** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15)

Wednesday 15 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Macedonia v Russia (16:00 GMT)4.713.261.80108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Finland v Armenia (17:00 GMT)1.206.5016.14105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Israel v Croatia (17:00 GMT)2.753.252.65105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Cyprus v Germany (19:00 GMT)13.006.001.25105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Belgium v Poland (19:30 GMT)2.313.202.98109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Republic of Ireland v San Marino C (19:30 GMT)1.0410.00101.00108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Portugal v Kazakhstan (21:00 GMT)1.059.0041.00109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) Is it a good possibillity for over 3,5 in the Germany game? I would think so and 1,85 is pretty good value after all, and I would think Germany would be able to win unlike Ireland. And I agree with valenciaNo1, I too belive there is good value in Macedonia. Think Russia will keep building for the World Cup instead. Macedonia have become better and better over the years and have already made it difficult for England. Both teams seem to have good defence as well, so I'm thinking under 2,5 goals @ 1,55 and Macedonia win @ 4,50 here. Edit: It was 3,5 goals on the Germany game, I thought it was 2,5...but 3 and nothing else. :)

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) Pick: Croatia 2.30 (Centrebet) Croatia should be pretty confident going to Israel for this big tie where there are 4 teams locked in the lead on 7 points. They know that a win will see them lead the group favourites (England) by 3 points. Croatia has a very good defence whoch has yet to concede a goal and Israel will find it hard to break down this wall. While Israel does have a very good home record, they won't have the players to pry this defence. Croatia's midfield and strikers are filled with promising talent and will be looking to continue to shine on the international stage. They should have just enough class to edge out a victory, though it will be a battle all the way.

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) Croatia injuried: Pletikosa (goalkeeper), Rapaic (important ofensive midfielder), Klasnic (striker). Questionable: Simunic (left back, important). Suspended: none All missing players are from first XI Expectations in Croatia are high, and not without reason. But Israel plays very good at home, iirc unbeaten in 13 matches. Tough match to predict, I feel this could likely end in a draw, CS 1-1. Croatia probable squad 4-4-2 --------------- Runje ------------------ Corluka --- Simic --- R.Kovac--- Simunic Srna --- N.Kovac --- Modric --- Kranjcar ----------- Petric --- Eduardo ---------

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15)

Is it a good possibillity for over 2' date='5 in the Germany game? I would think so and [b']1,85 is pretty good value after all, and I would think Germany would be able to win unlike Ireland.
Germany are without a couple of players like Lehmann, Schneider, Podolski, Jansen. needn't be a bad bet now the over, just wanted to add.

Germany are without a couple of players like Lehmann' date=' Schneider, Podolski, Jansen. needn't be a bad bet now the over, just wanted to add.[/quote'] Thanks for the info McFly, much appreciated. I knew Lehmann and Podolski would be out. I assume Hildebrand and Neuville will cover for them and they are both good players. But I can't put my finger on Jansen and Schneider. Are these two usually in the starting lineup?

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Makedonia - Russia
Selection FYR Macedonia +0.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 15/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning I think Macedonia has shown through their recent games that they're no throw-around. 1 point against England, winning over Estonia and smashing Andorra. Russia has only played on their own turd till now, and it hasen't been to impressive, with 2 draws (against Israel and Croatia) and a win. I think the bookies are underestimating Estonia, wouldn't give Russia anymore than 45 % chance of winning, probably more around 35-40. But I'll go with the 45 % considering that I have no knowledge about injuries and so on, then we still have a solid betvalue of 105,05% when the 1X are at 55 %. Happy punting!

Thanks for the info McFly' date=' much appreciated. I knew Lehmann and Podolski would be out. I assume Hildebrand and Neuville will cover for them and they are both good players. But I can't put my finger on Jansen and Schneider. Are these two usually in the starting lineup?[/quote'] yeah both are regulars (Jansen only recently though). Jansen will be replaced by Fritz from Werder what is more than only a compensation atm. But Schneider is a key player, Hitzlsperger as likely replacement has not his quality. The expected line-up of Germany - Hildebrand - Fritz, Friedrich, Mertesacker, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Frings, Ballack, Hitzlsperger - Klose, Neuville.

yeah both are regulars (Jansen only recently though). Jansen will be replaced by Fritz from Werder what is more than only a compensation atm. But Schneider is a key player, Hitzlsperger as likely replacement has not his quality. The expected line-up of Germany - Hildebrand - Fritz, Friedrich, Mertesacker, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Frings, Ballack, Hitzlsperger - Klose, Neuville.
Do you think Schneider is that good? I've only seen him in a few German matches and the World Cup. But on those occasions he's been really bad in my eyes, but I do not have anywhere near the same knowledge about German football as you :p

Do you think Schneider is that good? I've only seen him in a few German matches and the World Cup. But on those occasions he's been really bad in my eyes, but I do not have anywhere near the same knowledge about German football as you :p
what is the problem of Scheider is that he plays pretty volatile. If he is in bad shape he looks like an old lethargic man so your not wrong. on the other hand on a good day he is a fantastic player with great passing. A technique player but he could make more out of it partly.

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) MacedoniaRussia

Pick: Under 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.65 @ Bwin

Stake: 4/10

Russia is not strong world strength in football anymore. Their fall started few years ago and they are not improving at all, no matter they hired great tactician in the name of Hiddink. They are struggling a lot lately and their results are not even near as everyone in Russia expected. For even worse atmosphere contributed Hiddink statement that even if Russia manages to qualify for the Euro 2008, he won’t be coaching them on that tournament.

Macedonia is playing the best football ever. Katanec (Slovenian coach who brought Slovenia on two major competitions) did a great job with small Macedonian team. He built great compact team with great team spirit. Macedonia has never been so optimistic about their national football, like now. There is great atmosphere in the team and everyone expects good result.

After hiring Katanec, Macedonia suffered only one loss, from England in Skopje, after conceding unlucky goal. All other matches ended with positive result. Katanec has his own style of play and for him the defense is the most important part (he said in one interview that Macedonia against Russia, Croatia and England will defend) and Macedonia has the best players in the defensive part.

Russian team is suffering from lack of creativity and that is the main reason why the team is not creating many chances. Their players are tall and relatively slow which will suit on Macedonian tactics for tomorrow’s match. Pandev, best Macedonian player and the only player that can create some chances is suspended which gives more chances for my bet to be successful.

I believe that Macedonia will not lose, but will they win I cannot say. I believe that low scoring draw is very possible outcome, and except of under 2.5 goals, my suggestions for this match are:

Draw either on half-time or full-time, odds 1.70 @ Bwin, Stake: 4/10 and

Both teams to score, pick: NO, odds 1.85 @ Bwin, Stake: 2/10

Event Macedonia - Russia
Selectionpick DRAW
Strength7/10
Date15/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price???
ReasoningRussia except of a good coach dont have much adduts in this game. On the other hand there Katanec . This game will be all around tactics, not about playing a game. Macedonian team is very motivated but they have one important bad side...they simply cant score. In addition Pandev key player of Macedonian representation is out . Without him briliant attacking middlefielder Macedonia is without edge to make oportunity to score. All that and Russian slapy play without wining spirit made me think draw is only logical solution of this event. Eather team canot take to lose all points,play will be carefoul and without real beauty.Macedonian team now like always is best in defence, and there coach was defender in his career also in Partizan Belgrade so he really know his job well. Finally a draw !

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) One thing to consider on Israel vs Croatia is

Group E

Pld Pts
England47
Croatia37
F.Y.R. Macedonia47
Israel37
A draw would see both teams above the group favourites, Israel have a tendancy to draw their games and Croatia will go into this game with the frame of mind that a draw would be an ok result. Yeah Croatia beat England 2-0, coming off a confident victory against Andorra (7-0) but before that it was a 0-0 draw in Russia. Away Croatia aren't so much an attacking team, they have a very tight, strong back line and sit back as shown in the 0-0 draw in Russia. 10/10 - Draw @ 3.2 Alot more value than the under 2.5 @ 1.57 which is also a likely result

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) Don't underestimate Israel here , they are a very tough side to beat especially at home. Because Croatia beat England at home last time out doesn't make them worldbeaters overnight (lets not forget how poor England were and opps that 2nd goal!!) I'd expect a draw in this one as the result wouldn't be bad for either team

Fancy Portugal on a -1.5 Asian Handicap and Germany to win in Cyprus. Any doubters on these?
Germany easily will take this one i think! there's some injuries , but they're to strong for Cyprus i think. Portugal -2.5 in my betting book ..

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventRep. of Macedonia- Russia
Selectionunder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date15/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningRussia since the arrival of Hiddink made 3 unders in qualification games,0-0 with Croatia,1-1 with Israel and 2-0 with Estonia.The team is not in top form the team knows how to defend but has difficulties in attack.Macedonia made 3 unders and one over with Andorra,Macedonia is a country with a visible progress in past years in football.They have a good defence receiving just one goal in 2 matches from England.I think it won't be long time until Macedonia will qualify to an important tournament.

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventRep. of Macedonia - Russia
SelectionMacedonia +1.0
Strength10/10
Date15/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.37 (Back)
ReasoningRussia since the arrival of Hiddink made 3 unders in qualification games,0-0 with Croatia,1-1 with Israel and 2-0 with Estonia.The team is not in top form the team knows how to defend but has difficulties in attack.Macedonia made 3 unders and one over with Andorra,Macedonia is a country with a visible progress in past years in football.They have a good defence receiving just one goal in 2 matches from England.I think it won't be long time until Macedonia will qualify to an important tournament

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) Cyprus-Germany should probably go Over 2.5. Betfair is offering it at just Under 1.4. Over 3.5 is going for a price of 1.65 or more. Cyprus is not a particularly defensive team and they have shown that in their previous few matches. It may come down to an up-and-down shoot-out. I expect a few goals to be scored but wouldn't go overboard with an Over 4.5 bet. Perhaps trading out of the Over 3.5 after a couple of goals are scored is the best strategy. Lithuania was the bet of the day, at around 1.8 on Betfair. (FT 1-4) Over 2.5 was at a price of 2.04!!!

Re: Euro 2008 Internationals (Nov 15) Right - firstly - this is crazy odds so if it wins or not dont slate me but it should be a 5/1 or 6/1 shot yet Ladbrokes have it at 16/1 :unsure:unsure:unsure I've put €25 on myself as I believe that this could come close.. IRELAND v SAN MARINO 9 or more goals Before you have a go at me for being a nutter, step back and think about it!. San Marino have conceded 20 goals in 2 games - average 10 per game. The teams that beat them were Germany 13-0 and Czech Rep 7-0 . Ireland drew with Czechs and lost 0-1 away to Germany. Forget the Cyprus game as that was a once off. Big bonus for Ireland is the inclusion of Kevin Doyle. That and the fact that Clinton Morrison is injured! Many seem to belive that Ireland are not capable of scoring more than 3 or 4 but I firmly believe they can and will come close to double figures tonight. Dont put your mortgage on it but do have a quid or two for interest. :ok