Contrary System (US Sports based)

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Hi Valiant23 thanks for the welcome I think i noticed it 2ATS for nba ? When did you change it to 3ATS and how long did you analyse the results before you worked out it was 3ats now ? thanks again :nana

In NBA I will wait until a team is winning or losing at least 3 ATS, but with NFL I will do so after 2. As long as one of the teams in any fixture are in the middle of these streaks I will make it a pick. The only time I don't is if a losing team plays another or a winning team plays another.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based)

New Jersey have lost 3 ATS New Jersey Nets(+1.5) @ Philadelphia 76ers @ 1.95 Betfair :( Denver have lost 6 ATS Phoenix Suns @ Denver Nuggets(+9)* @ 1.9 BetDirect :D 2 x 10pt bets=20pts staked
1 winner 1 loser 20pts staked 19pts returned Current bank:1194.80 Total staked:2710 Number of bets:271 Winning bets:144 Losing bets:118 Push bets:9 Strike rate:53.14% Yield:7.23% Profit (or Loss):194.80 -------------------------------------------------------------- Portland have won 3 ATS Phoenix Suns(-3.5) @ Portland Trailblazers @ 2.00 Coral 10pts staked :hope

1 winner 1 loser 20pts staked 19pts returned Current bank:1194.80 Total staked:2710 Number of bets:271 Winning bets:144 Losing bets:118 Push bets:9 Strike rate:53.14% Yield:7.23% Profit (or Loss):194.80 -------------------------------------------------------------- Portland have won 3 ATS Phoenix Suns(-3.5) @ Portland Trailblazers@ 2.00 Coral 10pts staked :hope
1 winner 20pts returned Guess who got caught up playing poker and forgot to place his bet? :$ :\ Current bank:1204.80 Total staked:2720 Number of bets:272 Winning bets:145 Losing bets:118 Push bets:9 Strike rate:53.31% Yield:7.53% Profit (or Loss):204.80

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) I think Seattle had a push in the middle of the losing ATS streak so I don't think that will be one mate, but I had a quick look earlier and noticed 3 games so you're probably right. :ok I'll have a look and get back to you shortly. ;)

I think Seattle had a push in the middle of the losing ATS streak so I don't think that will be one mate, but I had a quick look earlier and noticed 3 games so you're probably right. :ok I'll have a look and get back to you shortly. ;)
Yeah I was thinking whether seattle qualified. So strictly only 3ATS win/lose. :nana Im starting to love this tread, got a feeling this will make me quite a few bob, Thanks for sharing :hope

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Well I'm enjoying myself with it too. :D New jersey have lost 4 ATS New Jersey(+1) @ Atlanta Hawks @ 1.9 10bet San Antonio have lost 3 ATS San Antonio(-4) @ Washington Wizards @ 1.9 BetFred Toronto Raptors have won 3 ATS (Orland have also lost 2 which is fine, but if they had won 2 I wouldn't have it as a pick) Orlando Magic(+6) @ toronto Raptors @ 1.9 BetDirect 3 x 10pt bets=30pts staked :hope

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Hi Valiant, I thought you were playing teams who are playing against each others ATS. So With New Jersey who is -4 and Atlanta who is -1, both teams have losing ATS. So, i don't understand this well. And what if New Jersey had a push in last Match, you still select these one?

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Well Statfox said so but the best line I could get was +1.5. They lost by 2 so I count that as a loss. I do play opposing streaks, but I do not count it if the 'streak' is only 1 game. So if Atlanta were 2L I could not choose it.

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Tell me if i'm wrong: So you only pick following plays: Team A with ATS of +3, +4, +5 etc... against Team B with ATS of +1, push, -1, -2, -3, etc.... and Team A with ATS of -3, -4, -5 etc... against Team B with ATS of -1, push, +1, +2, +3, etc...

1 winner 20pts returned Guess who got caught up playing poker and forgot to place his bet? :$ :\ Current bank:1204.80 Total staked:2720 Number of bets:272 Winning bets:145 Losing bets:118 Push bets:9 Strike rate:53.31% Yield:7.53% Profit (or Loss):204.80
if it helps, i used it on your tips my money thread :ok:clap dont forget to place tonights bets mate :tongue2

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Hi Valiant, This is really impressive work and I want to congratulate you... but, I think you should back your system with stats. I usually use bet on your tips, but use an extra hints like for example: San Antonio game; SAN was well well rested and with victory feeling (bad results lately), and WAS was without Jamison (not for the first game) and playing a lot of though games lately. So this was as you predicted SAN. Orlando game; this was evidently a TOR game ATS since they are in top shape lately, and ORL aren´t. Plus, ORl was playing b2b (which we know that for EAST teams is like the devil). So TOR beat the ATS. Don´t get me wrong, I am just a rookie feeding out of your forums... and in my humble opinion, your system with a few extra factors is a winner for all times... Regards, Bangb

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Interesting, but... Now we all know your opinion is well, but this system works when things going strange. When things going "normaly", you don't need system. Everybody knows who is Jamison and "Toronto is on fire". But, you will see when things going strange, only Valiant will win. That's statistical evidence, not my opinion. I know, my english is horrible, but I hope you will understand what I am try to talk.

Tell me if i'm wrong: So you only pick following plays: Team A with ATS of +3, +4, +5 etc... against Team B with ATS of +1, push, -1, -2, -3, etc.... and Team A with ATS of -3, -4, -5 etc... against Team B with ATS of -1, push, +1, +2, +3, etc...
That looks good to me A3ke. :ok
if it helps, i used it on your tips my money thread :ok:clap dont forget to place tonights bets mate :tongue2
Oh yeah mate I'm pleased for you honestly, and
Hi Valiant, This is really impressive work and I want to congratulate you... but, I think you should back your system with stats. I usually use bet on your tips, but use an extra hints like for example: San Antonio game; SAN was well well rested and with victory feeling (bad results lately), and WAS was without Jamison (not for the first game) and playing a lot of though games lately. So this was as you predicted SAN. Orlando game; this was evidently a TOR game ATS since they are in top shape lately, and ORL aren´t. Plus, ORl was playing b2b (which we know that for EAST teams is like the devil). So TOR beat the ATS. Don´t get me wrong, I am just a rookie feeding out of your forums... and in my humble opinion, your system with a few extra factors is a winner for all times... Regards, Bangb
Funny you should say this Bangb. When I was working on my figures last week I was talking to El Stuart, and he wondered whether it is better to have no knowledge of a sport but a decent system, or whether a knowledgeable punter can beat a system every time. Personally I think it helps me that I have no knowledge of NBA, and this system has caused me problems when it has put up a pick on NFL that I haven't agreed with. However others use statistics like the ones in this thread to good effect to help them make there decisions. PS. :welcome to the PL and thanks for posting.
New jersey have lost 4 ATS New Jersey(+1) @ Atlanta Hawks @ 1.9 10bet :D San Antonio have lost 3 ATS San Antonio(-4) @ Washington Wizards @ 1.9 BetFred :D Toronto Raptors have won 3 ATS (Orland have also lost 2 which is fine, but if they had won 2 I wouldn't have it as a pick) Orlando Magic(+6) @ toronto Raptors @ 1.9 BetDirect :( 3 x 10pt bets=30pts staked :hope
2 winners 1 loser 30pts staked 38pts returned. Current bank:1212.80 Total staked:2750 Number of bets:275 Winning bets:147 Losing bets:119 Push bets:9 Strike rate:53.45% Yield:7.74% Profit (or Loss):212.80

Interesting' date=' but... Now we all know your opinion is well, but this system works when things going strange. When things going "normaly", you don't need system. Everybody knows who is Jamison and "Toronto is on fire". But, you will see when things going strange, only Valiant will win. That's statistical evidence, not my opinion. I know, my english is horrible, but I hope you will understand what I am try to talk.[/quote'] I guess you are rigth, As I told earlier I am still a rookie and I am trying to learn as much as I can... I will keep a sharp eye, the most dificult thing for me is to bet against the reason in my head... but like you said sometimes it does not go as planned. Bangb

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Thanks for the welcome... I will keep my focus on your threads, they seem pretty reasonable... I hope you guys have something similar for baseball, I have tryed to come up with a good system but I couldn´t... Good luck for everyone today, I will sit this night off because the games are too close for me.

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Interesting to see what seems to be a good system on a public forum can do.. The market have started to adjust the spreads to this it seems. I noticed lately that pretty much ALL early money goes on these selections driving them all down by atleast 1/2 pts(all todays picks are already down by atleast 1/2 point since opening). I'm affraid it wont be long before we will start seeing alot worse results with the system, due to masses forces the market to adjust to it.

Re: Contrary System (US Sports based) Orlando have lost 3 ATS San Antonio Spurs @ Orlando Magic(+6.5) @ 1.95 VC bet Toronto have won 4 ATS LA Lakers(+4.5) @ Toronto Raptors @ 1.9 Paddy Power LA Clippers have lost 3 ATS LA Clippers(+1.5) @ Philadelphia 76ers @ 1.93 Expekt Memphis Grizzlies have lost 3 ATS Minnesota Timberwolves @ Memphis Grizzlies(+1.5) @ 2.00 Betfair Miami Heat have won 3 ATS Miami Heat @ Cleveland Cavaliers(-2.5) @ 2.02 Betfair Chicago Bulls have lost 3 ATS Chicago Bulls(+1.5) @ Golden State Warriors @ 1.93 Expekt 6 x 10pt bets :hope

Sacramento have won 3 ATS* Chicago Bulls(+2.5) @ Sacramento Kings @ 1.9 BetDirect *Statfox says W-P-W but the Push was on a 7pt game. The best I got was 5 and so Sacramento won. 10pts staked :hope
1 loser ========================================================
Valiant' date=' what's wrong with NHL? They have so many strange results?! Contrary system in NHL, is it possible?[/quote']I have thought about NHL and MLB but I am pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to look into it. Although what is against us for MLB is that the same teams play a series of games against each other. Statfox (adjusted when I remember) Well it would be good for my ego to think this system is affecting prices but I know of only one that does so, and that is Slapdash's System ( :notworthy ). I would be very surprised if UK bookmakers do change their markets on the basis of this thread over the expertise of the Vegas linemakers, who I believe lead the way in setting the lines and the others follow. I was going to say something else but I don't want to jinx anyone, so I'll stick to this; :hope

Orlando have lost 3 ATS San Antonio Spurs @ Orlando Magic(+6.5) @ 1.95 VC bet Toronto have won 4 ATS LA Lakers(+4.5) @ Toronto Raptors @ 1.9 Paddy Power LA Clippers have lost 3 ATS LA Clippers(+1.5) @ Philadelphia 76ers @ 1.93 Expekt Memphis Grizzlies have lost 3 ATS Minnesota Timberwolves @ Memphis Grizzlies(+1.5) @ 2.00 Betfair Miami Heat have won 3 ATS Miami Heat @ Cleveland Cavaliers(-2.5) @ 2.02 Betfair Chicago Bulls have lost 3 ATS Chicago Bulls(+1.5) @ Golden State Warriors @ 1.93 Expekt 6 x 10pt bets :hope
5 out of 6 so far... I take my hat off for your system. I will use it from know on. :clap:clap:clap:clap