** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Pick: Sydney Looks like we have a few 'tards here so back at you with a homie pick for Sydney :ok Sydney are out for revenge and to spoil the party for Melbourne. The difference here between the SYdey now and the one that lost twice to Melbourne is that there is now 11 fit players and the team is in form. While i rate Melbourne's strike force they are going to have it pretty difficult with the experience of Rudan and Milligan to a lesser extent. I think Sydney's midfield shades Melbourne's only because Brebner is out. He gave them alot more stability there and i doubt Pantelides will have the same influence. As for Melbourne's back four, alot of inexperience that has done well for them but this is a big game with a big crowd and it is not unusual for the younger ones to lose their head. If Zdrilic (and hopefully Petrovski plays) get the necessary support fom their midfield, then they will find holes in the Melbourne's back four. Credit to Melbourne for what they have achieved this year but the champagne corks will need to wait another week before they get popped. Also over 2.5 looks very tempting.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th

Pick: Sydney Looks like we have a few 'tards here so back at you with a homie pick for Sydney :ok Sydney are out for revenge and to spoil the party for Melbourne. The difference here between the SYdey now and the one that lost twice to Melbourne is that there is now 11 fit players and the team is in form. While i rate Melbourne's strike force they are going to have it pretty difficult with the experience of Rudan and Milligan to a lesser extent. I think Sydney's midfield shades Melbourne's only because Brebner is out. He gave them alot more stability there and i doubt Pantelides will have the same influence. As for Melbourne's back four, alot of inexperience that has done well for them but this is a big game with a big crowd and it is not unusual for the younger ones to lose their head. If Zdrilic (and hopefully Petrovski plays) get the necessary support fom their midfield, then they will find holes in the Melbourne's back four. Credit to Melbourne for what they have achieved this year but the champagne corks will need to wait another week before they get popped. Also over 2.5 looks very tempting.
Great review Blackcrow :ok You are right about Sydney having a full fit team and they are definitely great odds, even for a +1 handicap bet. Over 2.5 looks a standout I believe as they will both be attacking and goals should be a happening thing. Hopefully the loud boos of 45,000 people everytime Sydney goes near the ball will result in the champagne bottles being mentally broken and the Victory faithful end up celebrating with beer and spirits :rollin

Great review Blackcrow :ok You are right about Sydney having a full fit team and they are definitely great odds, even for a +1 handicap bet. Over 2.5 looks a standout I believe as they will both be attacking and goals should be a happening thing. Hopefully the loud boos of 45,000 people everytime Sydney goes near the ball will result in the champagne bottles being mentally broken and the Victory faithful end up celebrating with beer and spirits :rollin
Hi Brother any goal for 1st half? Thank You

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th 0-0 almost 15 minutes in. Melbourne is dominating posession but yet to shoot. Keep informed with this Domm. Either live stats or audio. Radio: SEN 1116AM (Melbourne) www.sen.com.au Click on the radio on the top right where it says "Listen Live" You can also get Live Game Stats HERE when the game actually starts. Just click on "Live" link

0-0 almost 15 minutes in. Melbourne is dominating posession but yet to shoot. Keep informed with this Domm. Either live stats or audio. Radio: SEN 1116AM (Melbourne) www.sen.com.au Click on the radio on the top right where it says "Listen Live" You can also get Live Game Stats HERE when the game actually starts. Just click on "Live" link
Brother Thank You so much

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th It's a pity the game ended up a bit of a dud, with the record crowd in it's a shame the game didn't live up to the pre-match hype. The first half was a bore, second half Melbourne had a only two good chances but couldn't put them away, as i said with only two yellow cards the game was a dud.

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Just got back from watching the game live. Absolutely unbelievable crowd of 50,333 proving football has finally arrived in Australia as that broke the biggest crowd of all time in Australian domestic soccer history. Unbelievable buzz for the whole game and ive never seen anything quite like it. The game was fairly tame throughout the night, neither team really created many chances and it was more a game of defence rather than attack. Melbournes home form has become a bit shaky now winning only 1 of their past 5. They will take home the minor premiership no worries but they cant afford to relax because they really do not create enough scoring opportunities. Sydney are the same to some extent. But really this was a victory to Australian football, if we can keep these sort of crowds coming through the gates then we really will have a strong and powerful compitition worthy of attracting some big name players. I mean where else can Aussie player playing abroad play in front of 50,000 packed crowds??

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Went down to the game tonight and what a borefest it was :@ A crowd of 50,333 and thats the only good thing about it, although the atmosphere was great. Terry Butcher! Your team needs to harden the fcuk up!!! Any of your players get tackled and they fall over as if they are shot, or as if they are Italian :puke

Went down to the game tonight and what a borefest it was :@ A crowd of 50,333 and thats the only good thing about it, although the atmosphere was great. Terry Butcher! Your team needs to harden the fcuk up!!! Any of your players get tackled and they fall over as if they are shot, or as if they are Italian :puke
:lol there is nothing wrong with being italian:lol

:lol there is nothing wrong with being italian:lol
Eeeks forgot I wrote that :loon Nah Italians are great as i have many friends who are Italians. But don't need players falling to gorund for cheap free kicks over here. Earn them and you will get them.

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Central Coast - Perth Pick: Central Coast win @ 1.80 (Centrebet) CC at home: 3W-3D-0L (8-3) Perth away: 1W-1D-6L (7-14) CC at home: D 0-0 v Queensland D 1-1 v Newcastle W 3-1 v Sydney W 2-1 v Perth W 2-0 v Adelaide D 0-0 v Sydney Undefeated at home and have already beaten Perth at home. Rarely concede but do create the chances so a goal or two is very possible Perth away: L 3-0 v Queensland L 3-0 v Adelaide W 0-3 v Newcastle L 2-1 v Central Coast D 1-1 v Sydney L 3-2 v Adelaide L 1-0 v Melbounre L 1-0 v Queensland Of their last 4 losses away from home, they have been each by only a goal. Pick: Central Coast to edge this by a goal, probably 1-0

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Adelaide v New Zealand Pick: Adelaide -1.5 @ 1.60 (Centrebet) Adelaide at home: 5W-0D-2L (20-13) NZ away: 0W-0D-6L (3-21) Adelaide at home: W 5-1 v Newcastle W 3-0 v Perth L 1-4 v Sydney W 3-1 v Central Coast W 4-2 v New Zealand W 3-2 v Perth L 1-3 v Melbourne Every game has gone over so this trend is likely to continue. However NZ struggle to score (even though they did score 2 goals last time they played in Adelaide) so in order for that to continue they would need to score 3 goals themselves. Interesting note is that when Adelaide wins at home they have scored at least 3 goals and they win by a margin of 2 goals. I prefer the option for Adelaide to win by 2 or more just in case they miss too many chances and don't get the third goal. NZ away: L 1-0 v Queensland L 1-0 v Perth L 3-0 v Newcastle L 4-2 v Adelaide L 4-0 v Sydney L 4-1 v Perth Another good pick could be Adelaide to win 4-0 (9.00 @ centrebet) since NZ have conceded 4 goals in their last 3 away games.

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Id certainly be looking to back Central Coast here. They are a good side at home while Perth arent travelling really well at the moment. If thats true about Despotovski and Lazarides out, then i suggest staking high on the Central Coast result

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Intereting weather facts about the Adelaide Vs Knights match :

Temperature26.4°C
Dew Point12.0°C
Relative Humidity41%
Wind Speed14.8km/h (8.0kt)
Wind Gusts24.1km/h (13.0kt)
Wind DirectionSSW
Pressure1015.9hPa
Rain Since 9AM0.0mm
the knights statistically play better when they have SSW wind direction.....in matches they have played this season they have perfomed much better whilst having the aid of this particular wind direction. Taking this into account I think this is a massive aid to there game & expect them too win comfortably tonight;) They go into the match with better form than their opponents over recent weeks & should explode with a goal scoring frenzy:cheers therefore IMO they are an absolute teal @$13 with centrebet. good luck to all I am banking on this one to come up for sure:hope