their licence was revoked and the FFA took control of the club. They refuse to pay the players their high salaraies and offered them a scaled down version. The players said "F*ck No" and hit the road. This means that NZ will be fielding a team made up of kiddies and part timers to come to the Telstra Dome in front of 40,000 fans and try to stop the Victory. Whilst the Victory odd's are $1.18 in some places, i'd go and load up on over 2.5 goals which is at $1.70 in some places.

9 Players have quit the NZ Knight this morning. Their licence was revoked and the FFA took control of the club. They refuse to pay the players their high salaraies and offered them a scaled down version. The players said "F*ck No" and hit the road. This means that NZ will be fielding a team made up of kiddies and part timers to come to the Telstra Dome in front of 40,000 fans and try to stop the Victory. Whilst the Victory odd's are $1.18 in some places, i'd go and load up on over 2.5 goals which is at $1.70 in some places.
What happen to them guys ? How come their licence is revoked ?

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Played 6 times before, all of them ended in draws. So for value I'd take the draw. This is just statistics though - on form the Roar are horrible and at home Mariners are very strong, so from the POV I'd like the Mariners. These are just initial thoughts, I'll post more later when I look into a little more.

9 Players have quit the NZ Knight this morning. Their licence was revoked and the FFA took control of the club. They refuse to pay the players their high salaraies and offered them a scaled down version. The players said "F*ck No" and hit the road. This means that NZ will be fielding a team made up of kiddies and part timers to come to the Telstra Dome in front of 40,000 fans and try to stop the Victory. Whilst the Victory odd's are $1.18 in some places, i'd go and load up on over 2.5 goals which is at $1.70 in some places.
The game is at Olympic Park Kewell which is actually Melbourne's home ground and it only holds around 17,000 people or so. Think they thought that the only Knights fans coming over would be family and frieds so they didn't go to Telstra Dome :lol

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th New Zealand Knights Ready to Face Victory New Zealand Knights and All Whites coach Ricki Herbert is set to lead the team for the first time against Melbourne Victory at Olympic Park on Sunday. Football Federation Australia and New Zealand Soccer officials met with the Knights squad yesterday, following Thursday's action to revoke the license from Octagon Sports Limited the former owners of the New Zealand Knights. All the players were offered new contracts by New Zealand Soccer in line with their existing conditions which would see them employed through to the end of the season. Sunday's team will include two of the Knights' New Zealand internationals with the FFA having reached agreement with the team. FFA Head of Operations Matt Carroll welcomed the positive support and involvement of Herbert. Ricki Herbert added "I'm pleased to have the opportunity to step into this role at this vital time for New Zealand Soccer in the Hyundai A-League." KNIGHTS SQUAD TO PLAY MELBOURNE VICTORY Mark PASTON (gk), Noah HICKEY, Michael White, Jonti Richter, Alen Marcina, Jonas Salley, Gao Leilei, Li Yan, Richard Johnson, Fernando Moraes, John Tambouras, Dustin Wells, Jeff Fleming, .

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Central Coast under 2.5 @ 1.77 (centrebet) CC at home: D 0-0 v Queensland D 1-1 v Newcastle W 3-1 v Sydney W 2-1 v Perth W 2-0 v Adelaide D 0-0 v Queensland W 1-0 v Perth Undefeated at home and yet to condede a goal in their last 3 home games. They have problems finishing off their chances Queensland away: W 2-3 v Newcastle D 0-0 v Central Coast L 4-1 v Melbourne D 1-1 v Sydney W 1-2 v Perth L 1-0 v New Zealand L 3-0 v Sydney Nothing flash about their away form and struggle to score. Have only scored 1 goal in their last 6 games, so don't expect much from the good CC defence. Overall the under looks very good. The only thing that stops me from backing CC is that Qld also have a decent defence and CC struggles to put away their chances. Could end up 0-0 like their first encounter so i'll take the under

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Central Coast Mariners v Queensland Roar Saturday 16 December 7.00pm AEDT (6.00pm AEST (Qld only), 6.30pm ACDT, 5.00pm AWDT) Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Central Coast Squad: 20.Danny VUKOVIC (gk), 2. Wayne O’SULLIVAN, 4. Noel SPENCER, 6. Andre GUMPRECHT, 7. John HUTCHINSON, 8. Jamie McMASTER, 9. Nik MRDJA, 10. Tom PONDELJAK, 11. Damien BROWN, 12. Stewart PETRIE, 15. Andrew CLARK, 17. Matthew OSMAN, 18. Alex WILKINSON, 19. Adam KWASNIK, 23. Mile JEDINAK, 30. Matthew TROTT (gk).*one to be omitted In: Noel Spencer (returns from injury), Matthew Osman (returns from injury) Out: Tony Vidmar (calf – 4 weeks) Vidmar will be a big loss out of the Mariner's defence Others Unavailable: John Crawley (hip – season), Nigel Boogaard (osteitis pubis – 6 weeks), Paul O’Grady (hamstring – 4 weeks) Queensland Squad: 1.Tom WILLIS (gk), 2.Andrew PACKER, 3.Remo BUESS, 5.Josh McCLOUGHAN, 6.Stuart McLAREN, 9.Simon LYNCH, 10.Ante MILICIC, 11.REINALD, 14.Ben GRIFFIN 15.Matthew McKAY, 16.Hyuk-Su SEO, 17.Damian MORI, 18.Dario VIDOSIC, 20.Liam REDDY (gk), 27.Chris GROSSMAN. In: Reinaldo (promoted) Out: Chad Gibson (omitted) Others Unavailable: Massimo Murdocca (foot injury – 4 weeks), Marcus Wedau (hamstring injury – 2 weeks) Impending stats, facts and trivia The Central Coast Mariners will be aiming to stretch their run of clean sheets (full matches without conceding a goal) to an unprecedented five Hyundai A-League matches. Last week, the Mariners became the first team to achieve four clean sheets in a row with their 1-0 win over the Glory.

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th The only value for me is the draw @ $3.65 which I have taken. Mariners DNB are a touch too short for me, whilst as BJ pointed out Mariners may struggle to score, so the match odds doesn't appeal either. Unders also looks a good bet but I don't want too much invested in this game.

I don't even know what the OFC Club Championships are to be honest God...Iceman might have an idea as he seems to know a bit about the going ons in NZ land.
It's just like any other CL, all the national champions play, Auckland city won, defeating the champions of Tahiti, New Caledonia, Fiji & Tonga amongst others. Don't be dissing it

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th CC Mariners Vs Queensland Roar

Past matches

Oct 28, 2006

A-League

Queensland

1 - 1

CC Mariners

Sep 09, 2006

A-League

CC Mariners

0 - 0

Queensland

Aug 06, 2006

A-League

Queensland

0 - 0

CC Mariners

Feb 04, 2006

A-League

Queensland

2 - 2

CC Mariners

Nov 25, 2005

A-League

CC Mariners

2 - 2

Queensland

Oct 07, 2005

A-League

Queensland

1 - 1

CC Mariners

Jul 23, 2005

A-League

CC Mariners

3 - 1

Queensland

Last six games have all been draws which is quite amazing to be honest. So the perfect pick would be the draw.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Mariners

Home

Roar

Away

Mariners home form is very good and they havn’t lost in over 12 months at home and have four clean sheets in their last eight games at home while only conceding four goals. The Roar have only scored one goal in their last six games, and they havn’t scored in their last 2 away games. To be honest the best result the Roar could hope for is a draw with big Sasa Oganovski out of their defence.

Goals Per Shot

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Total

CC Mariners

Total

Queensland Roar

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Home

CC Mariners

Away

Queensland Roar

Considering the Mariners did not score a goal until Round 5 they have very good shots for goal percentages. They score a goal every 10 shots in total compared to the Roar. They both score a goal around every 9 shots home and away. Queensland have had 195 shots at home but on the road they have only managed 67 which indicates to me they will struggle to win this game tonight.

Times Goals Scored

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Total

CC Mariners

5 - 4

2 - 2

3 - 0

3 - 6

1 - 0

4 - 5

Total

Queensland Roar

4 - 4

1 - 5

1 - 3

3 - 3

1 - 2

7 - 3

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Home

CC Mariners

3 - 1

0 - 0

1 - 0

3 - 1

0 - 0

2 - 1

Away

Queensland Roar

3 - 3

1 - 3

1 - 2

1 - 1

0 - 1

1 - 2

More damning stats for the Roar as the Mariners have three periods of play at home where they have not conceded a goal all season and that means statistically the Roar have only 45 minutes to get a result in this game. Having said that, there is also three periods in the game where the home side has only scored one goal. The first 15 minutes could produce a goal and it could be a tight contest from there.

Vidmar will be a loss for Mariners but it is offset by big Sasa out for the Roar. Noel Spencer and Matthew Osman return from injury for CCM while Reinaldo gets another gig at the Roar

Current Odds

X

CC Mariners

1-70

3-40

3-75

Queensland

I am hitting the home team here as it is their 4th game in a row at home and they are quite settled now and playing great football. They outplayed Adelaide 3 weeks ago, drew with Sydney while looking the better team 2 weeks ago, and last week ground out a good 1-0 win against a gallant Perth.

The Roar away from home are simply not good enough, and while they will be competitive I expect them to go down fighting. The Mariners should not lose this game, at worst they will draw, but they are a good side playing in good form, scoring goals regularly, and winning games, and playing at home which is their fortress. All great reasons to be on them tonight.

BET Central Coast Mariners Straight Out to Win @ $1-70 Mariners\Mariners HT:FT Double @ $2-85 Mariners to Win 1-0 @ $8-00 Mariners to Win 2-0 @ $7-00

The only value for me is the draw @ $3.65 which I have taken. Mariners DNB are a touch too short for me' date=' whilst as BJ pointed out Mariners may struggle to score, so the match odds doesn't appeal either. Unders also looks a good bet but I don't want too much invested in this game.[/quote'] :loon I didn't say the Mariners would struggle to score. They have scored 18 goals in their last 14 games and tend to score well at home. It's the Roar who will struggle to score for mine, especially away, as they have only kicked 2 goals in their last 8 games, and havn't scored a goal their last two away games. The Mariners top form in general and thier superb home form entitle's them to be heavy favourites here.

It's just like any other CL, all the national champions play, Auckland city won, defeating the champions of Tahiti, New Caledonia, Fiji & Tonga amongst others. Don't be dissing it
Don't think anyone was dissing it, just didn't know what it was. So it would be classed as an Asian/Oceania Champion's type League would it not? I have never heard of it before, but i have really only been following the soccer over here this year so may be the reason why. Looks like Auckland didn't disgrace themselves anyways :cheers Have you heard any NZ Knights fall out talk in NZ at all Fools?

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Central Coast Mariners v Queensland Roar A League Website review of game Previous meeting Queensland 1 Central Coast 1 (Suncorp Stadium, Hyundai A-League round 10, October 2006) Last five results Central Coast: Loss - Win - Win - Draw - Win Queensland: Loss - Loss - Loss - Win - Loss Analysis To say Queensland Roar will be glad to get on the road following an uneasy spell of home matches is an understatement but now its misfiring strike force has the job of finding a way past a watertight Central Coast Mariners rearguard. This must-win clash for the Queenslanders is in essence a must-score with even a draw likely to create more space between the also-rans and the true playoff contenders. For the Roar the numbers make dismal reading with Frank Farina's side now having failed to score in half of its league games this season, including a run of just one strike - Matt McKay's wondergoal against Perth - since it last played the Mariners seven rounds ago. Former Central Coast striker Damian Mori, who scored six times in eight outings for the Mariners, has had his chances but even his presence and the return of former Scotland under-21 forward Simon Lynch has made little difference upfront. Spase Dilevski was sorely missed last Thursday when Newcastle ran the Roar ragged and the bad news is the 21-year-old hasn't been able to recover in time from a bruised heel. Defender Sasa Ognenovski is also still missing with an ankle injury with Farina contemplating lining up with just three at the back and five in midfield against the Central Coast. Chad Gibson, who was substituted at half-time last week, is left out of the squad altogether with Korean Hyuk-Su Seo likely to resume playing in central midfield. Striker Reinaldo is promoted. The Mariners, unbeaten at home this season, have their own problems in central defence with Tony Vidmar suffering a reoccurrence of a calf strain against Perth, an injury which will see him out until the new year. Paul O'Grady continues his recuperation from a hamstring injury so veteran defender Andrew Clark is expected to partner stand-in skipper Alex Wilkinson in a defence which has now gone a Hyundai A-League record 371 minutes without conceding a goal. Coach Lawrie McKinna adds club captain Noel Spencer, who has missed a month with a knee injury, and utility Matthew Osman to his squad with combative midfielder Jamie McMaster under consideration for a return despite the impressive displays of Mile Jedinak.

:loon I didn't say the Mariners would struggle to score. They have scored 18 goals in their last 14 games and tend to score well at home. It's the Roar who will struggle to score for mine' date=' especially away, as they have only kicked 2 goals in their last 8 games, and havn't scored a goal their last two away games. The Mariners top form in general and thier superb home form entitle's them to be heavy favourites here.[/quote'] My mistake, I was referring to the comments of Blackcrow. The Mariners win bet should be right, but I can't resist the draw bet!