Cheltenham 11/11

bowles10

Paddy Power chase 2.40 last 10 years M Pipe won 8/10 10yo + 0/10 6-7yo 5/10 5yo 1/10 Favs 5/10 7/1 SP or under 7/10 RPR 155-169 9/10 11st 3lb or under 8/10 for me, Graphic Approach, Tumbling Dice, Vodka Bleu, Butlers cabin. I am siding with GRAPHIC APPROACH to run a big race. Charlie Egerton won a nice race today & the expected cut in the ground will suit this horse. VODKA BLEU is well fancied by connections & will be short enough at 4/1. 1. Graphic Approach 2. Vodka Bleu 3. Tumbling Dice

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 3.45 IDLE TALK from Tom George's stable. Has some big races on the agenda this season. Probably better over further but has WON 1ST TIME UP in last 2 seasons. Gallops all day which will be needed up the Cheltenham hill. Any cut in the ground will help even more.

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 Looking at the placepot for this one: a couple of outsiders in the later races, with the hope of a bigger pot. 12.55 Is it Me 1.30 Denman 2.05 Theatre Diva / Freeloader 2.40 Copsale Lad / Tighe Caster / Butler's Cabin 3.10 Star De Mohaison / Mr Ed / Brewster 3.45 Idle Talk / Lacdoudal / Tribal Venture

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 2.05 Tipperary Allstar trainer comments Michael Halford, trainer of Tipperary All Star “He’s come out of his Punchestown race well so we’ve decided to let him take his chance. The conditions will suit, and a good pace - and having Ruby on board again is another big plus.” I agree, the booking of Ruby is excellent!

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 Enjoying the official start of the Jumps season... tomorrows selections for me; 13:30 - Denman (NAP) 14:05 - Royal Rhythm 14:40 - I cant decide between Knowhere & Chilling Place (Help please!) 15:10 - Carly's Quest 15:45 - Barrow Drive (NB) Haitch

Re: Cheltenham 11/11

Enjoying the official start of the Jumps season... tomorrows selections for me; 13:30 - Denman (NAP) 14:05 - Royal Rhythm 14:40 - I cant decide between Knowhere & Chilling Place (Help please!) 15:10 - Carly's Quest 15:45 - Barrow Drive (NB) Haitch
Haitch :welcome . We try to encourage everyone to post reasoning behind their selections - however brief. That way each person can decide for themselves whether to follow you or not, based on reasoning you provide:ok We don't require essays just a simple 'class above its rivals. If it jumps clear, should win easily' will suffice, for example. You will see on this thread that Bowles has posted several selections, all with brief reasoning. Good luck with your picks - just please add reasoning.;) Cheers mate.

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 Horse: TOTAL VICTORY Course: Cheltenham Time: 12.55 Useful handicapper on the flat and developing into a smart hurdler having won 2 of his last 3 starts. Horse: WOGAN Course: Cheltenham Time: 1.30 Useful hurdler last season but can do better now sent chasing and this faster ground could well make the difference. Obviously the main danger is Denman but it should be a decent price for E/W backers. Could have done with the 8 runners really as this only pays 1-2 but:hope Horse: STAR DE MOHAISON Course: Cheltenham Time: 3.10 Horse: TARANIS Course: Cheltenham Time: 2.40 Horse: DENMAN Course: Cheltenham Time: 1.30 the bottom 3 dont realy need much reasoning, If they dont win then Ill eat my arm and Ban RussP for a week.:lol

2.05 Tipperary Allstar trainer comments Michael Halford, trainer of Tipperary All Star “He’s come out of his Punchestown race well so we’ve decided to let him take his chance. The conditions will suit, and a good pace - and having Ruby on board again is another big plus.” I agree, the booking of Ruby is excellent!
Ive had a little squeak about this also.:hope :welcome Haitch
14:40 - I cant decide between Knowhere & Chilling Place (Help please!)
Neither;)

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 IS IT ME!!! or is 7's a big price with the tote for this horse in the 12.55 today. 9L behind Katchit LTO but gave away 9lb on that day which is a lot for a 3yo to concede to a rival. Previously won its other 5 starts over hurdles mainly on fast ground. If it goes on the expected softer ground, then it will certainly be placed at the very least.

IS IT ME!!! or is 7's a big price with the tote for this horse in the 12.55 today. 9L behind Katchit LTO but gave away 9lb on that day which is a lot for a 3yo to concede to a rival. Previously won its other 5 starts over hurdles mainly on fast ground. If it goes on the expected softer ground, then it will certainly be placed at the very least.
I agree bowles, he's a front runner aswell so he should reach at least 4/1 min in running to lay of if needed. I had this down as a strong selection today and at 7/1 has to be a cracking e/w

the bottom 3 dont realy need much reasoning' date=' If they dont win then Ill eat my arm and Ban RussP for a week.:lol[/quote'] Why ban me when it's you who can't pick the winners?:lol Good luck mate. They all have a cracking chance although Taranis may just be burdened by the weight. Carl - the one-armed bandit!:lol

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 Hello chaps ! byebye.gif. My picks for Chelters, with an emphasis on what I think is the best value price. 12.55 - Is it me @ 7/1 as already mentioned, and another possibly overpriced is Chevely Flyer @ 16/1 with a slight weight concession 1.30 - Agree with earlier post that Wogan @ 2/1 to place is better valur than the fav. Remember, these are still novices, and half of them may not finish. 2.05 - Value prices here IMO are 14/1 Sandy's Legend who is improving, Classic Crocco @ 33/1 & Hatch a Plan @ 50/1 are overpriced. 2.40 - I like Copsale Lad & Graphic Approach, but at 16/1, GA is much better value. Good prices available for a couple of outsiders Nayodabayo @ 33/1, & Butlers Cabin @ 28/1. 4/1 fav not run for 2 yrs due to injury? Do me a favour! 3.10 - Star de Mohaison @ 2/1. Should be an evens or 11/10 in my book. A handicap snip and bet of the day. For an outsider Just Beth @ 100/1 will be up with the pace, and could snatch a 3rd or 4th. 3.45 - Lacdoudal @ 15/2 looks good. Should be shorter than My Will in my calcs. Tribal Venture if bigger than 14/1 is worth an e/w too. Good luck all type.gif

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 Marc Of Brilliance (12.55) - EW (approx 14/1)

Ran well behind Total Victory at Aintree lto when giving 5lb to that rival. Slow pace did not suit that day and likely stronger pace and stiff track should suit. Definite EW possibilities.

Rust En Vrede (2.05) – EW (approx 33/1)

Really big price for in form horse / stable. Plenty to find on the form book but with this low weight, no surprise to Graham Lee get this horse into the frame.

Run For Paddy (3.45) – EW (approx 8/1)

Nice racing weight today for this improving staying chaser. Course winner and is fit from run at Wincanton 3 weeks ago.

Also fancy Denman and Star De Mohaison at Cheltenham, and have backed Taranis and Copsale Lad ante-post in the big race.

Looking forward to an excellent day’s racing.

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 Small placepot for me today: Katchit Denman Tipp All Star Vodka Bleu Star de Mohaison Joaaci And: 3.10 - Star De Mohaison - Fairly large bet on this today, just cannot see it getting beaten. Have flagged it up as my banker, and looks like it will be popular. Very much dount it will go off at 2/1. Nice price that.

SportHorse Racing
Event1.30 Cheltenham
SelectionDenman
Strength10/10
Date11/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ SP (Back)
ReasoningHard to oppose today. Course and distance winner, made winning debut over jumps and likely to pick up better races than this later in the season. Race fit and benefits from racing/jumping experience 11 days ago. Top trainer/jockey combo.
SportHorse Racing
Event2.40 Cheltenham
SelectionToo Forward (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date11/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningImpressive and comfortable win at Wetherby two weeks ago. Trainer bang in form and some decent previous form with places behind Our Vic and Fondmort. Up in the weights but likely to put in another good performance.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.10 Cheltenham
SelectionRedemption (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date11/11/2006
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 10.00 (Back)
ReasoningHave to respect its form. Beat My Way De Solzen this year and 2nd last year to Inglis Drever. Always promised but often failed to deliver. CD winner, Timmy Murphy riding well and loads of value in a race Star De Mohaison might not take too seriously
SportHorse Racing
Event3.45 Cheltenham
SelectionIdle Talk
Strength5/10
Date11/11/2006
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 6.50 (Back)
ReasoningVery impressive run to finish 2nd at the festival on this track. Progressive stayer, likely to improve this season. One of Tom George's best horses. 4th LTO over a trip that may have been just too far and runs off same mark today.

Hello chaps ! byebye.gif. My picks for Chelters' date= with an emphasis on what I think is the best value price. 12.55 - Is it me @ 7/1 as already mentioned, and another possibly overpriced is Chevely Flyer @ 16/1 with a slight weight concession 1.30 - Agree with earlier post that Wogan @ 2/1 to place is better valur than the fav. Remember, these are still novices, and half of them may not finish. 2.05 - Value prices here IMO are 14/1 Sandy's Legend who is improving, Classic Crocco @ 33/1 & Hatch a Plan @ 50/1 are overpriced. 2.40 - I like Copsale Lad & Graphic Approach, but at 16/1, GA is much better value. Good prices available for a couple of outsiders Nayodabayo @ 33/1, & Butlers Cabin @ 28/1. 4/1 fav not run for 2 yrs due to injury? Do me a favour! 3.10 - Star de Mohaison @ 2/1. Should be an evens or 11/10 in my book. A handicap snip and bet of the day. For an outsider Just Beth @ 100/1 will be up with the pace, and could snatch a 3rd or 4th. 3.45 - Lacdoudal @ 15/2 looks good. Should be shorter than My Will in my calcs. Tribal Venture if bigger than 14/1 is worth an e/w too. Good luck all type.gif
:welcome to PL mate. Good write ups aswell.:ok

2.05 Tipperary Allstar trainer comments Michael Halford, trainer of Tipperary All Star “He’s come out of his Punchestown race well so we’ve decided to let him take his chance. The conditions will suit, and a good pace - and having Ruby on board again is another big plus.” I agree, the booking of Ruby is excellent!
I've heard good things about this pick, so i'm on this one too! :hope

Re: Cheltenham 11/11 2.40 TARANIS to be Placed 2.30 Betfair Weight may stop him from winning but looked very progressive last season but surely must be thererabouts at the finish with Walsh riding 3.10 REDEMPTION " 9/1 E/W Sporting Odds Won impressively from World Hurdle winner My Way De Solzen last time out and doesnt lookd badly treated following that effort and its very intereesting Murphy again takes the ride instead of riding a Pipe horse. 3.45 TAKE THE STAND 16/1 Sporting Odds Huge price for a horse who has been 2nd & 5th in last two runnings of the Gold Cup. MCcoy is on board and he won this race last year on Innox and with a clear round of jumping he could run well.

EASY EASY :clap :nana i was creaming my pants 2 out :notworthy :notworthy to Ruby