** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Brazil Serie A

Re: Brazil Serie A palmeiras.gifgoias.gif Palmeiras - Goiás Palmeiras -0.5 @ 2.010 Asian Stake 5/10 Palmeiras fight for relegation,only 4 points.Verdao are good home team and many key players are back. Michael is injured. Goias without regular Gk Harlei and Cléber Gaúcho both suspended. Welliton, Aldo, Róbson Luiz, Jadílson are injured. PALMEIRAS 4-4-2 Diego Cavalieri (Marcos) Paulo Baier, Nen, Alceu, Chiquinho; Marcinho Guerreiro, Francis, Juninho Paulista, Valdívia (Marcelo Costa) Edmundo, Enílton Técnico: Marcelo Vilar GOIÁS 3-5-2 Rodrigo Calaça Rogério Correa, Galeano, Leonardo Vítor, Cléber, Danilo Portugal, Romerito, Luciano Almeida Souza, Muñoz Técnico: Geninho

Re: Brazil Serie A

Wednesday 1 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Atlético Paranaense v Vasco da Gama (22:30 GMT)2.003.704.10102%
Flamengo CR RJ v Santa Cruz (22:30 GMT)1.395.5011.00100%
Palmeiras v Goias (22:30 GMT)2.013.504.50101%
Gremio v Figueirense (23:30 GMT)1.624.107.00101%
Thursday 2 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Fortaleza v Corinthians (00:45 GMT)2.303.253.70102%
Juventude v Santos (00:45 GMT)2.843.452.75101%
São Caetano v Fluminense RJ (00:45 GMT)2.543.452.98102%
Botafogo RJ v Internacional (23:30 GMT)2.643.353.00102%
Cruzeiro v Parana (23:30 GMT)2.003.654.50100%
São Paulo v Ponte Preta (23:30 GMT)1.296.0013.00102%

Re: Brazil Serie A ..... PALMEIRAS ..... - Excellent last home results for PALM and powerfull attack line. - Return today the basic forward JUNINHO PAULISTA and the attack line making stronger. - The team want the three points because avoid serries problems of relegation. ..... GOIAS..... - No serries problem this time for points. - Enough serries absenties today and the basic goalkepper is out from cards. I believe HOMEWIN here with 1.94 in BETFAIR.

Re: Brazil Serie A SÃO CAETANO v FLUMINENSE

Two critical situations for these teams. After this game only one of them will have improved his standing in the Brazilian Série A and, if there will be no surprises, this team will be Fluminense. São Caetano has 26 points and his 19th in the table (only two points of advantage over Santa Cruz), Fluminense is 16th with 35 points and if the championship would finish now Fluminense would be safe. These teams have been the worst ones in the second half of the championship as the “Tricolor” only won once in the last 12 games (3 draws and 8 defeats). This is a good opportunity to Fluminense to stop this negative series of results and to obtain his first victory at the Stadium Anacleto Campanella (3 draws and 4 defeats until now). São Caetano is not in a better situation: never won in his last 14 games and the coach Dorival Junior will miss six players: Élton (suspended), Cléber (suspended), Cláudio (questionable), Ânderson Lima (injured), Canindé (injured), Marcelinho (injured). Some players will be back after missing the last game againts Santos but it might not be enough to beat Fluminense.

Pick: Fluminense (AH), odds: 2.06, bookmaker: Pinnacle, stake: 10/10

..... PALMEIRAS ..... - Excellent last home results for PALM and powerfull attack line. - Return today the basic forward JUNINHO PAULISTA and the attack line making stronger. - The team want the three points because avoid serries problems of relegation. ..... GOIAS..... - No serries problem this time for points. - Enough serries absenties today and the basic goalkepper is out from cards. I believe HOMEWIN here with 1.94 in BETFAIR.
I hope so, not a great start though

0,,90791,00.jpg VS 0,,90802,00.jpg

BOTAFOGO vs INTERNACIONAL

Botafogo against Inter: a major test for these form teams, both needing the victory for different reasons. Botafogo still hold out hopes of making one of the top four places and Copa Libatadores qualification whilst Internacional still has a chance of capturing the Brazilian Championship. Certainly with Sao Paulo entertaining Ponte Preta at the same time as Inter tackle Botafogo, its a match that Inter can ill afford to drop points in.

Both coaches (Cuca of Botafogo and Abel Braga of Internacional) know there teams are in form with both capable of beating the other. While Cuca can count on a fully fit squad of players, Abel Braga doesnt have the same luxury. Wellington Monteiro returns to the starting line up in place of Maycon however Clemer, Fernandão and Élder miss the game through injury. Without top scorer Fernandão, Abel Braga still searches for the ideal partner for Iarley. This time Internacional give the responsibility to pacy 19 year old striker Luís Adriano who replaces Ricardo Jesus who started against Juventude. The thinking behind that move seems to be that Luís Adriano's pace will cause more problems to Botafogo on the counter attack.

Likely starting line ups:

BOTAFOGO (likely to play 442, if 352, Ruy and Junior Cesar will move to wide midfield/wing back with Asprilla making up the 3 central defenders with Rafael Marques and Juninho. Midfielder Joílson would be left out). GOALKEEPER = Max, DEFENCE = Ruy, Rafael Marques, Juninho, Junior Cesar, MIDFIELD = Diguinho, Claiton, Joílson (or Asprilla), Zé Roberto, STRIKERS = Wando, Reinaldo. INTERNACIONAL (likely to play 442) GOALKEEPER = Renan, DEFENCE = Ceará, Índio, Fabiano Eller, Hidalgo MIDFIELD = Wellington Monteiro, Edinho, Perdigão, Alex, STRIKERS = Luís Adriano, Iarley.

Tough match to call this one with both teams needing the points but I'm going to have to side with Botafogo. Of course Internacional are good enough to win at the Maracanã but I just think that the home advantage and the quality of Botafogo's attacking players will at least be enough to see them avoid defeat. Without Fernandão, Internacional simply arent the same team and I dont see them having the fire power to outscore Botafogo. Other top Brazilian teams have tried and failed to take points away from the Maracanã this season including Sao Paulo (D = 1-1), Santos (L = 3-4), Gremio (D = 2-2) and Vasco (L = 0-4). Botafogo have won 5 of there last 6 at home whilst Internacional have lost 3 of there last 4 away. I'm not going to underestimate Internacional's quality by going for the straight home win but I will be playing Botafogo on the level ball AH. Good Luck all :hope .

My Bet: Botafogo (0) AH 1.85 Bet365 5/10

0,,90813,00.jpg vs 0,,90812,00.jpg

SÃO PAULO vs PONTE PRETA

São Paulo and Ponte Preta face each other with both needing points for different reasons. Whilst São Paulo fight for the Serie A title, Ponte Preta fight to stay in the division. São Paulo are without suspended midfielder and Captain, Josué who will be replaced by André Dias. Fellow midfielder Mineiro is still attempting to recover from an ankle injury and will have a late fitness test. If he doesnt play he will be replaced by Ramalho. Sao Paulo striker Aloísio has recovered from an injured ankle and will play. Ponte Preta have massive selection problems. They are without the released Juliano, Da Silva, Almir, Danilo, Vélber, Jean Carlo, Luís Mário and Mossoró. Also missing is the suspended Ricardo Conceição plus injured Thiago Matias and Fábio Baiano. This leaves Ponte Preta starting with 18 year Jaílton up front. Likely starting line ups: SÃO PAULO GOALKEEPER = Rogério Ceni, DEFENCE = Ilsinho, Fabão, Miranda, Júnior, MIDFIELD = André Dias, Mineiro (Ramalho), Souza, Danilo, STRIKERS = Leandro, Aloísio. PONTE PRETA GOALKEEPER = Jean, DEFENCE = Nei, Preto, Régis, Wellington, MIDFIELD = Carlinhos, Dionísio, Pituca, Emerson, STRIKERS = Tuto, Jaílton. I can see this game being extremely one sided with only one possible winner, Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo have beaten Better teams than Ponte Preta at home recently including Juventude (5-0), Vasco Da Game (5-1) and Internacional (2-0). Sadly the bookies are being none to generous as usual and offer ridiculous odds. I'll take Sao Paulo to win on the -1.5 AH and would expect them to cover it quite comfortably. Good luck all :hope . My Bet: Sao Paulo -1.5 AH 1.80 Bet365 8/10

botafogo match played at neutral? will it effect the outcome?
The game isnt being played at a neutral venue. I should have mentioned that Botafogo use two different stadiums for there home games. Estádio Caio Martins has a capacity of just 15,000 and is used when Botafogo play smaller teams. When they play bigger teams like Internacional they use Estádio do Maracanã (The Maracanã) which holds just under 105,000 people. Botafogo are used to playing both of these stadiums so I dont see it as a problem and the bigger attendance and better home support can only enhance Botafogo's chances as far as I'm concerned.

Botafogo lost in last minute 0-1. bad luck! it was a good call!
Thanks for that godmato :ok , bit of a disaster last night. Sao Paulo only drew 1-1 with Ponte Preta despite dominating the match (should have been 3 or 4 up by half time) which cost me 8 points :$ and Botafogo fall to that last minute goal which stopped me getting out with a push :$ . Never mind, Brazil is usually a good place to bet for me so I'll certainly be back :ok

Serie A: Matches
10_lrg.gif
sp.gif
end_left_active.jpg1X2_active.jpgmiddle_right_active.jpg45min.jpgmiddle.jpg12.jpgend_right.jpg
oddsformat_lbl.gifUK_off2.gif EU_on2.gifUS_off2.gif
Saturday 4 November 2006
sp.gif HomeDrawAway BPP
sp.gifFigueirense v Juventude (21:10 GMT)1.553.605.50 111%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifFlamengo CR RJ v Atlético Paranaense (21:10 GMT)2.103.253.45 108%small_inact.gifsp.gif
Sunday 5 November 2006
sp.gif HomeDrawAway BPP
sp.gifCruzeiro v Vasco da Gama (18:00 GMT)2.053.253.45 109%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifFortaleza v Goias (18:00 GMT)2.373.252.70 110%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifGremio v Internacional (18:00 GMT)2.303.253.15 106%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifPonte Preta v São Caetano (18:00 GMT)1.703.504.75 109%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifSantos v São Paulo (18:00 GMT)2.303.252.80 110%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifBotafogo RJ v Fluminense RJ (20:10 GMT)2.053.253.45 109%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifCorinthians v Santa Cruz (20:10 GMT)1.176.0013.00 110%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifParana v Palmeiras (20:10 GMT)1.613.505.20 110%small_inact.gifsp.gif
Wednesday 8 November 2006
sp.gif HomeDrawAway BPP
sp.gifAtlético Paranaense v Corinthians (00:45 GMT)1.011.011.01 298%small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifGoias v Flamengo CR RJ (00:45 GMT)1.011.011.01 298%small_inact.gifsp.gif
Thursday 9 November 2006
sp.gif HomeDrawAway BPP
sp.gifFluminense RJ v Ponte Preta (23:30 GMT)1.011.011.01 298%small_inact.gifsp.gif

0 vs 0,,90812,00.jpg

SÃO PAULO vs PONTE PRETA

São Paulo and Ponte Preta face each other with both needing points for different reasons. Whilst São Paulo fight for the Serie A title, Ponte Preta fight to stay in the division. São Paulo are without suspended midfielder and Captain, Josué who will be replaced by André Dias. Fellow midfielder Mineiro is still attempting to recover from an ankle injury and will have a late fitness test. If he doesnt play he will be replaced by Ramalho. Sao Paulo striker Aloísio has recovered from an injured ankle and will play. Ponte Preta have massive selection problems. They are without the released Juliano, Da Silva, Almir, Danilo, Vélber, Jean Carlo, Luís Mário and Mossoró. Also missing is the suspended Ricardo Conceição plus injured Thiago Matias and Fábio Baiano. This leaves Ponte Preta starting with 18 year Jaílton up front. Likely starting line ups: SÃO PAULO GOALKEEPER = Rogério Ceni, DEFENCE = Ilsinho, Fabão, Miranda, Júnior, MIDFIELD = André Dias, Mineiro (Ramalho), Souza, Danilo, STRIKERS = Leandro, Aloísio. PONTE PRETA GOALKEEPER = Jean, DEFENCE = Nei, Preto, Régis, Wellington, MIDFIELD = Carlinhos, Dionísio, Pituca, Emerson, STRIKERS = Tuto, Jaílton. I can see this game being extremely one sided with only one possible winner, Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo have beaten Better teams than Ponte Preta at home recently including Juventude (5-0), Vasco Da Game (5-1) and Internacional (2-0). Sadly the bookies are being none to generous as usual and offer ridiculous odds. I'll take Sao Paulo to win on the -1.5 AH and would expect them to cover it quite comfortably. Good luck all :hope . My Bet: Sao Paulo -1.5 AH 1.80 Bet365 8/10

I can't believe the couldn't even get a win of any sort. Went to bed last night fully expecting this to be last bet of a successful 4-fold (where lesser strength bets had pulled through) only to be met by a scoreline of 1-1 in the morning.:@

Re: Brazil Serie A The Corinthians bet helped me to breakeven. This was a strange round and all the home teams played like ladies. It seems that the competition is losing momentum. A draw is an acceptable result to most teams. The extra value of being able to play a south american championship didnt helped teams like Cruzeiro to reach a winning mood. The only teams that are somewhat motivated are the ones, like corinthians, palmeiras and fluminense, who are fighting against the "rebaixamento" ( Who do you say that in english ? ) São Paulo and Internacional will face very hard matches this weekend against their local rivals and São Paulo may face a serious contender if Internacional wins. I think that the only easy match this weekend will be Corinthians x Santa Cruz, ponte preta,figueirense and paraná might worth a bet.

0,,90795,00.jpgVS0,,90803,00.jpg

FIGUEIRENSE vs JUVENTUDE

MATCH BACKGROUND:

10th placed Figueriense take on 13th placed Juventude at Estádio Orlando Scarpelli with both teams hoping to build on impressive last round wins. Figueirense shocked title chasing Gremio 2-1 away whilst Juventude took care of another title contender Santos 3-2 at home. Both these results ended recent bad form for the two clubs and both will now come into this match expecting a positive result. Copa Sudamerica qualification is the best that Juventude can hope for but Figueirense still hold out hopes grabbing one of the places for the Copa Libertadores.

RECENT FORM (last 6 matches)

P W D L F A PTS

Figueirense

Home

Juventude

Away 6

TEAM NEWS:

Juventude come into the match without Captain and central defender Antônio Carlos and striker Christian (scored in last match against Santos) who are both suspended. Leandrinho and Bruno are likely to take there places. Midfielder Lauro returns from suspension.

Figueirense are without the suspended Edson (defender) and midfielder Marquinhos Paraná. Márcio Goiano and Fernandes are brought in to replace them.

Likely starting line ups:

FIGUEIRENSE

GOALKEEPER = Andrey, DEFENCE = Flávio, Chicão, Tiago Prado, Márcio Goiano, MIDFIELD = Rodrigo Souto, Carlos Alberto, Cícero, Fernandes, ATTACK = Soares, Schwenck.

JUVENTUDE

GOALKEEPER = André, DEFENCE = Rafael, Fabrício, Igor, MIDFIELD = Wellington, Renan, Lauro, Alexandre, Márcio Azevedo, ATTACK = Bruno, Leandrinho.

Conclusion

This would usually be a tough match to call after both teams impressive last results as morale is bound to be high. However, you simply cant look past Juventude's awful away record. With 6 away defeats in a row and only 7 points gained away from a possible 48 all season then you see just how bad Juventude are on the road. Figueirense on the other hand have only 3 home defeats all season. Figueirense are also now pushing hard for that remaining Copa Libertadores place which should hopefully provide the determination that they need to win. Straight home win for me, just cant see Juventude coping with Soares and Cicero, especially without there Captain to hold the defence together. Good luck all :hope .

My Bet: Figueirense (Home Win) 1.76 Betfair 6/10

Re: Brazil Serie A My picks : Figueirense 1.78 betfair : see chuck's post. Ponte Preta 1.98 betfair : Ponte played very well against the leader and showed lots of motivation to stay on first division. São caetano, in spite of having some good players is dead. Classificação Série A

P Equipes Pts M W D L GP GA net
1 São Paulo 64 32 18 10 4 57 31 26
2 Internacional 59 32 17 8 7 43 30 13
3 Santos 55 32 16 7 9 52 32 20
4 Grêmio 55 32 16 7 9 53 39 14
5 Paraná 50 32 15 5 12 48 43 5
6 Vasco 50 32 13 11 8 50 45 5
7 Atlético PR 46 32 13 7 12 55 50 5
8 Cruzeiro 46 32 12 10 10 45 35 10
9 Botafogo 46 32 12 10 10 46 38 8
10 Figueirense 46 32 12 10 10 44 40 4
11 Goiás 45 32 12 9 11 51 43 8