PDC World Darts Championship

Re: PDC World Darts Championship

Anybody here do correct score combination bets? Say if I picked 2 scores in 4 matches. How is the bet written out to cover all the trebles and any accumulator? Thanks
You mean on a betting slip? Just put something like: PDC Championship Set Betting Round 3 matches Taylor 4-1 @1/2 or 4-3 @5/1 Barney 4-0 @8/11 or 4-1 @4/1 Mason 4-2 @4/1 or 4-3 @9/2 Hamilton 4-3 @11/2 or 4-0 @12/1 Perm any 2 from 4 24 bets

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC World Darts Championship 2 for Wednesday to begin with. 10pts D.Ladley +2.5 sets to beat J.Wade 4/5 Bet365 James Wade didn't look too impressive in his 1st round match with Warren French but he won 3-1. He only averaged an indifferent 81.45 too. Normally I don't take much notice of 1st round matches but Wade wasn't too convincing in the Grand Prix either. He made his TV breakthrough in the Matchplay but signs since are that he may not yet have settled on the TV stage. I'm not doubting he's a class act but that match was the 1st he's won here and he could still be getting used to the stage and surroundings. Dave Ladley impressed me against Lionel Sams. Sams missed a few doubles but Ladley looks to have a good action and was confident. He averaged 85 in that match winning 3-1 and he has nothing to lose here. We've not yet seen a real tonking in this round and I can easily see Ladley getting 2 sets here. The game is 1st on which may benefit Ladley more than Wade. 10pts A.Smith to beat A.Jenkins 6/4 Ladbrokes Andy Jenkins has never been past the 2nd round here so he will be eager to rest that ghost. However he'll have to improve on his 1st match despite beating Bill Davis 3-1 there was little to get excited about for fans of Rocky. Jenkins' father passed away not so long ago so he'll be using that as motivation for this match. Andy Smith's a very good darts player, he may not yet have fully made the breakthrough on TV but that will come soon I'm sure. He practices with Terry Jenkins and is a heavy scorer on his day. He's been past this round before and I expect to see the Pieman progress into the last 16 here.

stereoman no doubt about it the last quarter is the tough one' date=' however i will disaggre with you making wade favourite...[/quote'] Don't think I did... ...what I didn't do, was suggest who should be favourite instead. What a monumental couple of days' worth of second-round matches we've had so far! :loon Epics, marathons, awesome displays of concentration, more than a fair few 180s and a few minor upsets...can this pace be kept up!? :eek Seventh day's set of matches, 3-dart averages of previous match plus match times (prices from Ladbrokes): Second round matches - 2/9 James Wade (81.45) vs Dave Ladley (85.53) 3/1 12:10 1/7 Dennis Priestley (91.12) vs Per Laursen (86.78) 4/1 14:00 4/7 Colin Osborne (86.62) vs Wesley Newton (85.08) 5/4 15:30 1/2 Andy Jenkins (84.43) vs Andy Smith (75.99) 6/4 18:10 1/4 Roland Scholten (89.89) vs Alex Roy (85.21) 11/4 19:45 Third round match - 1/25 Raymond van Barneveld (96.13) vs Rico Vonck (78.47) 8/1 21:15 Wade, Priestley and Osbourne all to win? 5/4 Hmmm. Slightly difficult to gauge. I think I'll up the ante and improve on kev's suggestion that the banana skin of the day could actually be in the first match but it's purely wishful thinking on my behalf as the real James Wade should eventually wake up. Why is Colin Osbourne only 4/7!? I'm slightly nervous about that. Newton's no mug but I'm opposite to kev's opinion and I'd have expected something as harsh as Osbourne 4/9, Newton 13/8. They're dangling a carrot or it's a nasty orange-coloured stick. Jenkins-Smith should be a gritty match. I think Jenkins should just about prevail despite his previous history of being a bit of a bottler. The price is skinny to get involved with. I've no idea why but I'm thinking Roy could give Scholten some minor hassle. I'm not feeling lucky at all so good luck fellas on whatever bets you're doing.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship after yesterdays success i,m going to post my opinion on todays games Wade v Ladley, there is no way way wade is odds on for this gameyes, i would expect him to win but odds are too short. Priestley v Laursen, i reckon this may be the on whitewash in this round, Laursen was last year playing in the BDO at Lakeside, and to get this far on his debut is an excellent achievement but Denis will slow him down and knock out his rythym can't see anything other than a Priestley win ( 4-0) Osborne v Newton, for me tough to call, both in the same area of the rankings, and both will fancy themselves here this is tight but if i'm pushed i will go for osborne to shade it. Jenkins V Smith as i posted before go for Smith, Jenks tends to let his head go down, Sholton v Roy, i am not a fan of the Dutchman,and i aint that keen on the Mouth either, however this game will be interesting as Roy is a quick thrower and Sholton has been known to slow opponents down indee i have known of him to have been warned by referees over his actions, this being the case i will go for the Dutchman, as if he is slowed Roy will let it get to him

Re: PDC World Darts Championship 1 more for tonight. 10pts Scholten vs Roy - Over 9.5 180's 11/10 Ladbrokes This match has the makings of a real cracker. If Alex Roy plays well he can easily take this the distance. Both of the players know where the treble 20 is and aren't afraid to pummel it. Scholten's arguably the biggest 180 scorer in the game and Roy scores his fair share. I see this match going at least 6 sets and assuming I'm right then they will bring this bet in.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship A 10th 180 in the sudden death leg gave me a needed profit on the day. 3 for Thursday. 10pts D.Webster to beat W.Havenga 8/11 Skybet South African newcomer Wynand Havenga has done very well to get to this stage of the competition but he's lived a charmed life and has been very lucky that both his opponents thus far didn't bring their A, B or even C games against him. Webster isn't good enough to disrespect this guy so he should get a real game here. This is a massive match in the life of Darren Webster. The PDC rankings go into a golf like money order from 2007 so every match that Webster wins here will put him up several places on the rankings list and give him a chance of making the major events a lot more. Havenga isn't going to be seen on the circuit again so that's not a factor for him. Webster has also been fortunate that he hasn't been fully tested yet either but his game has been solid all week and I think he'll see off the South African and make the quarter finals. 10pts C.Osbourne to beat R.Scholten 13/8 Stan James Colin Osbourne has been impressive so far this week, he's beaten Kevin Painter and Wes Newton well. He's struggled a little bit on his doubles but his scoring's been so good that he's got away with it. Osbourne has pedigree on the circuit having hit 2 9 darters and won a couple of titles and he's classy enough to see off Scholten here. Scholten hasn't looked himself so far in this tournament. He really struggled against Alex Roy but battled through. He'll need to up his game here though. We know how heavy he can score but he'll need to not only do that but hit his doubles regularly too otherwise "The Wizard" will put him in a spell he can't get out of. 10pts T.Jenkins to beat J.Wade 10/11 Skybet Here we come to the battle of the last 2 major event finalists. Both are undoubtedly class players but Wade hasn't looked at home on this stage at all yet. He really struggled to see off Dave Ladley in the last round and could easily have gone out. He's got the game in him but as yet in his career it's not been produced on this stage. Tucker Jenkins by contrast has looked good. He's averaged over 100 at times in both his matches and has just the right temperament to deal with Wade. If Wade doesn't play well Jenkins will play the board and do a job on him, if he does Jenkins will bring out his A-game. Jenkins has had a terrific year and I very much see it continuing here.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship Nice and clean that link is, cloud. Me? I've been reading the reports/match summaries off of Planet Darts with the added stats of 100+s, 140+s and 180s they've got as well as watching the highlights. I suppose I'd also like to know just because I'm like that, the percentage of checkout/doubles success. Very annoyed I missed off Askew/Tabern off but then again so did Ladbrokes at the time of writing. Eighth day's set of matches, 3-dart averages of previous match plus match times (prices from Ladbrokes): 4/7 Darren Webster (89.14) vs Wynand Havenga (84.39) 5/4 12:10 1/2 Roland Scholten (91.64) vs Colin Osborne (90.32) 6/4 14:00 1/6 Adrian Lewis (96.46) vs Andy Jenkins (84.44) 7/2 15:30 8/11 Terry Jenkins (91.33) vs James Wade (83.36) evens 19:10 1/25 Phil Taylor (109.00) vs C Mason (90.49) 8/1 20:45 8/15 Andy Hamilton (95.29) vs Dennis Priestley (89.76) 11/8 22:15 Webster, Scholten and Lewis all to win? 15/8? T Jenkins, Taylor and Hamilton all to win? 15/8? * I don't expect Webster will mess around like Maish and Manley did and will try and kill this match off pretty quickly. He'll lose a set or two but Webster should come back thumping. * Osborne will hassle Scholten just as much as Roy did but Scholten should prevail. * One would expect Lewis not to have too much trouble against Andy Jenkins. * Two guys who've been hyped up a bit, meet at this stage. I think Wade should have lost yesterday but he was lucky, Ladley wasn't particularly consistent. Jenkins should win. * I expect Priestley to step it up (particularly if it's the Priestley that occasionally turns up against Taylor) and it could easily be the match of the day. I expect Hamilton to just about go through in yet another final set thriller but 8/15 is a bit insulting to Priestley as I don't think Hamilton is that much of a favourite. Yeah, I'd go along with kev and go for a Webster and Terry Jenkins win double. ===== I've decided to have a go at the 'who'll get the more 180s?' market over at Betfred which offers no bargains. Adrian Lewis is 1/2 to get more 180s than Andy Jenkins (9/4, the tie 6/1)? I'll have some of that. Wynand Havenga 13/8 to get more 180s than Darren Webster (4/5, the tie 9/2)? Okay-dokey, I'll try that.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship Cheers Gaz, this is basically a final for these 2 because neither of them are going to trouble Taylor in the next round. Webster's played well in the tournament to date so hopefully he can do it once more! 1 more bet to add. 10pts Scholten vs Osbourne - Over 10.5 180's 5/6 Blue Square This match has the makings of being yet another close contest at these championships. Both score 180's at a fair lick. Both have played 10 sets in the tournament so far and Osbourne's hit 11 180's in those sets and Scholten 12 in his 2 matches, so both are averaging over 5 180's a match. Scholten didn't play that well last night and still hit 8 180's while Osbourne has a lovely throw which if he pins the top of the treble with his 1st dart 2 more usually follow it. 2 high scorer's should well produce a 180 fest and I'm on the overs here. You can get 1.6 on Over 9.5 180's at Sporting Odds but I'll take my chances with the extra one.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship Can someone please lock Rod Harrington in a room and make him listen to his own commentaries? Better still ban him from commentating! I swear if I hear "hockey", "set the shot up", "pressurise the shot" or "miss big numbers" again this week I'm gonna end up smashing my TV to pieces :wall :wall :wall

Re: PDC World Darts Championship Awesome display from Andy Jenkins. Backers of Adrian Lewis at 66/1 ON when he was 2-0 up are more than a little upset...I know I would be! I've really got to get into this laying on the exchanges lark. :eyes Last year, I think Lewis self-capitalated as much as being under the spell of the 'mind games' of Peter Manley got to him. This year he was cocky and seemingly a bit too arrogant and Jenkins upped his game enormously. I wonder what prices are available for Jenkins-Osborne? I expect Osborne backers might be a little nervous. Scholten didn't turn up for most of the match. One assumes he just doesn't like playing Osborne. If I'd have known about their previous H2H, I'd have been all over the odds against for Osborne like billy-o. :\

Awesome display from Andy Jenkins. Backers of Adrian Lewis at 66/1 ON when he was 2-0 up are more than a little upset...I know I would be! I've really got to get into this laying on the exchanges lark. :eyes Last year, I think Lewis self-capitalated as much as being under the spell of the 'mind games' of Peter Manley got to him. This year he was cocky and seemingly a bit too arrogant and Jenkins upped his game enormously. I wonder what prices are available for Jenkins-Osborne? I expect Osborne backers might be a little nervous.
yeh Jenkins was superb today, he wasnt just playing any old player - but Adrian Lewis. AJ really surprised me but now I think he can go on and win his QF match against Osbourne. In fact, I'sd say hes a major threat to potentially barney in the semis. Osbourne has been ok in this tourney but he hasnt been spectacular. The H2H against Sholten was mentioned and the Dutchman clearly panic. Osbourne in the 2nd round was terrible on the doubles and I cant see him beating Jenkins. I think Jenkins could potentially be one of best bets of the tourney in this game :ok

Re: PDC World Darts Championship Gave this one a bit of thought and have decided the value is too big. 10pts D.Priestley to score more 180's than A.Hamilton 5/2 Stan James This is a great price on one of the games best ever players here. Priestley didn't play well at all yesterday, he'll admit that but he's survived to fight another day. I'm very confident well see a much better Priestley tonight and on his day Priestley can score ton eighties with the best of them. Tonight he faces one of that bracket. Hamilton's quality and he's going to have a big future in the game. Whether he'll take to the pace of the match remains to be seen. Dennis isn't rushed for anybody and won't be rushed tonight. Hamilton hit 12 180's in his match with Mark Dudbridge but Priestley hit 8 yesterday despite not playing well. He'll have to play well tonight and this is a very good value bet IMO.

well done Kev my old matey' date=' a solid days work in the darts :ok[/quote'] Cheers matey. Went for the big money with Priestley which nearly came off but wasn't quite to be. A couple of blips thanks to a bit of bad luck late last week but it's been ok in the main though. Careful on Osborne though fella. I'm extremely keen on The Wizard this afternoon. I think he's a superb bet. 10pts C.Osborne to beat A.Jenkins 10/11 Betdirect Yeh I'm extremely keen on the Derby man here. He's played proper darts all through the tournament and he seems to have a champion's temperament. Ok it's fair to say that he's dozed off at times throughout his matches but when Newton and Scholten came back strong at him he raised his game and took off again. To do that to Scholten takes some doing as he was ticking along nicely at 2-2. Andy Jenkins played his best ever match on the stage to see off Adrian Lewis who came out on fire. Jenkins really enjoyed the pace of the game and played some lovely darts. However this match won't be like that one. Osborne speeds up for nobody and Jenkins' rhythm is going to be tested. We saw him against slower players earlier in the tournament and he struggled a bit but had the class to come through, "The Wizard" is a class above those previous opponents though and after such a belter yesterday I have doubts over whether "Rocky" has another game like that left in him. Osborne's been good to us in the tourney thus far and I fancy him to win this and make his way into the semi final's at the 1st time of asking.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship Very surprised by how easy Hamilton had it against Priestley as I expected Dennis to up his game but Dennis didn't. :\ What price was a Taylor 4-0 win? 8/11? Even worse!? I kept my eye off the ball there but there was always going to be bad blood between Taylor and Mason...I didn't expect that though! Swearing from Mason? A threat of quitting the game from Taylor!? :eek

What price was a Taylor 4-0 win? 8/11? Even worse!? I kept my eye off the ball there but there was always going to be bad blood between Taylor and Mason...I didn't expect that though! Swearing from Mason? A threat of quitting the game from Taylor!? :eek
Other way round mate. I was considering backing Taylor 4-0 at 11/8. Gutted really! Went for Priestley 180's instead chasing the big prize!

Re: PDC World Darts Championship Hmmm. Watching the highlights again, I was being a bit harsh about Priestley. High scoring, a tremendous third set but Hamilton just had a little bit more particularly on the number of tons. Could have been 4-2 or even 4-3 if Priestley was able to finish his doubles though. Quarter-finals day, 3-dart averages of previous match plus match times (prices from Ladbrokes): 5/6 Colin Osborne (93.77) vs Andy Jenkins (93.60) 5/6 13:15 4/11 Andy Hamilton (98.73) vs Terry Jenkins (89.42) 2/1 15:00 1/16 Raymond van Barneveld (102.48) vs Alan Tabern (90.33) 7/1 19:15 1/100 Phil Taylor (99.34) vs Darren Webster (83.59) 16/1 21:00 Handicap betting: 6/4 Colin Osborne (-1.5 sets) vs Andy Jenkins 1/2 13:15 8.13 Andy Hamilton (-1.5 sets) vs Terry Jenkins 6/5 15:00 8/11 Raymond van Barneveld (-3.5 sets) vs Alan Tabern evens 19:15 8/15 Phil Taylor (-4.5 sets) vs Darren Webster 11/8 21:00 C Osborne, A Hamilton, R van Barneveld and P Taylor all to win? 7/4 A Jenkins, A Hamilton, R van Barneveld and P Taylor all to win? 7/4 Hmmm. I suppose some people will try and make £37.50 the 'easy way' by plonking £50 on both 7/4 options and hoping Tabern doesn't cause an upset, Hamilton doesn't tank against Terry Jenkins and even that Taylor doesn't do a Ronnie o'Sullivan! :eek :rollin * It doesn't matter what sport you're watching, when you see an individual put the performance of their life in just to win a match they then usually disappoint in the next match. The layers are a minor bit cautious about how Jenkins will perform. Looking at the stats yesterday, Colin's tons, 140+s and 180s are pretty similar and that's with one set played less. Gonna agree with kev that the pace of the match will probably unsettle Jenkins and Osborne's consistency will counter most of Jenkins' brief flashes of brilliance as Jenkins will probably be too inconsistent. I'd like to see Andy Jenkins win but I'm a soppy old fool. The feel good story probably ends this afternoon. * Terry Jenkins can perform better than he has shown. Hamilton seems to fully want this. Who really wants to face Taylor in the semi-finals though? Agree with Gaz about Hamilton getting more 180s than Terry. Highest checkout score? I think the first to 5 sets format means 'under 120' at 9/2 over at Betfred is very tempting (7/2 at Ladbrokes). I think both fellas will put big enough scores in that it will be less than 120 ('120-140' is 6/4 and 'over 140' is 10/11) but I wouldn't be surprised if either turns it up with a 140+. I can get 13/2 at Betfred for Hamilton to get more 180s (4/11) and for the highest checkout to be less than 120 (9/2)? I gotta give it it a go. Hamilton should win this unless he dips and Jenkins grinds out the tons. * Tabern can frustrate van Barneveld in bits and pieces and may even win a set. I don't expect too much danger here though for Raymond. * Various other specials floating about but the one thing that catches my eye is this...the 'who will throw the most number of 180s?' market. I looked a nana picking Havenga against Webster but I'll go odds-against again by picking Darren Webster at 5/2 to throw more 180s than Taylor (Phil's 1/2, the tie's 11/2) over at Betfred. "THAT'S BANANAS!!", you might say. You're probably right but Taylor will win this match at a canter and usually he is a bit merciful to guys he has no beef with. He'll probably go for the treble 19s even though he could go for a 180 just to make it interesting for himself. Webster needs to throw those 180s and unless he gets stage-fright he should throw a few. Taylor to win 5-0 at 8/15 looks tempting but Taylor can play silly buggers. Personally Gaz, I think Phil's saving his 180s against Hamilton (last year's third round match stats) or Jenkins. I've no idea what mood Taylor's in though after Mason wanted a punch-up in the car park afterwards! Phil will probably be very riled though and in no mood for charity tonight as he'll probably want to wrap things up pretty quickly and be out of there as soon as possible! :eek http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=others/06/12/29/manual_081553.html